NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 532 posts (485 thanks)
    2. looks_two gabga100 with 28 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rassi with 27 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fiki with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BunnyDumb with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 166,330 views
    2. thumb_up 763 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 905 posts
    2. attach_file 372 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

Jeff Castille View Post
Yes........I've read some of the "no bs day trading" material..........a good read.

But.......what feature or features does x-trader have that enhances DOM reading?

It shows the cumulative volume at each price. Many have been asking Ninjatrader to do that, it'd be trivial to do it but they've got their hands full with NT7 as it is.

One needs to know the volume at that price to know if an order is pulled or traded. One could look at another indicator such as a GOM ladder or something but the problem then becomes watching two things at once when they both move lightening fast.

I went for X-Trader. You can get it "free" from Velocity Futures. The cost is bundled in commissions and it's "only" 10 cents more roundtrip than Mirus.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks

FulcrumTrader 
Austin, TX & Las Vegas, NV

Platform: Investor RT Pro, NT 7.0
Trading: ES, DAX, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 287

cunparis View Post
October was a major milestone for me - it marked 1 year of profitable swing trading, netting me $18k in profits trading ES ($19k including last week's swing trade). That may not be a lot compared to the people who make that every month, but it was a major milestone for me. I wrote a lengthy blog post about it but here's what counts: the account statement:

I've been wanting to post that for a while now, but I always wanted to make sure it was consistent. So now it's been 12 consecutive months, going on 13.

BRILLIANT JOB sir........consistancy is a foundation of dynamic profitability!

aviat72 
San Francisco Bay Area

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT,TOS,IB
Trading: ES,CL,TF
Thanks Given: 161
Thanks Received: 273

cunparis View Post
It shows the cumulative volume at each price. Many have been asking Ninjatrader to do that, it'd be trivial to do it but they've got their hands full with NT7 as it is.

One needs to know the volume at that price to know if an order is pulled or traded. One could look at another indicator such as a GOM ladder or something but the problem then becomes watching two things at once when they both move lightening fast.

I went for X-Trader. You can get it "free" from Velocity Futures. The cost is bundled in commissions and it's "only" 10 cents more roundtrip than Mirus.

Does the X-Trader DOM show the total volume for the ETH Session/RTH Session/ or the past few minutes?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

cunparis 
Paris, France

aviat72 View Post
Does the X-Trader DOM show the total volume for the ETH Session/RTH Session/ or the past few minutes?

It shows the total volume and also highlights the total volume at the current price since price came to that price.

if you look on some of the dom videos at you tube you can see this, easier to see than to explain

aviat72 
San Francisco Bay Area

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT,TOS,IB
Trading: ES,CL,TF
Thanks Given: 161
Thanks Received: 273

cunparis View Post
It shows the total volume and also highlights the total volume at the current price since price came to that price.

if you look on some of the dom videos at you tube you can see this, easier to see than to explain

I am interested in the second field. How long is it persistent? The contract can trade through a particular price many times; does it reset all the time?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

aviat72 View Post
I am interested in the second field. How long is it persistent? The contract can trade through a particular price many times; does it reset all the time?

It resets as soon as price ticks up or down. I find it challenging to keep track of that. I'd prefer this value be shown in a separate column but I can't figure out how to do that.

cunparis 
Paris, France

aviat72 View Post

Total for the day.

cunparis 
Paris, France

Nice short yesterday that stopped overnight at yesterday's low and the naked VPOC from the prior day.

I wasn't even looking for that short. I was just daytrading it and I saw it making a double top on the intraday chart and then I looked at the daily and started putting it together. The cincher was IBM & Apple earnings due after the close and I wanted to "sell the news".

cunparis 
Paris, France

Forgot to add, James Dalton is doing a free Market Profile webinar tonight after the close:

The Free Magazine for Stocks, Futures and Options Traders

Thanked by:
BunnyDumb
Manitoba, Canada

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 45

I have read some of your thread and watch a few you tubes....I am just lost in what you are doing.... I think you may be much better of trading a 1 minute chart or es with volume and bid ask delta....when I watch your vids it like sellers could be here but it may break up or down... a divergence here etc....it looked like a sell here.....

a question ...if in a bar there is a volume of 1000....200 are buyers 800 are sellers.......the market maker matches up 200 buyers to 200 sellers......so in the end we are left with 600 extra sellers......we see this data in bid ask hits and delta indicator....question is .......there are 800 on bid and 200 on ask.........the big question is .......who is the buyer for the extra 600 sellers on that bar.......

so what's the point.......it's alot easier than you are making it. ...there's a never ending cycle of events that are continually taking place...it is easily seen on a one minute chart....you can even trade it low risk with out the bid ask delta...but it sure helps you figure out who the buyer is for those extra 600 sellers..

cunparis View Post
I just did a video going over the Market Profile, COT report (last week's), and where I think ES is headed (slightly lower around 1128.50). I got 10 pts on ES yesterday but I'm not happy about it, because I could have made a lot more if it weren't for some key psychological issues that are holding me back. I talk about that in the video so check out the video and the blog post if you're interested. I bet I'm not the only one.

Today I put the ideas into practice and got 20 ticks on the Bund (200 Euros). Not as much as previous days however I kept my risk really small. A long time ago I wrote about using the ladder to get a 4 tick stop. For some reason I put that idea aside, I guess on Crude 4-6 ticks is not easy to do. But on ES & the Bund I think it's doable. A small stop is absolutely critical to reach my goal of trading 100 contracts on ES.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts