NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Logical Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one LogicalTrader with 168 posts (223 thanks)
    2. looks_two jmsUK with 14 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mfbreakout with 10 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Balanar with 9 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Balanar with 1.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 LogicalTrader with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jmsUK with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 42,100 views
    2. thumb_up 277 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 220 posts
    2. attach_file 189 attachments

Search this Thread

The Logical Trading Journal

jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

LogicalTrader View Post
Failed A up setup today. Short from 97.79, holding for lower targets

EDIT 8:50 AM: Exited position at 97.42. Everything says we see at least 97.23 but I didnt have it in me to hold any longer.

Nice job. great trade

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Thanks Given: 1,420
Thanks Received: 757

Brent supported the WTI short in many ways. When the WTI Failed A up short setup
  • We had a good A down
  • MP was broken
  • Price was banging against MP low

Exit was also supported by Brent reaching its ADR targets.

These are still just observations. I really did not take the trade in WTI because of what Brent was doing. WTI trade was because of what WTI was doing.

LTP account still alive

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Want to note in my journal the bigger than usual delta divergence today since the open in WTI. Selling is being heavily absorbed today in WTI while Brent price behavior is consistent with delta

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

All analysis and no execution is useless. So based on the analysis so far, long from 97.52. I have ORL, 3D Pivot High support to lean on. Entry was supported by order flow divergence. Anticipating a new high of the day quickly otherwise, it will just be a scratch. Did not take this in the LTP account but the regular combine account.

1:12 PM: 14 minutes into the trade. There is some follow through but stalled at WORL. So protecting it now. Will hold it and either I get 97.98 or it is a scratch.

1:19 PM: Its a scratch. Had to try it. Was good for 20 ticks or so, not good enough for a new high.

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Getting good divergence at around 98.60. Price is at ADR limits. Gave it enough time to test the high once more. Attempting short in anticipation of Failed A up and pullback to WORH area. Short from 98.51.

8:54: 45 minutes in the trade. Finding it difficult to stick to the plan. I have been moving target and stop around. Finally decided to accept whatever the outcome. Target and stop back to what it should be. It is a failed A up and I will just have to stick to the plan and go for min R:R at least. Earliest target I will take is 98.06 area. Worst case, tomorrow is another day.

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

LogicalTrader View Post
Getting good divergence at around 98.60. Price is at ADR limits. Gave it enough time to test the high once more. Attempting short in anticipation of Failed A up and pullback to WORH area. Short from 98.51.

8:54: 45 minutes in the trade. Finding it difficult to stick to the plan. I have been moving target and stop around. Finally decided to accept whatever the outcome. Target and stop back to what it should be. It is a failed A up and I will just have to stick to the plan and go for min R:R at least. Earliest target I will take is 98.06 area. Worst case, tomorrow is another day.

We have failed A up and failed A down- these are ACD levels/set ups.

I am not sure what do you mean by " Not really ACD levels" ?

It's very typical of CL to rotate and your short is right on the MONEY. Whether it gives 40 ticks etc. and how long

it takes- we never know but ORL area is a good target identified by you.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

To remind myself why it is important to stick to the plan, I want to post this. CL will pullback 20-30 ticks but as long as the premise of the trade is not broken, there is no reason to get out or panic. I had 31 ticks and in hindsight, 98.21 was a good exit but that didnt happen so what next? Stay in the trade per plan. The almost 30 tick pullback was really not that strong as is evident by the divergence. So the premise of the trade is still good - its a failed A down until proven wrong. Decent targets are ORL, WORH and possibly EORH which coincides with the low end of the min ADR. Hopefully Brent will cooperate a little. It has so far by having a good A down and hopefully it will go a bit more providing the push in WTI needed to break 98.20.

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

mfbreakout View Post
We have failed A up and failed A down- these are ACD levels/set ups.

I am not sure what do you mean by " Not really ACD levels" ?

It's very typical of CL to rotate and your short is right on the MONEY. Whether it gives 40 ticks etc. and how long

it takes- we never know but ORL area is a good target identified by you.

I just meant that the pivots were not nearby. The premise behind the trade was a failed A up, enough time passed and no attempt to take it higher etc. Learnt all this from you and thank you very much for all of your help.

Now, if I could only learn to hold on to the trades. Just got out at 98.20 but logically, I should be holding for ORL. But happy with 31 ticks.

Thanks for your support.

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

LogicalTrader View Post
I just meant that the pivots were not nearby. The premise behind the trade was a failed A down, enough time passed and no attempt to take it higher etc. Learnt all this from you and thank you very much for all of your help.

Now, if I could only learn to hold on to the trades. Just got out at 98.20 but logically, I should be holding for ORL. But happy with 31 ticks.

Thanks for your support.

What difference would have it made in your life if instead of getting out at 98.20 , you got out at 98 etc.

Not much. Try not to be too focused on ticks on rotational days. CL can easily bounce to 98.50 again and you will

be not feeling good.

30-40 ticks is good on rotational days.

Do 2 trades per day on 2 cars for 30 ticks. You are looking at $1200 day.

1200x14 days= $16,800. Looks pretty good to me.

Nice short and trade.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

LogicalTrader View Post

I am VERY impressed by your potential targets analysis.
Nice one. Analysis has to be right before you can trade it I guess?
Looks like you are REALLY getting this.
Thanks again for the Gomi stuff. That's helping a lot

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 1, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts