NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 23 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 10 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 9 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 1.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mattz with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 86,502 views
    2. thumb_up 99 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 158 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,858

phantomtrader View Post
I agree it's not about strategies or setups in the platform itself. If you find one, that's nice, but I haven't. I use it only as confirmation of my own automated signals. I attended their last webinar on Friday last. The person conducting the webinar was pointing out a lot of arbitrary potential trades which never happened - "it's up, it's down" etc. So I understand where's you're coming from. However, as a trading tool, I like it because it is graphic. But it's not a crystal ball or a fortune teller.

I am glad the visuals help your trading. I think it is great that you use it to confirm your own signals.

I would however be interested to see the times when everything is aligned and confirmed as you said, but the trade doesn't work out. Would you put this down to bad luck, a mis-read, one of those things etc. or just part of the statistics of trading because we don't profit on every trade.

My trades don't always work out even when the conditions are met and the setup is virtually identical to a previous trade. IMO that is just one of those things.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
72 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
16 thanks

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

JonnyBoy View Post
I am glad the visuals help your trading. I think it is great that you use it to confirm your own signals.

I would however be interested to see the times when everything is aligned and confirmed as you said, but the trade doesn't work out. Would you put this down to bad luck, a mis-read, one of those things etc. or just part of the statistics of trading because we don't profit on every trade.

My trades don't always work out even when the conditions are met and the setup is virtually identical to a previous trade. IMO that is just one of those things.

Absolutely. As I said in my last post, I bailed more losers than winners today even though I had some confirmation on the platforms. But I do tend to take some risky trades in the CL because it rotates "x" ticks on the bars so usually I can calculate where to get in and out. Today was tough trading. In retrospect, if you looked at my chart it's a work of art! But managing those trades was miserable. See attached.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cl.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	281435  
Thanked by:
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

phantomtrader, are you using volume or CVD bubbles?

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

tr8er View Post
phantomtrader, are you using volume or CVD bubbles?

Volume only. You can see the volume distribution on the bubbles. After a while, it becomes obvious whether the market is rotating or starting to be directional. It helps, but it's not magic. Takes time to interpret.

tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

great, I prefer the CVD bubbles, but each trader has different views

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

tr8er View Post
great, I prefer the CVD bubbles, but each trader has different views

It took me a very long time to interpret Jigsaw - I just didn't get it. Then one day it clicked and it's indispensable now. Bookmap may turn out the same way. Time will tell. Right now it appears to be useful.

jokertrader 
NYC, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra, TT
Broker: N/A
Trading: Spread Researcher and crypto degen
Thanks Given: 545
Thanks Received: 360

Can you mention which column of numbers is the most useful for you in Jigsaw...you can setup the same numbers in Bookmap as well

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

jokertrader View Post
Can you mention which column of numbers is the most useful for you in Jigsaw...you can setup the same numbers in Bookmap as well

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

See attached. I use the actual orders that are executed plus watch the net number in the far right column. Watching that number gives you an idea of how fast/slow the market is trading. The limit orders in the red/blue columns are practically useless because a lot of them are fake and change rapidly. I stopped looking at them completely.

The profile is also useful - the CL especially trades around the volume nodes. Once it breaks through one of those nodes, it's usually a slam dunk for a trade.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jigsaw.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	419.1 KB
ID:	281438  
Thanked by:

Tap In 
Bend, OR

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: Global Futures/OEC
Trading: NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 2,162
Thanks Received: 2,082

Attached is today's action in NQ with Sierras version of a heatmap. Clearly seen are the algos hard at work bracketing price down and up.

My question is, what are they trying to accomplish? These are obviously not stop orders since they are set at limit. They seem to be orders that never get filled. What's the point?

Any ideas?

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Tap In View Post
Attached is today's action in NQ with Sierras version of a heatmap. Clearly seen are the algos hard at work bracketing price down and up.

My question is, what are they trying to accomplish? These are obviously not stop orders since they are set at limit. They seem to be orders that never get filled. What's the point?

Any ideas?

How do you know they're algos? How do you know they're not just scalpers running up and down the ladder? In the end, what difference does it make? Algos, hedge funds, banks etc. - it doesn't matter who's trading. The only thing that matters is that you recognize a pattern on the chart and trade it accordingly. Some people seem to think it matters that all these "algos" are trading. The fact is we do not know who is trading. It's just an opinion.
Companies like Virtu https://www.virtu.com/ provide liquidity to the market. They're in there all the time. But I don't think it should make a difference to anyone's trading style. Just deal with it.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts