NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 532 posts (485 thanks)
    2. looks_two gabga100 with 28 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rassi with 27 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fiki with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BunnyDumb with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 165,882 views
    2. thumb_up 763 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 905 posts
    2. attach_file 372 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

Well I'm proud to say I accomplished my goal. All my scalps had support of the big picture (cycles, order flow, volume patterns) and I only had one loss that I stopped at -3. And to boot I made 537 euros in 5 trades. Usually I trade more and make less. Now I just need to practice this and implant it into my brain. It's not easy, I was very intensely focused. So I'm stopping early and taking the kids to the park. They're home today due to a strike of school staff.

It was funny right as I was stalking an entry one of them comes to my desk and his belt was undone and he couldn't get it. I almost missed my entry.

Good trading to you.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dax pl.png
Views:	186
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	10100  
Follow me on Twitter Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

cunparis 
Paris, France

After a great dax session I dropped the ball on crude. Crude was moving very fast and there were lots of trades where I put in my order but didn't get filled or I saw the setup after price had moved away. No excuses there, I'm just saying I need to be quicker. That means focus more intensely and have the finger on the dom. As it turns out a couple losses wiped me out. A couple more wins would have made it positive. Also in those couple losses, I didn't have time to bail on the trade it hit my stop so fast. That means I really misjudged the setup because that's rare.

I'm still working on a daily goal & tilt levels. Today I was happy to stop trading after hitting -$350 on CL. My MFE for the day was $220 so I have to think if I want to start with a goal that low. I prefer to just get my daily average up to $400.

now I'm analyzing my trades to see what happened.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cl pl.png
Views:	160
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	10114   Click image for larger version

Name:	cl trades.png
Views:	169
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	10115  

cunparis 
Paris, France

Let me know if you guys find this thread useful. What do you like? What would you like to see more of?

Last week I focused on POT and the trades. From last weekend and today I focus a bit more on my mistakes and my goals, without the specifics of entries. So i hope you find that useful and that you can learn from my mistakes. If you have ideas for topics just let me know.

cunparis 
Paris, France

Doing my trade analysis, here is one to keep in mind.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cl trade right but early.png
Views:	206
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	10116  

cunparis 
Paris, France

Further analyzing that last trade, notice the huge difference in the MD footprint & GOM footprint. I've been comparing the two but I've never seen a difference this huge. They are complete opposites for the HVN (High Volume Node).

Once again Tradestation to the rescue. TS will give me T&S historically. I love that feature. So I'm calculating it by hand..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cl md gom ladder comparison.png
Views:	199
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	10117  
Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

I finished counting the trades on the ask for the 82.14 and I get 33 on both Market Delta & Tradestation. Market Delta ladder shows 34. The GOM Ladder with Zen-fire shows 117. Up until now I have seen small discrepancies which didn't really alarm me but this one does. I kind of found this by accident, now I'm afraid there are many more.

I don't know if this is a problem with zen-fire or the GOM ladder. The way to tell is to connect ninja to zen-fire and then compare that to market delta. I can do this in the afternoon session when I'm not trading.

I'm still deciding if I want to keep Market Delta, I'm still on the trial.

cunparis 
Paris, France

I've posted a few times about Pivot Farm, they've now launched their tape tweet service into a separate website:

TapeTweet - The Audible Market [AUTOLINK]Tape[/AUTOLINK] for Traders

I've played with it in the past when it was ES only. Now that it has CL I plan to give it a try. First it's free, so no risk. Second, it just clicks or pops depending on which way the market is going and it only does it when there is an increase in intensity.

I'm curious how close this is to the pace of tape. I plan to monitor both and see if there is any correlation. If anyone knows how it works let me know.

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

I ran ninja with GOM & IQFeed. The ladders were very close. I noticed one bar where market delta had 156 and ninja/gom had 174 for the volume at the ask. I counted up the trades manually from Tradestation T&S and I counted 157. So it seems Market Delta is more precise.

I think the next test is for me to run ninja on one pc with IQFeed and on a second pc with Zenfire. Then I can compare the ladders.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cl md gom ladder comparison 2.png
Views:	173
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	10138  

rassi 
the congo

Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

cunparis View Post
After a great dax session I dropped the ball on crude. Crude was moving very fast and there were lots of trades where I put in my order but didn't get filled or I saw the setup after price had moved away. No excuses there, I'm just saying I need to be quicker. That means focus more intensely and have the finger on the dom. As it turns out a couple losses wiped me out. A couple more wins would have made it positive. Also in those couple losses, I didn't have time to bail on the trade it hit my stop so fast. That means I really misjudged the setup because that's rare.

I'm still working on a daily goal & tilt levels. Today I was happy to stop trading after hitting -$350 on CL. My MFE for the day was $220 so I have to think if I want to start with a goal that low. I prefer to just get my daily average up to $400.

now I'm analyzing my trades to see what happened.

So if your happy with $400 a day why bother trading cl when you made over $500 on dax?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

cunparis 
Paris, France

rassi View Post
So if your happy with $400 a day why bother trading cl when you made over $500 on dax?

On CL I made $400 on average over the past 4 days and -$350 yesterday. So I'm not yet consistent. My goal is not to have a losing day.

On dax it's the opposite, my trading over the past 4 days was negative and yesterday positive.

I trade them both the same so there is no reason for the discrepancy. It means I'm not consistent. So while building up consistency on simulator I need as much practice as I can get, so it makes sense to trade both. I usually have a 3 hour break in between the two and I do non-trading activities (go running, grocery shopping, piano, or reading) so for me it's like two different trading days and by trading both I get to trade two different types of days in the same day. Morning is 3 hours and CL is only 2.5 hours. Overall that makes 5.5 hours of trading. I think it's a good balance.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts