NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Blue wave trading review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jaguar52 with 8 posts (21 thanks)
    2. looks_two iq200 with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 thailerdurden with 5 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ThatManFromTexas with 4 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one benbrooke with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Jaguar52 with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 iq200 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 64,669 views
    2. thumb_up 56 thanks given
    3. group 28 followers
    1. forum 62 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Blue wave trading review

Amsterdam Whale 
Victoria, BC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7
Broker: DTNiQFEED, IB broker & B/U data
Trading: CL, 6E, TF, NG, Acoustic Bass
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 12

Jaguar52 View Post
I have been using the BWT for a few years, and finally discovered SuperTrend and realized that there was nothing special about the BWT's at all. It is mostly cosmetic. I have traded these tool-sets side by side and noticed no difference in the signal firings.

You can get the SuperTrends on this forum, or buy indicators from different vendors that are also great duplicates. You can even get a decent auto trader.

BW has turned off the license for the indicators I paid for and have used for these past few years. He has not refunded my money.

Indicators can add an edge when used well with emphasis on the most leading indicators of price, s&r, TOD, FTP.
So, before you spend a fortune on hyped up stuff with big price tags, consider alternatives. There are no secret indicators, or secret setups, or anything secret.
Your ability to trade well will ultimately (imho) come down to your willingness to learn to trade price action first, indicators second.

Also, if you are going to pay a large amount of money on any tools, better make sure there is real live training available on how to use them to trade with. Buying indicators and a printed manual of setups does not cut it. Show and tell in the live market is the difference between someone who sells hype and theory, and someone who actually can trade well with their own tools and setups.

Decided to drop out of hyperspeed, pop my head in from the multiverse a minute here and note that in my opinion this is one of the best posts on any trading forum, in this dimension and every other. Ah, I hear the protests, "There's no secrets, no 'grails holy or otherwise, not even any real technical advice, a cheeky guru-ish foretelling of likely riches... not even a damn ad hominem attack for entertainment value?!!! What's so bloody great about that??!!?"

Exactamundo.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
 Amsterdam Whale 
Victoria, BC

Platform: NT7
Broker: DTNiQFEED, IB broker & B/U data
Trading: CL, 6E, TF, NG, Acoustic Bass
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 12

Amsterdam Whale View Post
Decided to drop out of hyperspeed, pop my head in from the multiverse a minute here and note that in my opinion this is one of the best posts on any trading forum, in this dimension and every other. Ah, I hear the protests, "There's no secrets, no 'grails holy or otherwise, not even any real technical advice, a cheeky guru-ish foretelling of likely riches... not even a damn ad hominem attack for entertainment value?!!! What's so bloody great about that??!!?"

Exactamundo.

I've never used Blue Wave Trading's autotrader or any product but for some bar-types I bought a couple of years ago. Theywere fine, they were... well, just bartypes. It's important to note that the last AmsterdamWhale comment is off topic and meant as a positive, supportive response to the poster's attempt to draw our attention away from 'ad hominem attacks', to trading's core requirements - because I know that a great deal of what's said on forums is very much misunderstood by the voracious yet intellectually lazy minds of many new traders trying to make a go of things. The biz attracts quick buck wannabes like no-where else, let's be frank. I came to this way of thinking after reading a lot of dangerously libelous 'reviews' of both big and small money trading software products that I had very positive experiences with. I started talking to people and thinking about why this was so because I decided that leaving it at some version of, 'because they're idiots' was, while no doubt true, the same cop out 'the idiots' were making.

I developed a theory that people had incredibly unrealistic exepectations of trading and that the preponderance of info many people were getting they were cherry-picking from forums etc, Of course it's their own damn fault but I wasnt questioning blame, that's obvious from the start ('idiots', remember?). It did bother me though, personally.

It was a hard decision for me to take, but a full third of the trading kitty I'd scraped together I decided to spend on a traderoom/educational package. If I had not made that decision 4 years ago I would not be enjoying the amazing success I'm very proud of.

One thing I discovered was that some of the worst offenders were people who hadn't even paid the money - but were using pirated copies! I should have known! In fact I remember it wasn't long after I'd made that decision to spend the $$ on edu when I found a review of my edu provider that was so aggresive and so venemous, so detailed and so long-lived - the entries were over a three year period - that I literally vomitted from the sudden panic i felt considering that I might've just in reality put my family's future in the dustbin while trying so hard to improve our lives. It wasn't the case, thankfully, but for real - the educator's been under constant assualt during the 4 years I've been trading full time and yet I've found greater success than I'd even hoped for by initially using his methods, his products and in the first 18 months, his routines and traderoom everyday. . .

So, I've decided that it was my expectations which played the decicive role here, more so even than my abilities, dedication, and determination because, well, because expectation neccesarily precedes all of those other factors in the reasoning process, yet often is the least considered element. Objectively, anyhow.

Importantly, what I mean here is less obvious than just one's expectations about specifically what one expects a provider to provide, because in looking into this a bit more deeply I found that the material and/or personality behind it can all be top notch but if success is not met, expected success anyway, students/consumers genuinely feel ripped off. There seems to be some confusing between knowledge that is difficult to attain because it's kept under wraps by someone who isn't eager to share it (unless the $ is right) and knowledge difficult to attain because its complexity requires the 'build one step upon the last' approach. Lots of candid market participants shared with me that, at the outset, they'd really believed it was the former type they had to aquire. There's really a lot of things in our society generally and in trading in particular which foster this point of view which, if never actually challenged, is in many ways a natural-enough position to take - for an idiot anyway.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
thailerdurden
san antonio, tex

Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 33

wow, I didn't get anything out of that last post, and it was so long! Is it me, or is it the post?

Blue Wave trading looks like it is an automated Renko and Linebreak strategy. The Youtube videos are hypnotic. All that money just pouring in. Why it looks like I could recoup the $6k fee in 5 working days!!

Problem is that it is specifically optimized for each contract. In other words, he is retro fitting to history.

Thanked by:
 iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

thailerdurden View Post
wow, I didn't get anything out of that last post, and it was so long! Is it me, or is it the post?

Blue Wave trading looks like it is an automated Renko and Linebreak strategy. The Youtube videos are hypnotic. All that money just pouring in. Why it looks like I could recoup the $6k fee in 5 working days!!

Problem is that it is specifically optimized for each contract. In other words, he is retro fitting to history.

You hit the nail on the head.

I tried the indicators when Randy first brought them out. The star of the show was the paint bar study. At the time Randy told me that the study should be used with TA. I thought to myself, why do I need your indicators then!! Unfortunately the signal point for the study also flickered in and out so That helped me to decide not to go ahead!

With regards to the strategy, if you look at the YouTube studies, you will see different settings being used so I assumed the settings were optimised too.

I've noticed a worrying trend that vendors who maybe have stopped making money from their products have turned to Renko charts because they possibly think it's easier to trap newbies.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

trust us it is the grail...how much more do you need to know. if there are any users that were green in 30 days and now live in Saint Kitts please share with us the blessed thrill ride

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

fesx 
Georgia

Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ZN, ES, FGBL, FESX
Thanks Given: 874
Thanks Received: 113

If any of your automated products are profitable, the solution is simple...put your own $$$$ in an account and show us real results after a month, 3 months, a year. You can then attach the customary statement that past results are not indicative of future results...blah blah blah. I think its sad that most newbies feel it would be so easy to trade if only they had this or that indicator or product. If you want to learn to trade, put in your effort and time if you want to be a successful trader. There is no Holy Grail!!!

thailerdurden
san antonio, tex

fesx View Post
..... its sad that most newbies feel it would be so easy to trade if only they had this or that indicator or product. ..... Holy Grail!!!

So after speculating in futures since 1989 with real $$$, and studying it since 1979 I'm still a newbie! Point taken.

Ya, the last thing I need is another indicator.

thailerdurden
san antonio, tex

khan786 View Post
its simple cross over of 10-20 ema.

how can it be a simple 10 20 ema cross over when trades are triggered after 2 bars the same color?

I can get my own 3 line break charts to look something like Blue Wave's.

Someone said the Blue Wave can be copied from Super Trend which is found somewhere on this site.

thailerdurden
san antonio, tex

Jaguar52 View Post
I have been using the BWT for a few years ..........You can get the SuperTrends on this forum, o.

where can I get it? exactly??

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

thailerdurden View Post
where can I get it? exactly??

go here, click 'search this thread' at lower top left corner, enter supertrend

or use https://nexusfi.com/search/attachments/

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 22, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts