NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

PC-SPAN

Discussion in Options

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Dudetooth with 218 posts (213 thanks)
    2. looks_two ron99 with 116 posts (55 thanks)
    3. looks_3 CafeGrande with 30 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BlueRoo with 24 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Dudetooth with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ron99 with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 BlueRoo with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 188,781 views
    2. thumb_up 317 thanks given
    3. group 75 followers
    1. forum 610 posts
    2. attach_file 159 attachments

Search this Thread

PC-SPAN

Dudetooth 
Steubenville Ohio

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: OX, OEC, RJO
Trading: Options on Futures
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 274

uuu1965 View Post
to @Dudetooth
HI,
some ES contract are displayed on Scan sheet but cann`t work on Track sheet, f.e. EWZ7 P 2565 (I use 05c version of XLS-SPAN). Please see attachment

@uuu1965, I think I tracked down the issue ... in the Class Module COption find the section that begins with "Public Property Let OptContract(Value As String)" ... replace that section of code with the code on the attached txt and you should be ok. Let me know if there are any other issues.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: XLS-SPAN (05c) fix.txt
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
uuu1965
Riga Latvia

Thanks Given: 441
Thanks Received: 72

Dudetooth View Post
@uuu1965, I think I tracked down the issue ... in the Class Module COption find the section that begins with "Public Property Let OptContract(Value As String)" ... replace that section of code with the code on the attached txt and you should be ok. Let me know if there are any other issues.

Thanks @Dudetooth! All works fine!

ron99 
Cleveland, OH

Experience: Advanced
Platform: QST
Broker: QST, DeCarley Trading, Gain
Thanks Given: 980
Thanks Received: 5,785

@Dudetooth I am having a strange problem. When I run H-Track on the first spread

I get this.

The spread IM is 396 from 20171011 to 20171031 even though all other data changes. When I run the 2nd spread I get 396 for every day for spread IM.

I used PC-SPAN and I get different Spread IM than 396. For 20171031 PC-SPAN gives me 277 for 1st spread.

I ran it in both XLS-SPAN (05a) and (05c). Same result. Does the same thing if I do Track Spread for one day. I redownloaded the 20171012 & 20171013 arrays from CME and that made no difference.

On 20171012 I copied the spreadsheet to a laptop to use while on vacation. When I got back I copied the spreadsheet back to my desktop. But I didn't do that to the (05c) version.

Does this problem happen on your spreadsheet?

Started this thread Reply With Quote
 Dudetooth 
Steubenville Ohio

ron99 View Post
Does this problem happen on your spreadsheet?

@ron99,

So I think I tracked it down. Short story - seems like sometime in June the SOM for SP increased drastically and that was impacting the spread IM. I believe that they use the delta scaling factor to modify the SOM, which was missing from my code. I modified only two procedures in the COptions Class Module: Public Property Let TypeBstr(Value As String) and Public Property Let Type82str(Value As String) in order to remedy this ... at least it seems like it is working correct. You can copy it from the attached update.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: XLS-SPAN (05d).zip
Thanked by:
uuu1965
Riga Latvia

Thanks Given: 441
Thanks Received: 72

@Dudetooth
When I open a synthetic position that uses the various months of future and option, XLS-SPAN (05d) does not calculate the total margin.
F.e., Short ESH8 and long EWF8 C 2665 (Zaner platform shows margin of $2570)

Dudetooth 
Steubenville Ohio

uuu1965 View Post
@Dudetooth
When I open a synthetic position that uses the various months of future and option, XLS-SPAN (05d) does not calculate the total margin.
F.e., Short ESH8 and long EWF8 C 2665 (Zaner platform shows margin of $2570)
Attachment 244269

@uuu1965

Sorry, I haven't been able to work out how to do that in XLS-SPAN ... it sees those as two separate commodities.

Thanked by:
 ItalianBmT 
Java/IN

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS
Trading: gold
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Dudetooth, downloaded the latest and there is still an issue for 64bit users.. In this section to download the risk arrays file, it output a file mismatch error. On rectifying by entering a Private PtrSafe Function, the before mentioned SaveWebFile gave an error that it was not defined. Which was puzzling because it was defined as per the code below.

Private Function SaveWebFile(URL As String, LocalFilename As String) As Boolean
Dim lngRetVal As Long
lngRetVal = URLDownloadToFileA(0, URL, LocalFilename, 0, 0)
If lngRetVal = 0 Then SaveWebFile = True
End Function

Dudetooth 
Steubenville Ohio

ItalianBmT View Post
Hi Dudetooth, downloaded the latest and there is still an issue for 64bit users.. In this section to download the risk arrays file, it output a file mismatch error. On rectifying by entering a Private PtrSafe Function, the before mentioned SaveWebFile gave an error that it was not defined. Which was puzzling because it was defined as per the code below.

Private Function SaveWebFile(URL As String, LocalFilename As String) As Boolean
Dim lngRetVal As Long
lngRetVal = URLDownloadToFileA(0, URL, LocalFilename, 0, 0)
If lngRetVal = 0 Then SaveWebFile = True
End Function

Sorry I can't be of much help troubleshooting this. If a solution is ever found I'll be sure to get the fix into the latest version.

jokertrader 
NYC, NY

Platform: Sierra, TT
Broker: N/A
Trading: Spread Researcher and crypto degen
Thanks Given: 545
Thanks Received: 360

Sorry for a slight off topic question. Trying to get historic settlement or end of day data for exchange traded crude calendar spreads say for at least 4 years. can I do that somewhere somehow? I have sierra and cqg I can load individual individual months for past data one by one, use the spreadsheet study then export and then calculate the spread but is there a better way? So as example I can load June 2015 symbol ad then Dec 2015 then extract and calculate the difference but any ready way to get data readily for the 6 month exchange spread from CME?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 ron99 
Cleveland, OH

Experience: Advanced
Platform: QST
Broker: QST, DeCarley Trading, Gain
Thanks Given: 980
Thanks Received: 5,785

jokertrader View Post
Sorry for a slight off topic question. Trying to get historic settlement or end of day data for exchange traded crude calendar spreads say for at least 4 years. can I do that somewhere somehow? I have sierra and cqg I can load individual individual months for past data one by one, use the spreadsheet study then export and then calculate the spread but is there a better way? So as example I can load June 2015 symbol ad then Dec 2015 then extract and calculate the difference but any ready way to get data readily for the 6 month exchange spread from CME?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

I have a spreadsheet that has all CL settlements for the last 9 months of a contract for all contracts since 2006. You'll have to calculate the spread prices yourself. Do you want it?

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on September 23, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts