NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 532 posts (485 thanks)
    2. looks_two gabga100 with 28 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rassi with 27 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fiki with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BunnyDumb with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 165,794 views
    2. thumb_up 763 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 905 posts
    2. attach_file 372 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

syxforex 
British Columbia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

Excellent, thanks. ES, I don't know why it scares me. I am seeing that you are a high precision trader. I'm not quite there yet, more of a surfer still.

I can barely keep focussed on 6E so I don't think I could trade more than one at a time. But if Euro is in a tight range for a few days or if I'm just not reading the fundamental picture it would be nice to have something else to turn my attention towards, something I can read and know well like I am starting to with 6E.

I may have to move to Europe, what a luxury you have with the hours you work! Monaco, now that would be nice!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

cunparis 
Paris, France

Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

syxforex View Post
Excellent, thanks. ES, I don't know why it scares me. I am seeing that you are a high precision trader. I'm not quite there yet, more of a surfer still.

I can barely keep focussed on 6E so I don't think I could trade more than one at a time. But if Euro is in a tight range for a few days or if I'm just not reading the fundamental picture it would be nice to have something else to turn my attention towards, something I can read and know well like I am starting to with 6E.

I may have to move to Europe, what a luxury you have with the hours you work! Monaco, now that would be nice!

I tried doing a bit of CL before ES opens but the problem is I spend a lot of time in preparation. I study the cycles, I define S/R levels, I study the Market Profile charts and come up with important levels, etc. If I want to trade CL then I have to do all that for CL and that's why I limit myself to two highly correlated markets so that I can do the analysis for ES only.

I don't know about high precision, I'm always early. But I'm working on it.

PS: The hours here are pretty good for trading. But if I were in the US I'd just trading the first few hours and be done for the day.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Cool, thanks, I'm so busy I haven't had a chance to really examine the markets. I'm not live right now, still working on the finer details of a strategy.

As for being over here, if I stay in NA I will be heading to the West Coast, that's where the good life is! East Coast morning is over as the Gondola's fire up on the mountain! My body hates nights though, really doesn't like it...

cunparis 
Paris, France

What a crazy day! This is the hardest time I've ever had trading ES. Mentally demanding. Market doesn't make much sense. Open drive up, solid drive down, solid drive up. Enough to make anyone want to trade on sim!

I ended up with 1.25 pts on ES on 1 trade. took a lot of heat, scaled in, got out with a small profit. I accidently canceled the strategy so it doesn't show up in my performance.

In my premarket video I said I was looking for a long. I expected 1112.50 to hold especially after it held at the open. But when it dropped down below 1100 it was looking very bullish. I ended up going long at 1105.25 and took one off at 12.25 for 7 pts. I'm holding the 2nd overnight with a stop at 1097. It's rallying as I write this so that is a good sign.

That was all real and I got 10 ticks on FESX (100 euros) on sim this morning. I'm feeling comfortable enough with FESX that I think I'll go to real money soon. As for ES, my volume analysis isn't working as well in the current conditions so I'm really tempted just to trade on sim. It's frustrating watching the market bounce up and down like a ping pong match without giving the usual clues.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	es ib trade list.png
Views:	175
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	13786   Click image for larger version

Name:	fesx trade list.png
Views:	159
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	13787  
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Ya, check out the 200K bars on ZN, three strokes and a perfect square!

syxforex 
British Columbia

I will ad this is precisely why I'm going to run with the X-Trader Dom...

deltason 
Memphis, Tennessee

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 1,613
Thanks Received: 122

syxforex View Post

I used to watch and sim trade CL and ES at the same time. Then I had to take a little break from trading. Now that I'm easing back in I only have ES on my charts. I can tell the difference but I'm not sure which I prefer, two instruments or one. Watching ES without CL allows me to focus more. However, when I watched CL and ES they would often set up for a move at the same time and I would have more confidence in a potential trade. Watching two different instruments allowed me to not only gain familiarity with the individual contracts but to also get a feel for their intermarket relationship or lack thereof. That can have its advantages but possibly at the expense of some distraction.

I hear that Monaco is incredible. No income tax?

Thanked by:
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Check out X-Trader DOM. Morgan Stanley rolled it out to their traders and to their clients. It's the Dom of Doms in my opinion...

cunparis View Post
I'll have to see how it goes in real trading but I do see a few already:

- the ladder display is slightly better. you can have the histograms and bid/ask on the same chart

- works historically, no recording and if your pc crashes you don't miss anything

- the crosshair will highlight a bar on all my charts. sometimes I want to see the ladder corresponding to a bar on my other charts.

- the workspace of Market Delta and just about every other charting platform (Investor RT, Tradestation) is far superior to Ninjatrader. I can switch workspaces in the time it takes to blink. so this means my desktop isn't cluttered with 10+ charts. I've always hated that about NT. I don't know if I check the euro in the video I posted but I'm constantly checking different markets

- Market Delta also has market profile which I'm learning

- The volume breakdown indicator has a lot of features (like statistics, momentum, delta change, etc.) that could be programmed in the GOM framework but don't yet exist. (See the attached chart). If someone could write those for GOM that would be great.

Some disadvantages:

- market profile is expensive ($200/month)

- zenfire won't backfill so you need a historical data source which makes it $225/month if you're not using IQFeed

- their license is per computer and it's a pain if you crash for example you can't just switch over to another computer (you have to transfer the license but you can't do that if your pc crashed!). To truly have a backup you have to purchase an extra license (at a discount).

- I like having the chart markers for my trades on the ladder. That's very helpful and I debated trying Market Delta because of that. However Market Delta should have this capability soon they say.

- I don't know RTL and I'm sure that C# is much more powerful. this means if I want to use any other indicators I've written I need to have a chart open in tradestation or ninja.

- If you're an indicator fan, there are lots more for Ninja.

no perfect solution here. I know BigMike is trying Multicharts. I haven't looked at that. My idea set for next week will be:

- Market Delta for order flow
- Tradestation for cycles & Turning Point Oscillator
- Ninja for the DOM

syxforex 
British Columbia

Cunparis, is the pace of tape ok for NT7?

cunparis 
Paris, France

syxforex View Post
Cunparis, is the pace of tape ok for NT7?

I don't have NT7 so I don't know. If someone can compile it for NT7 and verify it works and then export it we can make it available to everyone.

For X-Trader. It's known to be the best DOM. But you pay $500 in exchange fees per exchange with $1700+ for all of them. I think it's good for those scalping or really studying the DOM. For me the ninja DOM is fine and it's free.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts