NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Logical Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one LogicalTrader with 168 posts (223 thanks)
    2. looks_two jmsUK with 14 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mfbreakout with 10 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Balanar with 9 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Balanar with 1.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mfbreakout with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 LogicalTrader with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jmsUK with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 42,263 views
    2. thumb_up 277 thanks given
    3. group 30 followers
    1. forum 220 posts
    2. attach_file 189 attachments

Search this Thread

The Logical Trading Journal

Balanar 
Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NTB / Continuum
Trading: FDAX and CL
Thanks Given: 510
Thanks Received: 1,689

LogicalTrader View Post

Placed the order at 93.78, as it was about to be filled, I cancelled it for reasons I cannot explain.

Sry to say that, but I know the reason and to be honest, you know the reason as well.

I call it FEAR and if you do not start to stick to your plan, your fear will grow more and more.

You give a single trade too much value. Who cares about one trade? The sum is much more important.

The only way to learn it is sticking to your plan and trade it!

Happy trading.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
14 thanks
LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Thanks Given: 1,420
Thanks Received: 757

Balanar View Post
Sry to say that, but I know the reason and to be honest, you know the reason as well.

I call it FEAR and if you do not start to stick to your plan, your fear will grow more and more.

Happy trading.

Thanks. I wont let it grow. I understand what you are saying.

jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

LogicalTrader View Post
Placed the order at 93.78, as it was about to be filled, I cancelled it for reasons I cannot explain.

Thanks for this insight into this methodology. It is very illuminating, though my method is different and I need NOT to slip between 2 stools.
I commiserate with you missing that trade. I was eyeing it too but switched attention to NQ and missed them both! Lesson there.
Did you notice the 5 wave move down during the London session of almost equal amounts (it just spilled into US RTH)? Might it have helped? Check out the 15 min. W1 35t, W3 40t and W5 42t and US couldn't take it lower.

Keep going. You are doing great.

Thanked by:
LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

jmsUK View Post
Did you notice the 5 wave move down during the London session of almost equal amounts (it just spilled into US RTH)? Might it have helped?

I wasnt counting the waves but I noticed the pullback to Euro OR low and the formation of a Euro A' down. This actually got me confused because now it was an A down but it was still above the daily pivot. I was unprepared for this so couldnt gather enough conviction to take the trade. Obviously, I know what to do the next time this happens

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

LogicalTrader View Post
Monthly pivot range for Dec has been established:
MP High: 93.65
MP Low: 93.32

A close above 93.65 or below 93.32 is significant tomorrow and I will be watching this range and how price reacts here. First/Second day of the month has set the tone for the rest of the month on several occasions in 2013

I dont think I will ever forget this day. What an experience! I dont care that I missed the trade. Whats more important is that the hypothesis has been correct for several days now although I have only been posting it since yesterday.

And its not just one thing. ACD has so many setups/variables that come into play differently each day. To be able to see them beforehand requires a lot of practice and that is why I coded most of them so I dont have to think too much. Over time, I will know which ones are most common etc. and when to look for which setup. Like today was the second trading day of the month which is the first trading day of the month after the monthly pivot is determined and it did today what it has done in the past 2 years on 75-80% of the occasions. I wouldnt be surprised if 93.67 remains the low of the month for several days now if not for the whole month

I am starting to deviate from the plan now. Took a short for a scalp. It was high probability etc etc but its a deviation from the plan so no more trades today. Got some more programming to do.

Great day for ACD today!

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Another ACD concept for long term traders is to trade long term pivots like the 3 day pivot which I track, weekly pivot or a 2 week pivot and also the Monthly pivot.

If my understanding is correct then based on the chart I posted yesterday, many long term traders who are short since October or even September, should be getting out if we see 96.16 and above which was the November MP High.

If that happens, we could see another surge upwards because that would be uber bullish. Currently, price has stopped 1 tick below the November high.

mfbreakout 
BOSTON, MA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, TOS
Trading: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 3,478
Thanks Received: 15,818

LogicalTrader View Post
I wasnt counting the waves but I noticed the pullback to Euro OR low and the formation of a Euro A' down. This actually got me confused because now it was an A down but it was still above the daily pivot. I was unprepared for this so couldnt gather enough conviction to take the trade. Obviously, I know what to do the next time this happens

You have to be careful using WTI as a proxy for Euro OR. Mark Fisher clearly emphasized in his book one has to track

an instrument where it is domiciled. For Euro Brent is the precursor of WTI moves if one wants to use that strategy. Nothing wrong in testing both Brent and WTI but i was using that strategy my bet will be on Brent.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

mfbreakout View Post
You have to be careful using WTI as a proxy for Euro OR. Mark Fisher clearly emphasized in his book one has to track

an instrument where it is domiciled. For Euro Brent is the precursor of WTI moves if one wants to use that strategy. Nothing wrong in testing both Brent and WTI but i was using that strategy my bet will be on Brent.

Thanks MFB. I am already doing that since you last pointed me in this direction. I have been working with a delayed feed for brent which is not working. I am going to get the realtime feed so that I can analyze this better.

Thanks for the support.

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

LogicalTrader View Post
Another ACD concept for long term traders is to trade long term pivots like the 3 day pivot which I track, weekly pivot or a 2 week pivot and also the Monthly pivot.

If my understanding is correct then based on the chart I posted yesterday, many long term traders who are short since October or even September, should be getting out if we see 96.16 and above which was the November MP High.

If that happens, we could see another surge upwards because that would be uber bullish. Currently, price has stopped 1 tick below the November high.

Well, if today does not make one a believer of ACD, I dont know what does.

LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Still have a lot of work to do regarding my psyche. Have noted several points to ponder when tweaking plan this weekend:
  • What to do when minimum R:R has not been achieved and order flow strongly suggests (both algos against trade) getting out? Happened with both losing trades and the BE trade today. More importantly, did not happen with the winning trade and the "would have been" winning trade.
  • Consider not moving stop at all - be it a scalp or a trend trade so that there is no confusion.

I saw the context right today also. I think I am doing a good job with the context. I was short biased in the morning. Then, as ADR and time of day approached and saw the lack of energy in the downward pushes, I obtained a rotational bias and attempted longs. Execution is still killing me but I am very close so got to keep up the effort.

Todays trades:

Edit: Just realized that I forgot to modify the US OR time today. This totally changes things. 2nd time I have done this.

Edit: US ORL is 96.54. Even if I knew it at the time, there would be double conviction behind the longs later on in the session due to a failed A down with ADR in favor. I would probably not have taken the 2nd short in the morning thinking the US ORL was 96.87. It is what it is. Learn and grow.

Last Updated on February 1, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts