NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Bookmap with 23 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 paps with 10 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 9 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one dom64 with 1.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Bookmap with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 86,395 views
    2. thumb_up 99 thanks given
    3. group 53 followers
    1. forum 158 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Review for BookMap www.bookmap.com

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

Perpetual888 View Post
Not impressed so far....

What's your question?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
25 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks
 Perpetual888 
Vancouver Island

Platform: Bookmap, Sierra Chart
Broker: IB, Rithmic
Trading: ES CL NG
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 1

Aragorn View Post
What's your question?

I’m in Canada and IB is my broker. I primarily trade US energy futures on Nymex and would like to keep IB as my broker but use dxFeed for data. What’s the cost of the dxFeed data added on?

Also, I trade using IB TWS on a Mac. Are there differences between Bookmap for Mac vs Bookmap for PC? If so, could I run Bookmap on my PC with the dxFeed and IB as my broker, while concurrently running TWS and IB provided data for other instruments and trades on my Mac?

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Perpetual888 View Post
I’m in Canada and IB is my broker. I primarily trade US energy futures on Nymex and would like to keep IB as my broker but use dxFeed for data. What’s the cost of the dxFeed data added on?

Also, I trade using IB TWS on a Mac. Are there differences between Bookmap for Mac vs Bookmap for PC? If so, could I run Bookmap on my PC with the dxFeed and IB as my broker, while concurrently running TWS and IB provided data for other instruments and trades on my Mac?

Here is the pricing link for dxFeed: https://bookmap.com/dxfeed/
BookMap does have a Mac version. It is different than a PC.
You would have to use the same login credentials. Regardless of the feed that you use, so long as the account credentials are the same both would be connected to your Broker.

Thanked by:

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

Perpetual888 View Post

Why not use Rithmic for data and execution? That way you do not need an external feed.
Yes, you will need to open a USA based account as Rithmic is not offered via Canadian FCMs as far as I know.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

Yes Matt is right Rithmic would be the best data-source (because it is the only one with the entire order-book and would show all important levels), but you can also connect with your IB data-source (which isn't the best) as well.

DxFeed is for stocks!

Perpetual888 
Vancouver Island

Aragorn View Post
Here is the pricing link for dxFeed: https://bookmap.com/dxfeed/
BookMap does have a Mac version. It is different than a PC.
You would have to use the same login credentials. Regardless of the feed that you use, so long as the account credentials are the same both would be connected to your Broker.

Thanks for the dxFeed link. I had already seen it, however, was planning to get Bookmap using their promo price for annual subscription and save a considerable amount compared to paying monthly. The dxFeed data selection form only has the single month purchase option for Bookmap. I'm assuming it's only an additional $29/month for Nymex.

I'm hoping what you're saying about login credentials is correct, but have run into difficulties with IB before when attempting to connect to TWS while also connected elsewhere. As soon as I logged onto the other platform, IB immediately disconnected me from real-time data in TWS. I can check with IB about this, but figured since Bookmap is promoting its use with IB as a broker, they would know the answer.

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

tr8er View Post
Yes Matt is right Rithmic would be the best data-source (because it is the only one with the entire order-book and would show all important levels), but you can also connect with your IB data-source (which isn't the best) as well.

DxFeed is for stocks!

Good point. If dxFeed doesn't show market depth, or is limited, than an important component of BM is lost.

mattz   is a Vendor

tr8er View Post

DxFeed is for stocks!

Yes, but if you use 2 data feeds, then you are just lading up your systems and slowing your execution.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
 Perpetual888 
Vancouver Island

mattz View Post
Why not use Rithmic for data and execution? That way you do not need an external feed.
Yes, you will need to open a USA based account as Rithmic is not offered via Canadian FCMs as far as I know.

Thanks Matt. I'll have to take a closer look at Rithmic.

mattz   is a Vendor

Perpetual888 View Post
Thanks Matt. I'll have to take a closer look at Rithmic.

Would be glad to give you a demo for Rithmic and help you out.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 20, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts