NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

simon jousef's GTR trading room

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fxfutures1976 with 11 posts (16 thanks)
    2. looks_two jerryjerry with 7 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 billr with 6 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4 posts (19 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fminus with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 jerryjerry with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fxfutures1976 with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 51,444 views
    2. thumb_up 135 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 98 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

simon jousef's GTR trading room

leledc 
Rome

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader/Metatrader
Broker: Activetrades
Trading: 6E/EURUSD
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 40

Someone can go more in depth with market profile usageusing MP for stoploss and how he teaches rejection and continuation?I have my vision but i 'm interested in how he teaches this.Thanks

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

jerryjerry View Post
uzzo .the membership is standard and premium th e standard is $7300 and the premiun is $9850 the standard you get to use the trade room for $199 a month and a few of the preprietary incators the premium you get coaching .the swing trade room where he calls swing trades by text or what ever choice you want , 12 months to the gtr. room and many others feathers. yes any one can use the room all the trades are called ahead of time so you will have pently of time to get in . he all so tells you when to get out , and he uses smart stops which is about 3 to 6 ticks which is rally hit but you will have to see for your self here is the link address. Global Trade Room - Live Trade Calls

To me the price seems very expensive compared to other rooms that offer lifetime membership (TTZ, JPJ Trading, Valhalla, even Felton). I visited the room a couple of times and while I saw good trades, I found Simon unclear in some of his calls and also annoying with his weird cheer leading style of grunting when he is in a winning trade.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

jerryjerry View Post
first of all i have been a member of the gtr trade room since june 2013 .when it was $4300 for the life time memship to the members area and access to the trade room for $199 a month it has since gone way up but you get what you pay for all i know is that i make money every day i am in the room and that is all that counts to me . i dont care if who believe me or not . i am making money so that is all i care about

I care.

All of your posts in three years have been about this vendor, and your posts read like an advertisement.

One could easily assume you are the vendor and this is self promotion.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 sharmas 
Auckland

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

I braved it and attended the session

Very confusing, One guy is calling short and other saying lets go long...get ready for long. entry is xxxx okay thats a small loss, lets go long now.

Not something you would learn from or to understand how they call their entries and method is difficult to ascertain.

Sharmas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jerryjerry 
GARLAND TEXAS

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: oil
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 29

Big Mike View Post
I care.

All of your posts in three years have been about this vendor, and your posts read like an advertisement.

One could easily assume you are the vendor and this is self promotion.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

i am sorry you feel that way, how can you asome who i am when you do not know me i say what i say about the gtr room because it is what i use . i dont trade for a living i trade for fun it is a hobby of mine because i do not have nothing to do all day , because i do not need to work. this is who i am

LKL: Free after 22 years

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

jerryjerry View Post
i am sorry you feel that way, how can you asome who i am when you do not know me i say what i say about the gtr room because it is what i use . i dont trade for a living i trade for fun it is a hobby of mine because i do not have nothing to do all day , because i do not need to work. this is who i am

LKL: Free after 22 years

Because I am the administrator of the site, and I see the patterns and behaviors of vendors that disguise or lie about their identity in order to promote their products all the time.

Your posts read like advertisements, including costs and all the "upside" of how much money is being made, with no discussion of the risk or negative views on this vendor.

You also continue to post here even after you've already made your "review", responding to people as if you were the owner of the trading room.

It is all highly suspicious and of course if true you are in violation of our forum rules and will be banned permanently.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 toulouse-lautrec 
Europe

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 53

I joined them twice for the free session they offer on a weekly basis.
There were two chaps in the room (Bob and Sandy?) discussing trades and some other topics. Almost like a radio show ... The older guy almost sounds like Lahey from the Trailer Park Boys ....

I only listened for 1 -2 hrs each session and was not able to always pay full attention, so take my words with a grain of salt.

From what i saw / heard they were not trading exactly in the same way. One of them basically used a trendline / box breakout method. The other one seemed to position himselves with limit orders around key profile levels / SR levels.
The trendline guy showed his charts and he was watching three different markets all the time.

They were transparent and upfront about which trades they took, on some occasions i saw the chart trader.
As far as i could tell they were making money (sim or live, i don't know).
The trades i saw were apparently executed with 3 contracts, taking off 2 contracts at just a few ticks (3 ticks i think i saw).

What makes me very cautious is when people discuss continuously about how much money you can make theoretically. This for me is always a red flag. It usually starts with some small number, which is supposed to make it sound achievable ("making $200/day should be easy....") and then all of a sudden numbers become bigger and bigger. Then they said if you'd make $200/day consistently any hedge fund would pay you $10M/year to trade for them... yeah, right!

There was a lot of boasting about how they can explain every tick in the market at any time and how they could even teach a monkey how to trade. They also kept mentioning how good Simon, their partner (not present) is, how he would identify turning points to the tick and take huge runners... (how lucky they are they have him and he is not actually trading for one of these hedge funds making millions!)

In summary, from what i saw (and again i cant say i kept watching very closely) it seemed to me that their method revolves around scraping a few ticks off at high probability inflection levels, immediately taking 2/3rds off to reduce risk and hoping to catch the occasional runner.
If it work for them, that's fine, there's worse out there. For me personally this kind of risk management is problematic.
Some may be able to pick up themselves how to trade like that, some may want to pay someone for the service to be taught.

lsubeano 
hollywood

Platform: thinkorswim
Broker: TD
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 65
Thanks Received: 165

I saw a recast of Kai Whitney with Adrienne Toghraie...it looks like they are doing free trials of the room....I may check it out.

It seems a little 'too good to be true' style trading, concerned with volume profile and following order flow.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Eubie 
Prague, Czech republic

Platform: NinjaTrader/ZF
Trading: ES, TF
Thanks Given: 273
Thanks Received: 81

Hi,

my two cents ... I was in the room for about 6 months 2 years ago.

Cons:
  • Inconsistency of thought (one could call it lack of objectivity) - you're told in all videos and promos that everything is explained to detail and clearly. Then, lo and behold, sometimes the same thing is a short, sometimes its a long. Trading isnt easy to explain and the conditions are always different, but then why say that all presented trading rules are clear.
  • Too much risk (this is subjective to what trades I seek) - trades are done in multiples of 3 contracts with the same stop (e.g. 6 ticks), with targets being 5 ticks on two contracts and the last is left as a runner. As soon as the smaller targets are reached, the room operator will have made enough money for a "risk-free" trade where he goes for bigger profits. My problems with this is that the first two contracts have risk:reward < 1 which goes against all I feel is right.
  • Occasionally, "less solid" ideas are being presented as something that really works. If the room operators knew that network packets can be lost/arrive in different order that they were sent in, they would see that relying on EXACTLY X contracts being bought/sold on a price, but not X-1 or X+1 contracts, is an illusion of having a real rule.

Pros:
  • Students can ask questions. The answer will be understandable depending on the similarity of the student's and room operator's thinking (that was my problem), but Simon is very helpful and willing to discuss.
  • Trading is done with REAL money and all students see it. You see all the charts, orders, etc. in real time. No editing, no delayed charts, etc.
  • Access to educational videos as given for a lifetime, including updates.
  • The trading day, in the vast majority of cases, ends with a profit in the hundreds.

Overall, I have learned much from this room, e.g. seeing that
  • trading can be done
  • you dont have to be a rocket scientist with a PhD from maths to succeed
  • how people use the tape and market profile
  • "trading habits" of people who do this for a living
  • and many more, that I cannot verbalize.

Cheers,
Daniel

rocksolid68 
Duluth MN
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader/Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,419
Thanks Received: 2,676

I have attended the GTR rooms free Tuesday trials on several occasions.

While I have been in the room they generally do quite well. I got used to their conversational style after awhile.

Question: Does anyone have an idea how they are deriving their "Magnet Lines" that the market "is drawn back to"?

The price for the room is steep but they seem to make money consistently from the sample of time I have watched.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 24, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts