NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 532 posts (485 thanks)
    2. looks_two gabga100 with 28 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rassi with 27 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fiki with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BunnyDumb with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 165,794 views
    2. thumb_up 763 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 905 posts
    2. attach_file 372 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

Another strong move up. I sensed supply coming into the market with decreasing demand near the close and went short. Got some nice profits while sleeping. The extra buy was to get me out of my swing position so now I'm flat.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

cunparis 
Paris, France

Bund trading:

Thanked by:

jtrade 
near Amsterdam

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: (M)ES, (M)NQ
Thanks Given: 442
Thanks Received: 336

cunparis View Post
Bund trading:

Which one, please (I will check 'em out as I thought the bonds all traded like FESX) ? That said I'm really liking FDAX (still using THREE+ SETUPS + R5 entry).

Are you trading via TS8 now that they have lowered intraday Eurex margins ?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eurex bonds at 10 am.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	20511  

cunparis 
Paris, France

jtrade View Post
Which one, please (I will check 'em out as I thought the bonds all traded like FESX) ? That said I'm really liking FDAX (still using THREE+ SETUPS + R5 entry).

Are you trading via TS8 now that they have lowered intraday Eurex margins ?

Hmm.. I am not familiar with the other two bunds, I only trade FGBL. I thought that was the main one people traded. I imagine they're all somewhat correlated.

I do not place any trades with TS8. Although it'd waive the platform fee, I just can't bring myself to trade on their platform. I'm so used to the Ninjatrader DOM. Maybe I should give it a try. The only time I've traded with TS was with an automated strategy and it was catastrophic. So I stopped doing that.

I trade with Mirus & IB.

Thanked by:

jtrade 
near Amsterdam

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: (M)ES, (M)NQ
Thanks Given: 442
Thanks Received: 336

Thanks, cunparis, I just loaded a chart in TS and compared this morning's range in RS as attached. Those bunds sure make the DAX look very thin...

The TS Matrix works fine for futures - useless for cash fx because of the fractional pips, which cannot be turned off - but is not as versatile as the Ninja DOM. I might try some FGBL trades - clearly the widest range, at least this morning - in TS, but "in for observation" for now. I appreciate you drawing them to my attention.

I'm posting away this morning, having entirely missed the big DAX move down - I have trained myself to stay flat when this happens : better a flat morning that a losing one.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eurex bonds at 10.31.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	20513  

cunparis 
Paris, France

jtrade View Post
Thanks, cunparis, I just loaded a chart in TS and compared this morning's range in RS as attached. Those bunds sure make the DAX look very thin...

The TS Matrix works fine for futures - useless for cash fx because of the fractional pips, which cannot be turned off - but is not as versatile as the Ninja DOM. I might try some FGBL trades - clearly the widest range, at least this morning - in TS, but "in for observation" for now. I appreciate you drawing them to my attention.

I'm posting away this morning, having entirely missed the big DAX move down - I have trained myself to stay flat when this happens : better a flat morning that a losing one.

My method is heavily based on analyzing the volume, so the markets that have higher volume give me more reliable results. the dax is so thin that anyone can manipulate it and push it a little bit either way. Right now I'm focusing on Bund & Euro in the morning and ES & Euro in the afternoon. Euro is a challenge for me because it's more liquid than dax & crude but still more volatile than bund & ES.

I find stoxx doesn't move enough, I really don't like it. so many overlapping bars and 1 tick back and forth as thousands of contracts constantly trade back and forth. The bund can really move.

For the dax, what I like is you can get a really great R:R because the moves are so huge. but because of the volatility it means stopping out a few times and then get a big winner. I have trouble with that, after a few stops I get discouraged and then miss the big one. but for those who can take it, dax is a great market.

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

I thought I'd let you guys know that I have recently started trading without the sine waves & multiple timeframes. I'm writing about the process here.

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

And while I'm here, here are my bund trades for today:

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

I just did a video going over the Market Profile, COT report (last week's), and where I think ES is headed (slightly lower around 1128.50). I got 10 pts on ES yesterday but I'm not happy about it, because I could have made a lot more if it weren't for some key psychological issues that are holding me back. I talk about that in the video so check out the video and the blog post if you're interested. I bet I'm not the only one.

YouTube - 20100930 ES balancing and A look back at my journey.mp4

Today I put the ideas into practice and got 20 ticks on the Bund (200 Euros). Not as much as previous days however I kept my risk really small. A long time ago I wrote about using the ladder to get a 4 tick stop. For some reason I put that idea aside, I guess on Crude 4-6 ticks is not easy to do. But on ES & the Bund I think it's doable. A small stop is absolutely critical to reach my goal of trading 100 contracts on ES.

Thanked by:

gabga100 
New York

Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 72

cunparis View Post
I thought I'd let you guys know that I have recently started trading without the sine waves & multiple timeframes. I'm writing about the process here.

Which indicators did you keep in addition to pro bar ? Do you keep a constant 1000 ticks timeframe ?

Nice step towards a simpler trading life .....

You know what you know but you do not know what you do not know.
You do not see things how they are, you see things how you are.
In life you do what you want but you do not want what you want.
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts