NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 23 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 10 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 9 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one dom64 with 1.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Bookmap with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 85,241 views
    2. thumb_up 99 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 158 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Bookmap  Bookmap is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 173

Hi all,

Good discussion! We plan to craft a response to several of the discussion points soon. In the meantime, a few points. Bookmap is simply a platform that very objectively displays and visualizes market data in a unique way. Bookmap is not an indicator, setup, nor trading strategy.

There are insights and advantages that can be drawn from the way the market data is visualized. For example, you may consider watching a recent Futures.IO webinar just a few weeks ago with professional trader Scott Pulcini. He is an order flow expert trading stocks and futures on both higher and lower time frames.

regards,

The Bookmap Team

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

Can anyone using BM post the heatmap of ES for today? Thanks

trendisyourfriend View Post
Can anyone using BM post the heatmap of ES for today? Thanks

Hi,

Nice liquidity activity captured by the heatmap today in the ES. Especially note the larger player(s) heavily layering in on the bid around 3150-3153 at 2:00-2:30 pm ET. Strong aggressive buyer ensued and moved price to a new range. Some pretty nice examples of the context and relationship between price structure, liquidity, and aggressor volume throughout the entire day.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

Bookmap View Post
Hi,

Nice liquidity activity captured by the heatmap today in the ES. Especially note the larger player(s) heavily layering in on the bid around 3150-3153 at 2:00-2:30 pm ET. Strong aggressive buyer ensued and moved price to a new range. Some pretty nice examples of the context and relationship between price structure, liquidity, and aggressor volume throughout the entire day.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Thank you Bruce,

You did post a nice description but as it is easy at the end of the session, i was wondering... i took the pullback at the 24h VWAP (3159) and lost a few points there no big deal but what cues could i have read that the VWAP level would not hold if i were using your tool?

trendisyourfriend View Post
Thank you Bruce,

You did post a nice description but as it is easy at the end of the session, i was wondering... i took the pullback at the 24h VWAP (3159) and lost a few points there no big deal but what cues could i have read that the VWAP level would not hold if i were using your tool?

Hi,

Your VWAP idea looks good, there is a pause or consolidation at 3160 around 9:45 ET before the next leg higher. The pullback in this case went deeper, even through the earlier Bid activity at 3154, to test the 3150 structure from the overnight session. There was high liquidity at 3150 resting there as well. This was the low of the pullback.

Look for the liquidity levels to hold and significant buyers to move price the opposite direction. This is where Bookmap can help, instead of simply taking trades off of a VWAP, Fib level, or whatever. The Layering by larger players at 3150-3153 around 2:00-2:30 pm ET is another really big help. Aggressive buyers come in and really move price away quickly. You may consider jumping in with a market buy order or look for a pullback to the top of the structure at 3160 as well.

We go over in detail this kind of order flow analysis in our Bookmap Advanced Education webinars everyday at 11-12 ET. It's free to the public on Fridays if you want a peek into the process. The education is not hindsight, we objectively analyze the current market volume and liquidity and give insight to future price movements.

Note it is not a trading room, it is about reading the order flow. For more education, including trading rooms, consider contacting several of our Bookmap educator partners.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap team

jz166 
NY, USA

Platform: NT/IB TWS
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 813
Thanks Received: 444

Bookmap 7.0 crashes on both of my computers, win10 with all the patches.
It's rushed for production apparently

jz166 View Post
Bookmap 7.0 crashes on both of my computers, win10 with all the patches.
It's rushed for production apparently

Hi,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your Bookmap 7.0 Beta version.
  1. Please send us an email to [email protected].
  2. Attached the pertinent log files associated with the crashes. You'll find the Logs located in the folder in C:\Bookmap\Logs.
  3. If we cannot assess the issue from the log files, we'd like to remote into your machine directly to find the issue and solve it.

Just a note, Bookmap 7.0 has been a solid product with minimal problems for our users. Nonetheless, it is still a Beta version. Look forward to your email and solving your issue.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

jz166 
NY, USA

Platform: NT/IB TWS
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 813
Thanks Received: 444

Bookmap View Post
Hi,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your Bookmap 7.0 Beta version.
  1. Please send us an email to [email protected].
  2. Attached the pertinent log files associated with the crashes. You'll find the Logs located in the folder in C:\Bookmap\Logs.
  3. If we cannot assess the issue from the log files, we'd like to remote into your machine directly to find the issue and solve it.

Just a note, Bookmap 7.0 has been a solid product with minimal problems for our users. Nonetheless, it is still a Beta version. Look forward to your email and solving your issue.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

thanks Bruce. I just send log file now.

jz166 View Post
thanks Bruce. I just send log file now.

Thanks jz166, the updated version of Bookmap that support recommended you install should solve your issues. We closed the ticket for now. If you continue to experience issues, simply let us know by replying again to the support ticket. Happy Holidays.

regards,

Bruce
Bookmap Team

Last Updated on December 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts