NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

tradingthetape.com

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one chessbase with 6 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two xplorer with 5 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Japhro with 4 posts (12 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mojord with 4 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one wilson619 with 12 thanks per post
    2. looks_two dentgent with 8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 chessbase with 4.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Japhro with 3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,298 views
    2. thumb_up 125 thanks given
    3. group 40 followers
    1. forum 54 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

tradingthetape.com

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,506
Thanks Received: 15,420

JonnyBoy View Post
Chessbase hasn't posted anything to this forum in 2 years. A massive amount of grandstanding of this vendor in a short space of time and then radio silence after Big Mike's intervention. Make of that what you will.

Upon reading Emmett Moore's review, the vendor seems like a shill. As soon as he is challenged for proof of trading performance, he gets all defensive. He can't even prove he has a trading account.

Caution people.

Sure, I appreciated that JonnyBoy - it's not that I was ever remotely considering it - I was just curious about the two opposing views.

As for Emmet Moore, I tend to take those reviews with a pinch of salt but it's always useful material.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

sands 
London + UK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Proprietary Analytics
Broker: Multiple broker + Multiple feed
Trading: Currently European and US equities
Thanks Given: 257
Thanks Received: 234

I've looked at this vendor again recently and their software primarily reflects T&S activity in various forms on the chart. With trade management features and additional materials, guidance etc. Essentially as any form of tape reading out there it takes a lot of individual effort to garner value from. For me that's a likely reason for the variance in feedback from those who've dealt with them.

What initially stands out to me is their website claims that dom trading, technical trading, and tape trading are inherently flawed (paraphrased but that's the gist), when from what I've seen the software and technique employs at least two of those approaches. So I paused for thought at reading that, that's probably just a bit of marketing to convince newbies to buy it but surely doesn't make sense to anyone that understands what they're selling here. However, that aside there are some decent tidbits on their website for free regarding some basics that would be useful to new traders to read that I've not seen many other places for new traders. Always good to check out vendors even if you don't end up using them I think.

Regarding the product offering I'm sure there's some value in the training techniques offered that could be carried over to non-treasury products (as others here have queried), as I'm 100% certain there are plenty of successful tape traders in those markets. With this being a tape based tool for me making it work is about time at the terminal, that goes for whatever tape tool you use.

So bottom line I think what is taught likely has value but I think the software is trying to reinvent the wheel, and I'd not buy this tool myself as in terms of cost I don't think the product nor training would justify a recurring fee and as others have noted there are alternatives. Me I'd prefer a good old fashioned ladder any day.

Thanked by:
 dom64 
London, UK

Experience: Master
Platform: sierra chart, Jigsaw Trading, Bookmap
Trading: 6E futures, Cable

sands View Post
I've looked at this vendor again recently and their software primarily reflects T&S activity in various forms on the chart. With trade management features and additional materials, guidance etc. Essentially as any form of tape reading out there it takes a lot of individual effort to garner value from. For me that's a likely reason for the variance in feedback from those who've dealt with them.

What initially stands out to me is their website claims that dom trading, technical trading, and tape trading are inherently flawed (paraphrased but that's the gist), when from what I've seen the software and technique employs at least two of those approaches. So I paused for thought at reading that, that's probably just a bit of marketing to convince newbies to buy it but surely doesn't make sense to anyone that understands what they're selling here. However, that aside there are some decent tidbits on their website for free regarding some basics that would be useful to new traders to read that I've not seen many other places for new traders. Always good to check out vendors even if you don't end up using them I think.

Regarding the product offering I'm sure there's some value in the training techniques offered that could be carried over to non-treasury products (as others here have queried), as I'm 100% certain there are plenty of successful tape traders in those markets. With this being a tape based tool for me making it work is about time at the terminal, that goes for whatever tape tool you use.

So bottom line I think what is taught likely has value but I think the software is trying to reinvent the wheel, and I'd not buy this tool myself as in terms of cost I don't think the product nor training would justify a recurring fee and as others have noted there are alternatives. Me I'd prefer a good old fashioned ladder any day.

Fully agree mate. Trading is like loosing weight: There is no shortcut!

Alaskajeff 
Fairbanks, Alaska

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw, NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Amp, Ninjatrader
Trading: Eminis, bonds, gold, crude
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 23

I know this is an older thread, but thought I would provide my input with this vendor. I signed up for a three month round back in fall 2014. Was interested in learning about orderflow. His sales and marketing videos had appeal. First off, his software only runs on Ninjatrader. You also have to let him gain control of your computer in order for him to install his proprietary code. After that, you absorb all the information and training he has on his site. I must say, he has put a fair amount of time into this. What I found strange is that he kept referencing a certain day several months back as the best example of how his software could show when to take a trade. It made me think that if that was the only example in the last several months, then perhaps it was an anomaly. He reiterates that it is traded volume and how price reacts to that is what moves the market. He states that traded volume not only precedes price action, it determines it. These are all true and very accurate statements. However, I believe software should enhance your ability to spot an edge, not create it. You can see the same price action and how it reacts to traded volume on the Jigsaw DOM or other similar products. There is no reason to get locked into a vendor that requires you to pay him monthly in order for his one indicator to function on your software.

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,506
Thanks Received: 15,420

Alaskajeff View Post
You also have to let him gain control of your computer in order for him to install his proprietary code.

Thanks Jeff, useful review. Also, there should be no reason why one lets anyone gain control of your machine unless you need technical support.

Last Updated on May 8, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts