NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 532 posts (485 thanks)
    2. looks_two gabga100 with 28 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rassi with 27 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fiki with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BunnyDumb with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 166,389 views
    2. thumb_up 763 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 905 posts
    2. attach_file 372 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

If you look at the market profile chart I posted in the previous post you'll see the VPOC was at 77.50. I was expecting price to make it back into this area, it came really close at 76.25. I expected this price to be accepted but there was a lack of enthusiasm from both sides. So I trailed my stop at 74 and it was taken out. I was planning on exiting around 77.50 anyway if I saw weakness. Since I had only done half position, I couldn't scale out. I only did half because I was anticipating adding the other half around 65. But it never made it there to get me in.

So +4.5 pts.

Got a few more winners on ES. I think it's "easy" because the market has just been grinding up & down in small cycles, easy to pick the top & bottom. On a day with more violent moves I don't think I could get away with this. So I'm hoping for such a day soon as I can find out preferably on simulator.

PS: I've been trying to tweet all non-scalp trades real time on Twitter, if you're interested in seeing it real time you can follow me.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

cunparis 
Paris, France

One more update and I'm quitting early.

Finally got the push up to 77.50 that I was looking for ( a return to fair value ). Too bad I got out just before but that's ok. when trading only 1 contract it's important to get out on weakness to avoid giving it all back. I think it's really hard to make money trading only 1 contract. This is definitely where the pros have an advantage as they can scale in & out..

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

A great day for scalping on the Dax this morning.

BunnyDumb
Manitoba, Canada

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 45

is it random or a pattern?

just something to look at...nothing more than that.
DB

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_Oct_28_ym21.png
Views:	237
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	24598   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_Oct_27_ym21.png
Views:	209
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	24600   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_Oct_26_ym21.png
Views:	208
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	24602   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_Oct_25_ym21.png
Views:	199
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	24604   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_Oct_21_ym21.png
Views:	197
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	24606   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010_Oct_20_ym21.png
Views:	182
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	24608  

cunparis 
Paris, France

After several days of consistent results scalping on sim, I decided to take the plunge and try it with real money. I didn't want to wonder all weekend if I can really do it real.

Today was a very slow day. Partly due to unemployment numbers at 11am (europe time) and partly due to the fact that Monday is a holiday so many europeans take a long weekend. As a result I didn't get many opportunities but the ones I got worked well.

As usual I made several mistakes. One I accidently clicked an extra target on a long trade. As a result when the last target executed it put me short, right at the start of a move up! Another mistake was I accidently got filled on a limit that I couldn't cancel in time. But that one worked out ok too.

Now I need to build some consistency so that I can increase my size. I'm once again on the road to 100 contracts on ES.

I do not plan to post my P/L every day, but since I have posted positive results the past few days I think it's only fair that I post my P/L on my next losing day. Hopefully that won't be for a while and when it comes hopefully it'll be small.

Cheers!

Thanked by:
BunnyDumb
Manitoba, Canada

it always looks better than it is!!!!

gotta do that in one day every day!!!

A

cunparis View Post
After several days of consistent results scalping on sim, I decided to take the plunge and try it with real money. I didn't want to wonder all weekend if I can really do it real.

Today was a very slow day. Partly due to unemployment numbers at 11am (europe time) and partly due to the fact that Monday is a holiday so many europeans take a long weekend. As a result I didn't get many opportunities but the ones I got worked well.

As usual I made several mistakes. One I accidently clicked an extra target on a long trade. As a result when the last target executed it put me short, right at the start of a move up! Another mistake was I accidently got filled on a limit that I couldn't cancel in time. But that one worked out ok too.

Now I need to build some consistency so that I can increase my size. I'm once again on the road to 100 contracts on ES.

I do not plan to post my P/L every day, but since I have posted positive results the past few days I think it's only fair that I post my P/L on my next losing day. Hopefully that won't be for a while and when it comes hopefully it'll be small.

Cheers!

Thanked by:
 Tradetronics 
Austria

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, X-Trader
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 25

Hi Cunparis,

Does your scalping method rely on the volume ladder? Is this something that you learnt at L2ST?

Thanks a lot and good luck!!

Regards,
TT

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

Tradetronics View Post
Hi Cunparis,

Does your scalping method rely on the volume ladder? Is this something that you learnt at L2ST?

Thanks a lot and good luck!!

You know thursday was the first day I hadn't had a ladder visible on my workspace in a month. And I did just fine without it. I'm primarily looking at the DOM and it's something I've learned on my own.

My goal wasn't to be a scalper, my goal was just to learn to scalp in order to be able to pinpoint my entries. however the scalping is working well so I think I can scalp while waiting for an important level and when comes enter as a scalp but let part run. and no reason that couldn't be done for a swing trade as well.

Al Brooks wrote "All trades begin as a scalp" and I finally really understand his point.

BunnyDumb
Manitoba, Canada

nice chart...nice buy on the lows.....if you did!!

But >>> I will look into it...fulcrum trader seem to be the authorities on this....

seems every time I look somewhere there seems to be taking me somewhere else....moles into mole hills
which mole ...into which hill....

I like the idea of cumulitive delta... but fulcrum seems to only use market orders for the indicator... but I know from looking at volume profile and cluster charts and volume in a one tick at one price can be as high a volume as 5 - 10000 contracts in currency futures...but how do I know it is a market order as opposed to a limit order........did the ppl running the market transfer from one omnibus to another???? to stop a market.....or is it a big trader??? who would buy or sell 9000 cars in one trade....who can afford too? how can I prove or disapprove who that is??
what am I saying....???? basically I am not 100% sure...like trading....is it manipulated or not.......can I have proof....
markets have been around along time....how do we prove the manipulation...how do we prove the the 'WHO' is the manipulator.....what really goes on in the markets......how to use the cumulitive indicator is probably best looked in terms of those who have experience with it.....so ..... I will look into fulcrum trader.com

pm if you want to chat and teach me what you know @ cumulitive for sure... I am very interested

be well

A

pfx111 View Post
Thanks BunnyDumb for sharing.
Can you comment the European Morning FESX 1min chart?
I see upon the 1st red diamond an true_positive of the event you are highlighting.(The buy/sell bars are visible from CumDelta).
The one above the 2nd red diamond seems a false positive.Is it correct?

Thanks

Paolo

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

Last week I said I'd post my P/L on a losing day..

Two major mistakes in crude today really hurt. Overall scalping was profitable but the two mistakes wiped me out. I need to rethink my trade management. I put a stop of 30 ticks that I have for emergencies and I like to move it in closer above a swing high/low. Well on a trade it just shot up like a rocket against me (I was short) and hit my stop. Then it hovered there and I went short again. That moved in my favor to tease me and then stopped out again. I never saw crude move up so far so fast, it was amazing.

So -850 including commissions on crude & ES & Euro:

My scalping on the x-trader dom for ES went ok so +100:

Not looking good for the day. However, a new kind of trading I've been doing.. day trading but I think of it as "mini swing trading" as I go for big moves. Saved my butt. I got a great short on both ES & Crude. On ES I was looking for a gap fill and got it (not sure if the gap was completely closed but I just look for it to close the gap between the previous high & open).

So I end up roughly +$200.

I'm rethinking scalping crude (and dax, same issue). I seem to do well on ES as I have a great feel for it and good intuition. When it comes to crude I don't have that and it can move against me so violent it's really risky. Plus it's not possible trade big size with crude. So I'm seriously considering trading only ES during US and Bund during European morning. That way I can combine scalping with the daytrading & mini-swing trading.

The quest continues..

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts