NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FredDecker's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FredDecjer with 46 posts (65 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 7 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Sayounara with 4 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 George with 2 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one George with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Sayounara with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 FredDecjer with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,535 views
    2. thumb_up 95 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 66 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

FredDecker's Trading Journal

FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 65

Thank you Cashish for your generous and encouraging message! I definitely appreciate the positive atmosphere at Big Mike's!

Trades: 1

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goal: My opportunity for today is the Opening Range Trade in Crude Oil. My goal is to be deliberate in executing one action at a time in accordance with my planned procedure and checklist -- and accepting my outcome while judging only my actions (the factor I can control).

Best & Worst: My best trade was trusting my plan and accepting risk today despite feeling risk adverse at the end of the day yesterday. Today's outcome was a small loss, but I gave myself a chance to profit without compromising my positive week.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goals: The USDA Crop Production Report comes out at 11:00 a. m. CST. This is a release I trade. In taking this trade I want to remember that no outcome is guaranteed. I can only take correct actions according to my plan and judge my performance accordingly.

Best & Worst: I executed my trade according to my plan and was rewarded with a small profit despite being on the wrong side of the market.

FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goals: I'm looking for the EIA Petroleum Status Report trade today, as well as planning how to wind down the remainder of the year's opportunity.

Best & Worst: My best trade was allowing myself 15 minutes after my ladder was setup and before I executed my trade to be quiet and still and calm my anxieties.

What Did I Learn Today? One portion of my trading plan which has proven repeatedly valuable is the idea, "If I don't feel confident for any reason I will be happy not taking the trade."

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goals: On 12-3-2013 I wrote in my long-hand trading journal, "Trading is a simple task. Don't complicate it with excessive thinking. Just perform each task as appropriate according to the plan." This idea served as my goal for today.

Best & Worst: My trade was simple to execute, but difficult emotionally -- difficult to be patient through slow holiday markets for Christmas and New Year's, and difficult to re-enter the flow of trading. My best trade was taking correct actions any way.

What Did I Learn Today? A conversation with fellow traders yielded an idea I want to back test: the overnight price action in CL may be predictive of price action at the pit session open and help me determine which days might favor the Opening Range Trade in Crude Oil.

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goals: I plan to trade the EIA Petroleum Status Report. If I make enough money, I will try to exploit my advantage by trading the Opening Range Trade at tomorrow's Crude Oil pit session open. If I lose today, I will not trade tomorrow so as to limit my losses for the week.

What Did I Learn Today? I discovered through an execution mistake that the "pull all orders and flatten all positions" button and the "pull all resting orders" button are located in different places on my live version of the T 4 platform compared to the simulator version of T 4.

Best & Worst: I am disappointed I didn't profit more from today's trade, but in view of my execution mistake I feel fortunate to have "lived to trade another day".

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goals: Today is the EIA Petroleum Status Report trade. I've thought and written in my trading journal about this trade and I am clear in my mind how I want to approach it. My goal for today is to execute my plan without second - guessing or deviating.

Best & Worst: My best trade today was taking the difficult -- but correct -- step of surrendering funded account privileges in favor of the TopstepTrader Redevelopment Combine. I am disappointed, but trading is a process and taking correct actions will move me forward faster in the long run than trying to deny reality.

Eric B
Fort Worth, Texas

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 15

so in a nutshell, what happened w/ the live account in the last few weeks?

p.s. If you pm bigmike, he'll change your username to its correct spelling. Free of charge, too!

Last Updated on February 15, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts