NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one cunparis with 532 posts (485 thanks)
    2. looks_two gabga100 with 28 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 27 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rassi with 27 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one fiki with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two BunnyDumb with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cunparis with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 166,503 views
    2. thumb_up 763 thanks given
    3. group 56 followers
    1. forum 905 posts
    2. attach_file 372 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

cunparis journal, thoughts, and more

cunparis 
Paris, France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,162
Thanks Received: 2,093

Sleektrader View Post
cp,
My question is about the difference between what appears to be the net delta numbers that I have circled on the chart (-17 and +110).

I don't use the GOM ladder so I'm not sure what those numbers are. I'm sure the COT part is explained in the GOM ladder thread, I've read it but I forget. I know it's not calculated the way I like to use it in market delta.

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

ZTR 

Platform: NinjaTrader7
Broker: Mirus RCG/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL & 6e, looking at ES, ZB and AU again.
Thanks Given: 1,099
Thanks Received: 1,393

Fiki has discussed COT and changes to COT

I will touch on it during my Webinar on the Ladder May 12.

R.I.P. Andy Zektzer (ZTR), 1960-2010.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

What a day today! Really incredible price action. Dropping like that. The drop made a LL on the monthly chart which confirms the bearish sign cross. Things are going to get really interesting from here. It's not unusual for a market to retest the high/low around the sine crosses and since it's a monthly chart I'm not saying the top is in, that could take months. But things are looking a lot less bullish. I'd be happy if we stay in a trading range. I love those.

For day trading today I took one trade on FESX for 85 euros and one on ES for $128. I was trying for swing trades on ES but ES wasn't responding well so I kept bailing on them and re-entering lower. I took 3 tries and netted $264 before I gave up. There was a good setup near the end but I was no longer trying. This often happens - the market wears me out. In the evening I didn't take any trades.

The excel is getting more complicated but this should let me track most of what I need to track.

Thanked by:
 Sleektrader 
fort lauderdale, fl

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: index futures
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 41

CP,

What kind of methodology are you using? I mean, I am not asking about your system rules, per se, but rather, just wondering how you are finding your edge with the order flow. Are you taking breakouts, trend-continuation, or reversal/fades at the extremes.

Sleek

cunparis 
Paris, France

Sleektrader View Post
CP,
What kind of methodology are you using? I mean, I am not asking about your system rules, per se, but rather, just wondering how you are finding your edge with the order flow. Are you taking breakouts, trend-continuation, or reversal/fades at the extremes.

Order flow is just one piece, mainly for timing entries and controlling risk. The majority of my method is based on the cycle method that I linked to in the first thread. Read up on that and the other posts/threads I've linked to and let me know if you have more questions.

cunparis 
Paris, France

Pretty tough trading today but I managed to pull off 664 on a few swing trades and $103 in scalping. Hit my goal for the US morning session and in the afternoon I didn't trade anything. The market was a bit erratic and the cycles were out of whack. My first ES trade was a long and although the setup was good I didn't want to take it after such a strong move down so I took it on sim and of course it worked. Got to have confidence.

I separated the real & sim so that I can track them separately. Interestingly enough the real trades are doing really well and the sim trades are negative. Am I taking riskier trades when on sim and being more selective with real money on the line? That wouldn't surprise me.

I hope to post some setups and charts soon but I've been very busy lately and haven't had time..

Good trading everyone!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tradelog real.png
Views:	188
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	12859   Click image for larger version

Name:	tradelog sim.png
Views:	177
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	12860  

chipotlebop 
Pleasant Hill, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: CL, RB, HO, YG, YI, EMD, US
Thanks Given: 369
Thanks Received: 331

cunparis View Post
Pretty tough trading today but I managed to pull off 664 on a few swing trades and $103 in scalping. Hit my goal for the US morning session and in the afternoon I didn't trade anything. The market was a bit erratic and the cycles were out of whack. My first ES trade was a long and although the setup was good I didn't want to take it after such a strong move down so I took it on sim and of course it worked. Got to have confidence.

I separated the real & sim so that I can track them separately. Interestingly enough the real trades are doing really well and the sim trades are negative. Am I taking riskier trades when on sim and being more selective with real money on the line? That wouldn't surprise me.

I hope to post some setups and charts soon but I've been very busy lately and haven't had time..

Good trading everyone!

Good that you are still using sim for study and you can separate them in your mind.

Understand your competition. It gives you an edge. Having been a former subscriber to traders audio, and been through L2st like you, my first priority within the first 15 minutes and initial balance period is to try to gauge who is in control of the market and what their objective and time frame are. Then I know how and why to approach trades from a certain point.

Thanked by:

rassi 
the congo

Platform: North sea oil rig
Trading: Cl
Thanks Given: 1,563
Thanks Received: 1,199

Hi CP, quick question, please could you tell me the settings for the VB (volume breakdown) cant seem to get mine looking the same as yours (L2ST) just experimenting with it. Many thanks

cunparis 
Paris, France

rassi View Post
Hi CP, quick question, please could you tell me the settings for the VB (volume breakdown) cant seem to get mine looking the same as yours (L2ST) just experimenting with it. Many thanks

The histogram is a 3 period moving average of delta momentum based on bid/ask.

The line is a 5 period moving average. I don't really use this one at all and could remove it from my chart.

So far between delta, cumulative delta, & delta momentum with the smoothing I prefer the latter but none of them are perfect. Sometimes one will be "better" than the others. My main momentum indicator is better momentum but I do glance at the delta momentum while trading.

For those using GOMLadder, this indicator is available for the GOM ladder but I haven't used it. There's a thread on it in the elite section.

Thanked by:

cunparis 
Paris, France

I'm setting up a blog where I will post some videos of my trades. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while and I finally took the time to do it. The first post has a video of a short on FESX. I'm looking for feedback on what to put. Ideas are:

- show specific trades I took
- videos of real time trading
- show a premarket overview of the market
- do a market recap after the close

I'm open to suggestions. I also want to make some videos explaining how I'm using cycles & order flow. That's going to take me a while.. hehe..

FESX Short Trade Trade With The Flow

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on December 3, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts