NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

gretaro's 2014

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one gretaro with 21 posts (29 thanks)
    2. looks_two Cashish with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Stylez777 with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,996 views
    2. thumb_up 36 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 25 posts
    2. attach_file 43 attachments

Search this Thread

gretaro's 2014

gretaro 
Reykjavik, Iceland

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart, cTrader
Broker: FXCM, IC Markets
Trading: EUR, AUD, S&P, Bund, Oil, Gold
Thanks Given: 589
Thanks Received: 101

Took 3 trades in the ZB this afternoon (my time). SIM but part of my TST Combine (30K 20 day).

Scratched 2 and got 3 ticks on 1. Trading one contract.

I am trying to trade more using the DOM but also relying on the charts. I am trying to use what Peter at jigsaw has talked about in his webinars that is high volume as support for my position to give me time to exit if I am wrong. Also trying to read the flow. I like this way of trading but yet to see how it works out.

[edit: a little more patience would have paid of today]

YES!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

gretaro 
Reykjavik, Iceland

Again traded the ZB in sim on the TST Combine.

First trade long 134.2 but got scared out of the trade for -2 ticks. Long again same price but scratched the trade. The read was right though and the market moved up.

Waited all day for the next trade and like the f... fool I am lost my discipline and went short 134.6 just before price shot up again to make new highs. I talked myself into the trade short even though there was no reason to go short other than we were at the high of the day and seemed that we could not go higher. I did not however wait for any confirmation.

-6 ticks in the ZB today. I am so mad at myself now I am going out to scream.

YES!
Thanked by:

gretaro 
Reykjavik, Iceland

Took a trade in the 6A (sim but in Combine). Was spectacularly wrong but just lost 6 ticks though. I was looking for a MTR (major trend reversal) after price broke trend line and MA on the 5 min. However the Daily, 60min and 15 min were not showing any weakness so maybe I should not have taken the trade. But it is a trend reversal trade so if I want to get in early I have to anticipate it which means lower probability but also a tighter stop.

Did not play out and so be it.

I have to say that recently I am not sweating the losses so much. Just trying to be conservative and watch the risk. Trying to wait for opportunities which allow for good risk/reward.

YES!
Thanked by:

gretaro 
Reykjavik, Iceland

It is still 2014 - so.....

Back to journaling after some long time off. Haven't really been able to trade much this year since my 1 and 3 year old's, job etc. are often more than enough. But now I am going at it again. I was reading my goals for this year at the beginning and realized that I have not really met any of them....but as I said. Family first.

I recently decided to go from sim to live but trading only micro lots (M6E or M6A) or spot-fx or CFD's that I can size so small that I do not care about the money. It is not about the money at this point (....it is but I just have to bite the bullet and trade small - baby steps).

Also will move to a bigger time frame although when I have the chance to trade smaller time frames I might.

I want to trade with the trend. Pullbacks or break outs. Sizing small allows me to be imperfect with my entries as long as my reading on the overall context is OK and also allows me to trade larger time frames something I have to do due to time constraints.

Since time is limited I will look at M6E and M6A daily but as time allows will scan other markets available to me through my broker(s) as CFD's f.ex. SP, Crude, Gold maybe.

Went short the M6A today @0.8610. Not the best trade location. I am not very patient when it comes to trading. I have to learn to wait.

My target is lower.....

[Edit:] Sold my M6A @.8580 for a gain of 30 ticks. Put in a target overnight that I thought had a reasonable chance of getting hit. Well I was right. The exit is the hardest. I am good at holding on to a looser but not so good at holding on to a winner.

YES!
Thanked by:

Cashish 
Miami FL USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ensign 10, NT7 DOM
Broker: IB, IQ
Trading: Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 811
Thanks Received: 2,102

gretaro View Post
It is still 2014 - so.....

Back to journaling after some long time off. Haven't really been able to trade much this year since my 1 and 3 year old's, job etc. are often more than enough. But now I am going at it again. I was reading my goals for this year at the beginning and realized that I have not really met any of them....but as I said. Family first.

I recently decided to go from sim to live but trading only micro lots (M6E or M6A) or spot-fx or CFD's that I can size so small that I do not care about the money. It is not about the money at this point (....it is but I just have to bite the bullet and trade small - baby steps).

Also will move to a bigger time frame although when I have the chance to trade smaller time frames I might.

I want to trade with the trend. Pullbacks or break outs. Sizing small allows me to be imperfect with my entries as long as my reading on the overall context is OK and also allows me to trade larger time frames something I have to do due to time constraints.

Since time is limited I will look at M6E and M6A daily but as time allows will scan other markets available to me through my broker(s) as CFD's f.ex. SP, Crude, Gold maybe.

Went short the M6A today @0.8610. Not the best trade location. I am not very patient when it comes to trading. I have to learn to wait.

My target is lower.....

[Edit:] Sold my M6A @.8580 for a gain of 30 ticks. Put in a target overnight that I thought had a reasonable chance of getting hit. Well I was right. The exit is the hardest. I am good at holding on to a looser but not so good at holding on to a winner.

Family first.

My, my, my,,, your "new" baby is a year old I can hardly believe that!

Take all the time you need,, the market (will probably) be there when she graduates high school (with honors of course).

"I am good at holding on to a looser but not so good at holding on to a winner."

Let me guess.

You hope your LOSS won't get any larger

and

You fear your PROFITS will get smaller.

Jesse Livermore suggests as traders we need to turn our thinking around in this area. He says, We need to fear our LOSS will get larger and hope our PROFITS won't get smaller, but continue to grow. This seems to make a lot of sense once a guy steps back and sees another way of looking at the "glass half empty",,, or I mean full.

It's great to see you trading "small" but I will suggest staying away from the CFD's and sticking with the CME. It's the only way to go, "I don't care size" that is. Remember, you're trading small because you're learning to trade,, your intention is not trying to turn a 10k account into million dollar account before your kids graduate grade school.

Good luck

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

gretaro 
Reykjavik, Iceland

@Cashish

Thanks for dropping by. I am glad to see you are still around the forum and willing to take time to show interest in my journey.

You are right, I am learning to trade, and it will take time.

I haven't posted anything for a while now but I have been trading when I have found the time. I am currently doing a continuous combine 50K with TST and trading fx in my micro spot account and also micros on the CME (the 6E and 6A) (real not sim).

I have been trading one lots in the combine and decided that when I had made 1k I would start to trade 2 lots. Scale out and hold the second for more. It is amazing how that change influenced my emotions. The change made it clear that I was trading not to loose - instead of to maximize my gains. Hoping that my losses wont get any larger and afraid my profits might get smaller. I immediately deviated from my plan and, f.ex. yesterday I took three small losses on a 2 lot, accumulating 30 ticks in losses. The premise of my first trade however never changed and if I had been trading one lot I would have stayed in the trade. Whats interesting is that I have much less problem (not as hard on my emotions) trading two lots (and more) in my real money account than on a combine account with sim money.

So now I am back below 1K and back to 1 lot in the combine.

Yesterday I also suddenly felt that chasing the combine was a not the best use of my time. I should instead focus on trading my own account with real money (micros of course). I had however put it in my mind that passing a combine was a something I had to do before putting my own money at risk. Also a recognition I could show others in my family to proof that this trading obsession was not a total waste of time and money. Now I feel that is not the way to go. Why am I using all this effort making sim money when I could be using it making real money (little but still real).

Whats also interesting is that I have traded 30 days in the combine and am $850 in the money, averaging $28 a day (trading full contracts). Yesterday I made $30 net trading micros in my real money account. Much less stress and more flexible trading.

I am going to try to pick up my journaling and see if I can make more in my real account or in my combine account giving my time until the end of april.

YES!
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 14, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts