NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 532 posts (485 thanks)
    2. looks_two gabga100 with 28 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rassi with 27 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fiki with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BunnyDumb with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 165,794 views
    2. thumb_up 763 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 905 posts
    2. attach_file 372 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

sysot1t 

I am sure that you will continue to improve, after all it did took you 2.5 years to be consistenly profitable... IMO, you are actually trading, and it can be verified by your postings... so regardless of the amount and that sometimes you get carried away with a bit of overtrading, you are ahead of many... and best of all, you recognize when mistakes are being made and you are looking to correct them... so I would just say, continue on your path and you will get to those 100 cars... thus far what I see is consistency and discipline from you, even if at times there might be some hiccups.. which is normal I would say.

lastly, dont worry about what could have been... if your goal is to increase size to 100 cars, then how many points you want for the day? 4,6,10? I would be happy with capturing 10-15% of the ADR... and that is my profit goal as I mature and become more confident, it might take me longer give my personality since I have a number of flaws to get under control... but it all comes down to trading your plan and sticking to it... who cares if a 16 pt winner took place because your entry was right and had you let it run you would have captured it...

cunparis View Post
Yesterday my gross profit was high but I traded very badly on ES. I overtraded and I entered too early several times and ended up scratching several trades. As a result my avg win was $15/contract and commissions took a toll on my profits. So I need to focus more on this. I'm currently trading 2 contracts and I need this under control before I increase my size to 3.

It's ironic actually because I went short 23.75 and got +1 & +2 pts on it. That's $150. All before the open. At the end of the day I didn't make much more than that on ES and I had like 20+ trades. And best of all, had I simply held that first trade I would have made 16 pts! (Of course there was no way to know that at the time but I do think it is ironic.)

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

sysot1t View Post
I am sure that you will continue to improve, after all it did took you 2.5 years to be consistenly profitable... IMO, you are actually trading, and it can be verified by your postings... so regardless of the amount and that sometimes you get carried away with a bit of overtrading, you are ahead of many... and best of all, you recognize when mistakes are being made and you are looking to correct them... so I would just say, continue on your path and you will get to those 100 cars... thus far what I see is consistency and discipline from you, even if at times there might be some hiccups.. which is normal I would say.

lastly, dont worry about what could have been... if your goal is to increase size to 100 cars, then how many points you want for the day? 4,6,10? I would be happy with capturing 10-15% of the ADR... and that is my profit goal as I mature and become more confident, it might take me longer give my personality since I have a number of flaws to get under control... but it all comes down to trading your plan and sticking to it... who cares if a 16 pt winner took place because your entry was right and had you let it run you would have captured it...

Very well said my friend. We think alike.

Maybe we should talk about your trading. Where are you at in your journey? What is your current focus?

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread
 sysot1t 

I am all over the place right now... trying to find my groove once again... I only grew by account by 13% this year... which was sucky when compared to 42% last year... I spent too much time researching and trying to understand the futures market in more depth so I didnt focus on my options or equities trading.. the way I look at it, there is a bull/bear every day somewhere.. as some would say... so I am happy with the few trades I made on my main account while I learn more about other markets.. the point is not to loose money after all ... I think I have defined my strategies now, which only go for 2-6 ticks... I have to understand a bit better ZB/N to see if they fit more my personality... ES just takes too long for fills... and CL is just too hyper active... so thus far I am ok with TF which is what I started with... finding the market to fit my temperament is hard, specially since I still work FT and I trade PT...

cunparis View Post
Very well said my friend. We think alike.

Maybe we should talk about your trading. Where are you at in your journey? What is your current focus?

cunparis 
Paris, France

Tomorrow we're heading to Normandy for the holiday weekend. I'm not sure I'll trade or not. It's supposed to rain the next four days so if it does I may have extra time. If it's nice out then we'll be out.

This week my focus was on increasing my $/contract in my daytrading. So far this week I have doubled last week's performance.

Here's the results:

It says weekly PL but it's a typo, it's Weekly PF (profit factor):

Thanked by:
 sysot1t 

Nice job

cunparis View Post
Tomorrow we're heading to Normandy for the holiday weekend. I'm not sure I'll trade or not. It's supposed to rain the next four days so if it does I may have extra time. If it's nice out then we'll be out.

This week my focus was on increasing my $/contract in my daytrading. So far this week I have doubled last week's performance.

Here's the results:

It says weekly PL but it's a typo, it's Weekly PF (profit factor):

cunparis 
Paris, France

What is the story with Kevin from OCM Trading? He did a "trial" today with gotowebinar and I sat in. I heard he was banned here. I saw one other futures.io (formerly BMT)'er in there. Anyone else?

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

cunparis View Post
What is the story with Kevin from OCM Trading? He did a "trial" today with gotowebinar and I sat in. I heard he was banned here. I saw one other futures.io (formerly BMT)'er in there. Anyone else?

If you are talking about who I think you are, he was posting links to his website and when questioned he said he was not a vendor, not commercial, not for profit etc. Later had proof he lied to us, so he was banned.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

cunparis 
Paris, France

Big Mike View Post
If you are talking about who I think you are, he was posting links to his website and when questioned he said he was not a vendor, not commercial, not for profit etc. Later had proof he lied to us, so he was banned.

That must be him. He's been very active in the forums & blogs recruiting for his mentorship program with his prop firm.

dk27 
Europe

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

Kevin started in Balance Trader chat room about 4 years ago and soon with Frank blessing started offering his "method" to members for 300$. I see he progressed since .
It seems some people in TL are really not happy.

86834 - OCM Capital - Kevin Haygreen - Kevin King

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

Been busy this week. Caught a nice swing trade off the bottom Tuesday:

Earlier in the thread I stopped posting my daytrading p/l and said I'd post when I had a negative day. Tuesday I lost $223 on my daytrades. First losing day of the month, glad it was small.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts