NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

OKshunal Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one OKshunalTrader with 133 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TheTradeSlinger with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 16,919 views
    2. thumb_up 26 thanks given
    3. group 5 followers
    1. forum 131 posts
    2. attach_file 55 attachments

Search this Thread

OKshunal Journal

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Bonds, YM
Thanks Given: 255
Thanks Received: 146

Two losing trades today, -812 in closed out trades. Sold oil, was up for a while but turned negative quickly, - 510. I also sold The pound.
I am still in the LONG The Bond.

Tomorrow is the NFP. I have another strategy for trading that so I may close out the LONG bond as part of that strategy.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

...several hours ago. The Bond from yesterday sold at 1 tick above breakeven.
Note to self: Should have unloaded it yesterday but I was busy at the close. The price just kept eroding away after lost night's open.

Trades today: Bought two ZB 03-15 after the NFP and the initial drop at my buy Stop. I sold a little early but am satisfied. I attempted to buy the ES and Sold when I did not like the PA for Two points lost.

I Sold Crude oil on a momentum trade a little higher than my longer term signal and closed out with 28 ticks fortuitously before the bounce back.

I had a sell in on the copper but canceled it mid session as it did not look like it would trigger. I had few not trading things to accomplish.

Note: These trades were all shorter term than usual but it was Friday and Jobs Friday at that.

Net for the day, +992 BC.

Thanked by:

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

I made some mistakes today. I missed the open in the Crude oil and tried to chase it. Closed out for $500 loss.
I was short the Canadian Dollar and got out (probably correctly) with only a 90 dollar gain.
I went long the Long Bond for 437.5 and tried to get in again at the end for 125 loss.

-97.50 BC.

I am on vacation, so I probably will not be trading for about 10 days.

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

I missed an exciting week of trading and started out with three loosing trades before I had a winner today.

I went LONG the DX near Sunday PM open and lost 50 ticks. DX later turned around to finish up. (review this entry)

I bought the bond overnight an lost 18 ticks.

I bought Crude over night. That was just wrong...

I sold the Gold for 69 tick gain. I tightened up my stop a missed part of a nice leg down. I know I particularly hate giving back unrealized gains. With the already $1300 down however, I was unable keep my self in the trade. I did reenter for an additional small gain (13 ticks) but by then the big move was over.

Net loss for the day $502.50

I did not look at anything in the overnight trades.

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

There is a lot more information than I understand. The Volume Ladder did seem to help with short term trading but that is not really my preferred style. I find the screen to very cluttered. I need to review which indicators are the most useful to me.

I went LONG Crude last night winning on one and loosing on the second for -$110.
I went SHORT ES for $75 then reversed for $325. Credit GOM for help in getting out and back in LONG.
I went SHORT Crude this morning for $1050, though I got out a little early, it was very near where Crude has been for the last hour. (Actually was two trades).

Credit GOM for getting me in earlier than my PA only signal. It did not help maximize my profit with the exit. This was my first attempt with the Volume Ladder, however.

Net for the day $1265 before commissions

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

...in four trades so far today.

I tried a short in Gold last night and was stopped out on the 15 minute bar. Wow! -$500

I sold the Crude and wanted to close it out before bedtime. +350

My ES triggered about then and went dead.
I went to bed and closed it out this morning (+187.50) when my second short in the Crude turned against me and I closed it out. (-$270)

Net loss $ 240 BC so about $260 net.

I still have one trade pending in the Swiss but it is a limit order, still a way off.

I am going to play golf and let my strategy control this one it it triggers.

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

My limit was 1.0158 and the high was 1.0147 so no trade. I did great in Golf (for me) but it was cold.

Looking for possible trades now.

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

I was up 500+ on CL when I got up this morning (5:30 PST). I moved the stop down and was closed out with $110 profit. I could not leave well enough alone and re-entered with a tight stop and Lost $110. I then tried a few short term trades and came out even on on them. I did not do well on the short term stuff. Down about 50 dollars for the last day of the year.

For the month, I made 252 dollars. Not much the effort I put in.

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

Good start for January going 2 for 3 today.

The Dollar Index gaped open above my BUY price from 12/31 so I put in an order to Sell the British Pound, instead
I also sold Gold overnight and had nice paper profits in both contracts this morning. I elected to manage the two trades differently:
The Gold: I let the ATM as set up completely control the trade.

I was stopped at 480 profit after being up (peak) $1390 though for a very short time. There were better and worse places to exit. I struggle with exits. I don't like to give back gains and sometimes it limits my profits.

On the Pound, I manually moved my stop down. This was a much more controlled decrease.

As I write this, the Pound is down an additional $200. Comments?

Finally, ES triggered and I move my stop down to protect the gains in the above trades. ( lost $75)

All before commissions

OKshunalTrader 
Bakersfield, CA USA

Okay I made another trade. (And due to a fat finger, it was really two trades). While both were profitable, I am not really happy with my technique.

I think I do a pretty good job with setups and entries. I mainly use daily charts and put my entries in between 2:30 and 5:00 PM PST. I use relatively large stops ( my stops in the Crude, Gold, and Currencies would make it near impossible to complete a TST Combine with a 30k to 50k account).

What I do not do well is re-enter the market with as high a percentage win/loss ratio or profit factor.

So as I was examining different techniques that would have squeezed more profit out the three trades today I saw that just adhering to my original ATM strategy would have improved the Pound trade, and the ES trade while the Gold trade would have been the same. So I re-entered the ES.

I was lucky. I made another 162.50 on the two trades and covered my earlier $75 dollar loss. But without my higher percentage setup, this is just gambling. It is thrilling, but....

NOTE TO SELF: Don't re-enter a trade unless the set up meets you initial strategy criteria.

I am still looking for the balance to manage my trades post entry.

Last Updated on September 21, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts