NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 532 posts (485 thanks)
    2. looks_two gabga100 with 28 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rassi with 27 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fiki with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BunnyDumb with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 165,882 views
    2. thumb_up 763 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 905 posts
    2. attach_file 372 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

Big Mike View Post
You might consider coordinating with LukeGeniol on the data feed comparison thread for bid-ask studies:

it would be interesting to see how TradeStation data stacks up.

TS can't stack up because it doesn't have bid/ask data. It has only uptick & downtick. I've done comparisons and it's very similar but not exact. A GOM framework would have to be developed for TS and it'd have to be done in a DLL because easylanguage wouldn't be powerful enough. So that's why I have charts that require bid/ask data in Market Delta. I use the tool appropriate for the job. I know you have been critical of this but it works well for me.

I'll check out the thread.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

cunparis 
Paris, France

cunparis View Post
TS can't stack up because it doesn't have bid/ask data. It has only uptick & downtick. I've done comparisons and it's very similar but not exact. A GOM framework would have to be developed for TS and it'd have to be done in a DLL because easylanguage wouldn't be powerful enough. So that's why I have charts that require bid/ask data in Market Delta. I use the tool appropriate for the job. I know you have been critical of this but it works well for me.

I'll check out the thread.

I forgot to add that TS is further handicapped for bid/ask work because it timestamps bars with only minute resolution.

I have heard rumors that TS will support bid/ask this summer but I have no idea if it's true.

cunparis 
Paris, France

I took advantage of the slow activity today to get caught up on something I've been wanting to do for a long time - make a version of my pro paintbar for Ninjatrader! I've almost got it finished and plan to release a beta version real soon. Here's a chart from Friday afternoon (my time is 6 hours ahead of NY time).

This version does not give direction so you have to interpret that yourself. But with a bit of practice it's not difficult to do. Just think of the blue bars as fading the current move and the yellow bars as amateurs going with the current move. Magenta is a very strong pro bar and white is a very weak amateur bar.

This indicator uses 3 different algorithms to analyze the volume to classify it as pro or amateur. It has audio alerts for each type.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paris pro paintbar.png
Views:	217
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	14652  

gtichauer 
Argentina

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Zen Fire / IB
Trading: ES, TF, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 807
Thanks Received: 298

cunparis View Post
I took advantage of the slow activity today to get caught up on something I've been wanting to do for a long time - make a version of my pro paintbar for Ninjatrader! I've almost got it finished and plan to release a beta version real soon. Here's a chart from Friday afternoon (my time is 6 hours ahead of NY time).

This version does not give direction so you have to interpret that yourself. But with a bit of practice it's not difficult to do. Just think of the blue bars as fading the current move and the yellow bars as amateurs going with the current move. Magenta is a very strong pro bar and white is a very weak amateur bar.

This indicator uses 3 different algorithms to analyze the volume to classify it as pro or amateur. It has audio alerts for each type.

Look forward to test them.....have been following this indi for sometime and like it a lot....not sure HOW it defines pro or amateur but it seems very reliable as confirmation or warning sign....thanks for sharing !!!

GT
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

Friday before the open I wrote in my daily update on the blog:

Quoting 
My guess is we balance today and start a move down on Monday. Monday’s a holiday you say? They like to move it down while we’re sleeping.

On Sunday I described the short swing trade setup in my weekly review.

Quoting 
There is a short swing trade setting up but I’d like to see a bit more weakness on the smaller timeframes.

Yesterday I saw some some weakness that convinced me to take a partial short position and I went short at 92.25. I took a partial position because I was trading against cycles on the 40500 & 13500 tick charts. As it often happens, the more difficult trades (the ones I take with a smaller size) turn out to be the good ones.

So far it's playing out as expected. This is going to be an interesting week. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but I believe we could retest the lows one more time. If it holds then we'll likely move higher. If it doesn't hold then things could get really ugly for the bulls. I go over the market profile evidence for a large move either away in the weekly update on Sunday.

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

This is a technique I'm working on. I call it "working the cycles".

Basically if price goes against me after my first target is hit but I still have one contract on, if the setup is still valid and I get a timing entry then I add a contract to my position. I did this 3 times. Last contract I got out at cost (the new averaged cost) + 1 but it is technically a small loss since depending on how you look at it. In any case the total is 2.75 pts. Hit my goal and now relaxing on sim.

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

This is a swing trade from yesterday (image from before the close). Took one off and I'm holding the second. I'm still bearish here, at least until I see some follow-through by the bulls.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	es second swing trade pl.png
Views:	157
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	14818  
Thanked by:
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

Hey Cunparis, I was looking for your POT indicator, do you have a recent version that you are using?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

cunparis 
Paris, France

syxforex View Post
Hey Cunparis, I was looking for your POT indicator, do you have a recent version that you are using?

I haven't released any updates. when I do I'll update the following page:

Pace of [AUTOLINK]Tape[/AUTOLINK] Indicator » Trade With The Flow

gtichauer 
Argentina

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Zen Fire / IB
Trading: ES, TF, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 807
Thanks Received: 298

cunparis View Post
This is a swing trade from yesterday (image from before the close). Took one off and I'm holding the second. I'm still bearish here, at least until I see some follow-through by the bulls.

Hope u took profits early today !!!

GT
Follow me on Twitter

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts