NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 532 posts (485 thanks)
    2. looks_two gabga100 with 28 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rassi with 27 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fiki with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BunnyDumb with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 165,794 views
    2. thumb_up 763 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 905 posts
    2. attach_file 372 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

rassi 
the congo

Experience: Advanced
Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

Why can't you discuss it?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

cunparis 
Paris, France

Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

rassi View Post
Why can't you discuss it?

Because it's against forum rules to self-promote.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread

max-td 
Frankfurt

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: FGBL 6E B4
Thanks Given: 2,309
Thanks Received: 927

just to make this subject / these futures.io (formerly BMT)- rules more clear for all here :

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

this has nothing to do with anyone personaly !

thanks max

max-td

rassi 
the congo

Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

Ok, didn't realise CP had become a vendor, best to change his status as well?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 akso73 
toronto

Experience: Beginner
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire)
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 4

Hi CP, where can I find this indi? I would like to test it out. Thx

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

akso73 View Post
Hi CP, where can I find this indi? I would like to test it out. Thx

akso, if you would have read the last few posts...... You would see that cunparis cannot tell you more about the indicator per futures.io (formerly BMT) forum rules, so you really should not be asking him.

Cunparis is selling the indicator and as per forum rules, that means he cannot promote it here. That means he cannot talk about it or link to it. Same rules for all vendors here on futures.io (formerly BMT).

Please PM cunparis if you want more info, but do NOT ask more about this indicator in this thread or it will have to be closed.

Thx,
Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 akso73 
toronto

Experience: Beginner
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire)
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 4

Ok Big Mike. 10-4

cunparis 
Paris, France

Big Mike View Post
Please PM cunparis if you want more info, but do NOT ask more about this indicator in this thread or it will have to be closed.

Seriously Mike this is getting out of hand. You have deleted one of my posts which contained content totally unrelated to this indicator. And now you threaten to close my journal, which is one of the more popular on the site, because of a single user who hasn't even read the recent posts! I would think you would not need to be so aggressive to one of the top contributors to your forums. I'd at least like the opportunity to post in my own journal again.

Deleting my post without any public explanation and by deleting the parts that were not "self-promoting" it only made things worse as people now don't know what's going on and I can't tell them. So let me try again:

There are social benefits to me having a small business with income, such as retirement & healthcare benefits. Remember I'm living in a socialized country and self-employed trader isn't a popular profession. There are also financial incentives as well. And there is the fact that I do not use ninjatrader for charting (except for POT cause I have no choice). So I thought charging a small price would be a good solution to my benefits problem and create a value for value relationship. I've given a lot of things away for free here and I think asking users to contribute a small amount is acceptable. And it will motivate me to make more tools for Ninjatrader. I don't sell anything that I don't use in my trading. I'm not inventing things just to sell them I'm simplying making the tools I use every day available for others.

I will not promote my blog or anything sold on this site so if anyone has questions you can PM me.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

cunparis View Post
Seriously Mike this is getting out of hand. You have deleted one of my posts which contained content totally unrelated to this indicator. And now you threaten to close my journal, which is one of the more popular on the site, because of a single user who hasn't even read the recent posts! I would think you would not need to be so aggressive to one of the top contributors to your forums. I'd at least like the opportunity to post in my own journal again.

Deleting my post without any public explanation and by deleting the parts that were not "self-promoting" it only made things worse as people now don't know what's going on and I can't tell them. So let me try again:

There are social benefits to me having a small business with income, such as retirement & healthcare benefits. Remember I'm living in a socialized country and self-employed trader isn't a popular profession. There are also financial incentives as well. And there is the fact that I do not use ninjatrader for charting (except for POT cause I have no choice). So I thought charging a small price would be a good solution to my benefits problem and create a value for value relationship. I've given a lot of things away for free here and I think asking users to contribute a small amount is acceptable. And it will motivate me to make more tools for Ninjatrader. I don't sell anything that I don't use in my trading. I'm not inventing things just to sell them I'm simplying making the tools I use every day available for others.

I will not promote my blog or anything sold on this site so if anyone has questions you can PM me.

Michael,

I did PM you but now it seems you want this to be public. This is the last time I reply about this topic.

Your post was deleted because the majority of your post was about your new indicator, you linked to it, you talked about it, you talked about charging money for it. Some of your post you rationalized charging money for it.

As you know in my PM I sent you, plus my actions on the rest of the forum, I am not against all vendors. I believe vendors have a right to sell their product and make money. I told you this. You know this. You used to be a moderator here and you know I would defend some vendors when I felt they did nothing wrong but were being given an unfair shake from members.

Now that you are a vendor you are quick to hop to the other side. First, you self-promoted in this thread. Having been a moderator here, I am not sure how you could forget one of our only rules -- no advertising and self promotion.

Then after we sent a couple PM's back and forth, you posted in this thread that you were going to stop posting to this thread and stop journaling and move on. You said, and I quote:

Quoting 
Well guys it's time to close my journal.

Now several users didn't understand what was happening, so max tried to clear that up, and then so did I. Not everyone reads every post so the question was already repeated again the same day. I said that I would just mark the thread Closed (prevent further replies) if it continued. Now, you get upset that I am going to mark the thread closed after you yourself said "it's time to close my journal".

As for the rest of your post, rationalizing the decision to charge for indicators --- as you know, as I said already, as you've seen from my other posts on the forum, as I said to you in my PM, I am not against vendors charging money. Some vendors are good, some truly wish to help people, some have products that might do that. Other vendors are not good, they are just there to make money and care little about truly helping someone, going as far as to lie and deceive. This is not isolated to trading vendors. This is the world we live in. futures.io (formerly BMT) made a decision to flag/identify vendors (people selling stuff), and then prohibit them from promoting on this forum. Simple as that. There is no need for you to rationalize to me your decision to charge money for an indicator. Again, as I said in the PM I sent you yesterday, you simply cannot promote your product or your blog (since the blog is now selling indicators) on futures.io (formerly BMT). It really is just that simple. Posting here is a privilege, not a right.

That being said, I also said that I hope you will continue posting here in my PM to you. And I will say it again now, I hope you will continue posting here. And I mean it. I am working hard to build a community that is different from others. You have contributed a lot to this community. I don't know what else I can do to encourage you to post here, except allow you to promote your product, which I am not willing to do. Just simply follow the rule of not promoting your blog or your product. Now, if you are too upset or mad at me to do this, fine, stop posting. But arguing about it is not going to aid your situation. Hopefully we can move on. I am ready to do so.

Thank you.
Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

ok how about we get back to trading.

to keep the journal open or not?

If people participate and tell me what they're interested then maybe we can continue. I just want it to be different than the blog.

Today I traded gold for the first time in a long time. Beginner's luck?

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts