NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

What Training courses you have please give me your review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Sasha with 17 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two aviat72 with 8 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Ron Schnee with 7 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kamd with 6 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cbratton with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Slipknot511 with 4.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 aviat72 with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Sasha with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 41,724 views
    2. thumb_up 65 thanks given
    3. group 26 followers
    1. forum 79 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

What Training courses you have please give me your review

aqt1981
Melbourne, Victoria

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 0

Can you please tell me about what training courses you have done online. If they were any good?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Ron Schnee 
Fort McMurray, AB, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8 EOD,
Broker: QT
Trading: currencies, indexes, CL
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 8

excellent idea to get some feedback early on. I have some opinions along this line, but I won't give any negative response in this site with names attached.

Suffer to say, that the $2500 and up courses are not necessary to begin with in your study and maybe never will be. Stay away from brick and mortor schools that have built in overhead, as much can be obtained with live webinars or two day hotel seminars that will be more the real market price.

Money back within a period is good, to me it speaks of a persons confidence that he/she will impart something in the allotted time and release you if you just can't fit to them.
This may not be available from bigger places with many sales staff to feed.

Some people will bad mouth a place maybe because it does not fit with their mindset, there are many takes on this business. (scalp vs swing, risk size, which market etc)
Try to do demo's first and don't get in a big hurry to sign up on a deal, they will come around again with offer reductions. Scale in with a small package first, make sure it is credited to a scaled-up offer.

Someone who stresses account management / money management and helps with an understanding of psychological barriers / traps is almost necessary as this is the reality you will face without them.
good luck
schnee

Thanked by:
 cbratton 
Cebu, Philippines

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 118

About a year ago I bought the 101A course from the Advanced Trading Workshop. I paid quite a bit for it, but since it has doubled in price.

First off, I do not recommend this to anyone, unless you want to waste your money. Though to be fair I'll give both the positives and negatives of what I saw.

If you sign up for the free trial, you will be consistently harassed by Brian, who is the salesperson of the room or ATW Help. He will keep trying to invite you into a private session and give you a sales pitch "we want to get to know you better". Also, every morning both Andy and Brian try to make a sales pitch to everyone on the free trial and those who have already bought the course because everyone is stuck in the same room. I feel sorry for those who bought the course because to hear the same thing every day is very frustrating.

When you buy the 101A course you get three months of the same room that you were in on the trial, but you still see the same thing. You also get access to the 101A course only room, but I can tell you nothing much ever happens in there and what you see in the free trial room you also see in the 101A course owners only room.

With the purchase of the course you also get access to the video archive, which has quite a few videos, I think around 150, it goes back about 2 1/2 years. Most of the videos are a repeat of the same thing. If you see it one time you will not learn anymore than that, the stuff is very easy to understand, I don't understand why they need 20 videos on each subject. The videos that you can watch on the free trial is pretty much what you will see when you buy the course, so don't be fooled when they say they have so much more training on this "subject" when you buy the course, because that is just not true. If you understand it and can explain it to a total stranger, then watching the video a couple more times will not help. I say this because Andy says everybody should watch the videos several times each, but is will not help you become a better trader, people wish it were that easy. Also, you lose access to the videos after the 3 months is up, which in my opinion is kind of a scam, because you bought the course and they don't let you have access to the vidoes anymore after you paid for them.

Now to the systems. With the course you get several systems, including the AC300, AC400, ACRX, ACChannel, and several more, but those are the main ones. I can tell you don't buy the course because of the systems, you will be very disappointed. All the systems are is just a moving average, Bollinger bands, channels, and the MACD. You can look at their charts and replicate the results if you wanted to. The colors are nothing special either, it's just based off of the MACD. They also make such a big deal about divergence trading. If you trade a pivot divergence, meaning two pivots it's about a 50% win rate, so pretty random, maybe a triple pivot divergence is about 60%. It's a joke when Andy goes on webinars to make a sales pitch and goes through a day showing how effective that technique is, but after the fact and real time are completely different. Of course after the day is done if you see a divergence trade it is always a winner, because the divergence disappears if it was a losing trade, you'll know what I mean if you watch the markets real time.

They also put an emphasis on VSA or volume spread analysis. The problem is they look at 1 minute charts. In really volatile and fast moving markets a 1 minute might make sense, but most of the time is does not. If you focus on a 1 minute chart you will get destroyed. You will see a lot of reversals and most will fail, and the ones that don't you still won't make much. If you look at enough bars of course you will see some buying or selling, so if one bar out of twenty bars shows some selling your going to sell, I can tell you that's a bad idea.

On the positive side some people really like the ATW. They will stand up and tell you how much value there is in the ATW and the course is way underpriced. BTW, the 101A course lists for $4,995. It's funny how those same people still need to subscribe to the trading room after years, which costs $200/month.

My final thought and advice is to not to waste your time or money on the ATW. I wish I had read a review like this then I could have avoided that pitfall also. If you really want, sign up for the 30 day free trial, nobodies stopping you everyone has a free choice of what he or she does.

After looking at the ATW and many other sites I can honestly tell you what is offered at this site Big Mike's Trading forum is worth so much more than all the Advanced Trading Workshop courses and products combined.

Here's more reviews on the ATW: https://traderopinions.com/indicators/advanced-trading-workshop-aka/

CTGUY
Brentwood, Tennessee

Thanks Given: 171
Thanks Received: 25

When I took the leap into the forex, I took a course by Peter Bain and I highly recommend the course if you're interested in learning.

anniebee321 
london

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja
Trading: fgbl
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 44

hi,
having attended live courses and bought online courses ranging from $400 to $4000 i can honestly tell you that none were worth the money. tradestalker do a good ebook and tom williams book, james daltons mind over markets(tough though). think very very very carefully before you hand over your hard earned cash - the courses i have been on leave more questions unanswered than anything else providing you with picture perfect examples that only work once in a while - and they don't tell you when these methods are unlikely to work.. Read trading articles on investopedia and join forums - i think its a matter of immersing yourself in the industry/concepts until you really get it which is how its just beginning to work for me.

Thanked by:

dimkdimk 
Melbourne

Broker: IB, ThinkOrSwim, Kinetic
Trading: Options, Forex
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

I can recommend courses from Dr. Burry Burns. It is at www.topdogtrading.com

Very great courses and easy trading approach. Basically, after a few monthes of practicing it made me not a losing trader. That is in fact big progress already on its own ;-) comparing to what I was :-)

Follow me on Twitter
 Ron Schnee 

Weighted towards forex but still applicable to the question asked.
I have not been anywhere else on this site. RS

Learn Forex With Top Forex Trading Education Sites [COLOR=#810081][/COLOR]

Ron Schnee 

Hit enter too soon; I forgot to mention that the course reco'd by Dimkdimk above (TopDog) is one found in the webpage URL I pasted above.

TopDog gets overall positive comments and is priced low (cheap).
I have watched his five video free sampler, worth the time definitely. Just sign up and get the connections with emails.

For a new person, they can get a good grounding and won't be out a lot and have regrets if you change your mind about trading later on. At least about the education cost part. The course that costs a small account is NOT where to start.
RS

dimkdimk 
Melbourne

Broker: IB, ThinkOrSwim, Kinetic
Trading: Options, Forex
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

Ron Schnee View Post
Hit enter too soon; I forgot to mention that the course reco'd by Dimkdimk above (TopDog) is one found in the webpage URL I pasted above.

TopDog gets overall positive comments and is priced low (cheap).
I have watched his five video free sampler, worth the time definitely. Just sign up and get the connections with emails.

For a new person, they can get a good grounding and won't be out a lot and have regrets if you change your mind about trading later on. At least about the education cost part. The course that costs a small account is NOT where to start.
RS

I just want to add that please don't make your opinion about the course based on those 5 videos. Course itself is much deeper and much better. Those five videos are just to understand if you like a manner of a teacher and his style of education.

In the course you will get mostly videos and pdfs as a short summary. Most of the things are explained in real trading environment and gives you additional feeling of dynamics.

Plus, you can get your money back anytime. I don't know anybody who did that though among my peers.

Good extra to that course is you can subscibe to a 3-times per week newsletter. A lot of useful information there as well.

Burry have developed indicators described in his course : that is really piece of work ! I just love those.

P.S. Search in the internet or youtube there are a few free videos from Burry. You can get some info for free ;-) Just search in youtube : topdogtrading

P.P.S Burry does many web-conferences, we may approach him and he may host one of futures.io (formerly BMT) webconferences. I have no idea if he wants this though.

Follow me on Twitter

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 1, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts