NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Logical Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one LogicalTrader with 168 posts (223 thanks)
    2. looks_two jmsUK with 14 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mfbreakout with 10 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Balanar with 9 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Balanar with 1.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 LogicalTrader with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jmsUK with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 42,100 views
    2. thumb_up 277 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 220 posts
    2. attach_file 189 attachments

Search this Thread

The Logical Trading Journal

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Thanks Given: 1,420
Thanks Received: 757

jmsUK View Post
I am VERY impressed by your potential targets analysis.
Nice one. Analysis has to be right before you can trade it I guess?
Looks like you are REALLY getting this.
Thanks again for the Gomi stuff. That's helping a lot

Learnt this all from MFB and the gang at his journal.

How would I know to short at 98.50 with conviction? How much time should I wait before deciding it is enough and they havent moved it up so it should go down - which is called the "No standing around allowed" rule per MFB. No book teaches all this. We are just fortunate to have a forum like futures.io (formerly BMT) and to have traders like MFB, Balanar, BTR411 (he doesnt post anymore) and others that share their thoughts. No other way to figure this out.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

Balanar 
Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NTB / Continuum
Trading: FDAX and CL
Thanks Given: 510
Thanks Received: 1,689

Great job Logical!

When you have your personal mental strength you will catch almost every good move and take cash home.

Remember, we only trade probabilities. One trade has no value, only the sum of them. Some traders like to look at their results at the end of the day, someone at the end of the week and someone even at the end of the month. It is up to you how you handle this.

Mark this day because it shows how time filter works on almost every setup mfbreakout, you and me traded today.

I keep following this journal and I hope that it will raise another unique successful trader.

Again, great job, keep on working hard and you will reach your goals.

I will follow your journal because I really like it.

Thanked by:
LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Balanar View Post
Great job Logical!

When you have your personal mental strength you will catch almost every good move and take cash home.

Remember, we only trade probabilities. One trade has no value, only the sum of them. Some traders like to look at their results at the end of the day, someone at the end of the week and someone even at the end of the month. It is up to you how you handle this.

Mark this day because it shows how time filter works on almost every setup mfbreakout, you and me traded today.

I keep following this journal and I hope that it will raise another unique successful trader.

Again, great job, keep on working hard and you will reach your goals.

I will follow your journal because I really like it.

I value your advice very much. Thank you for your support.

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Today's Brent context also supported the WTI trades. At and just after pit open, Brent had just made a C down and held below its OR for more than the required time and the context was short so the Failed A down in WTI made sense which I took.

Then, the logical stopping point for the move was around 97.80 which was also where the ADR limits were for WTI. Also, at the same time, Brent had hit its own ADR limits which supported a long context in the WTI.

So far, it seems like Brent is a very good compliment to WTI context.

Note: The green lines show Brent OR 109.98 - 109.64.

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

LogicalTrader View Post
I still do not feel totally comfortable but cannot point out what it is. It feels I am missing something. I have all these levels and ideas in the plan but I am missing that 1 setup that I always look for. I cannot figure out what my bread and butter setup is. Maybe that is what it is and I will let it come to me as time progresses.

Thanks again to MFB, I was able to reflect on things and answer my own dilemma. My bread and butter setups are as follows and I really needed some reassurance which I received today. Seems like a DUH thing but it had gotten overwhelming for me. Now it seems simple.
  • Failed A/C up/down. If I let the context guide me, it is fairly easy to identify this as I was able to yesterday and again today. Time filter is the most important "indicator" when it comes to taking failed A's or C's.
  • Good A/C up/down. Again time filter is important. Once good As or Cs are confirmed, wait for pullback to logical areas before initiating a trade in the direction of the A or C. Other context confirmations need to be there as identified in the trading plan. Like today, it was technically an A down but that does not mean I go short because the context supported shorts right after pit open but not after the A down was confirmed and most of us knew where the down move would most probably die and possibly reverse.
For now, I take comfort in knowing this is what I will look for coming into a day.

Got to remember tomorrow morning about the inventory report and that the OR forms later. Have messed up twice in the past

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Thought too much and missed the failed A up today. Everything lined up, including Brent but I got stuck on the pivots. Almost entered at 98.33. Target would have been WORH.

EDIT: Just got to WORH at 97.90. Would have been a 43 tick trade. No use crying over it. I will get it next time.

jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

LogicalTrader View Post
Thought too much and missed the failed A up today. Everything lined up, including Brent but I got stuck on the pivots. Almost entered at 98.33. Target would have been WORH.

If one had ignored the delayed OR and traded as if OR formed at usual time, the outside bar on 5min was a good trigger, which I didn't do as I was waiting till end of extended OR! Lesson there

Thanked by:
 jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

If you get a second, could you remind me OR times for EIA stox day
TIA

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

jmsUK View Post
If you get a second, could you remind me OR times for EIA stox day
TIA

7:30 to 9:45 AM central. I think you can tell 4-5 minutes after the report what the ORH-ORL could be mostly.

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

The Failed A up went through the pivot, which is a pretty strong move and establishes a strong short bias. I am short on the pullback from 97.98. Holding for WORL or ADR limits.

Just exited at 97.66 exactly. Done for the day.

Last Updated on February 1, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts