NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FredDecker's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FredDecjer with 46 posts (65 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 7 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Sayounara with 4 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 George with 2 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one George with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Sayounara with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 FredDecjer with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,628 views
    2. thumb_up 95 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 66 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

FredDecker's Trading Journal

FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 65

Trades: 1

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goal: Today I plan to develop a monitoring system to assure the highest probability trades for the remainder of my Combine (identified in my trading plan before the Combine began), while meeting the minimum Combine requirements of 20 days traded.

Best & Worst: I followed through with my plan to develop a system to control and monitor my remaining trades for this Combine. Completing this exercise encouraged confidence and emphasized the importance of process over individual trade outcomes -- an issue I have been struggling with.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goal: I felt the pressures of life pulling me in different directions lately -- trader, husband, father, etc. My trading intentions are good, but as the old saying goes, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions..." My goal is to stay off the road to Hell by trading according to my plan.

Best & Worst: I overcame the confusion of multiple obligations to execute my trade correctly. I need to remind myself any time I am challenged to act with clarity and confidence, no trade is a good trade under compromised conditions.

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goals: Before the start of my current Combine I added a new trade setup to my trading plan -- one which I will take today. I have only been trading this setup a short time and my confidence level has not had time to build up yet. My goal for today is to make limiting risk my top priority.

Best & Worst: My best trade today was reminding myself to be relaxed and methodical in executing my trade -- and to accept missing the trade as a good trade if not properly prepared.

What Did I Learn Today? I am impatient to be the experienced, consistently profitable trader I want to be. I need to accept learning what I can each day and trust in persistence to yield progress.

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Trades: 0

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goal: I've finished trading for the week due to options expiration. I will take trades in my practice account, document my results, and update my weekly performance results to determine whether sitting out during options expiration next month is still in my best interests.

Best & Worst: Following the plan today meant staying out of the markets. I traded in my practice account to accumulate trade outcome data and monitor the results of my plan.

What Did I Learn Today? Dsperry, a trading colleague shared an idea which speaks to my trading style. "A guy told me something I still think about often, 'enter a trade that you can walk away from.' If you believe in the idea and have done what you should do, then you won't care if it stops out."

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goal: The economic calendar is light this week for my trading plan -- especially the first two days. I have one trade which might set up this morning. My goal is to accept opportunity if it arises, but limit risk so I don't dig myself a hole before my first big opportunity of the week -- which comes on Wednesday.

Best & Worst: After my trade this morning I updated my hand-written trading journal, my Electronic Daily Trading Journal, my Electronic Weekly Trading Journal, my Strategy Equity Curve Worksheet, my Trade Outcomes By Strategy Worksheet, and my Trade Controls Worksheet. I also maintain and refer to my trading plan regularly. I feel like I have excellent controls.

What Did I Learn Today? My Combine is at the half-way point today -- I have traded 10 days out of 20. I am comfortable with my progress to this point, but I shouldn't take anything for granted. I need to be diligent in executing my plan and persistent in developing and improving my strategies.

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Trades: 0

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goal: Today is a practice account day for me. My goal is to execute my trades with the same care and attention as if it were a regular Combine trade -- so I can keep my execution skills sharp and accumulate reliable data on my strategy.

Best & Worst: I executed my trade correctly. Today the serial correlation aspect of my trading kept me out of a losing trade. I wonder if I have cause to feel more confident in my strategy. I have been trading it for awhile and grown more comfortable with my execution and accumulated trade data.

FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goals: Last night I was preparing for today's trading session I noticed the U. S. Government Time Widget I normally use was unavailable due to the government shutdown. I downloaded an alternate time source and checked the EIA web site to see if the Petroleum Status Report would be coming out as scheduled. I saw no notice of any change, so my Goal for today is to take the trade according to plan.

Best & Worst: I felt I adapted well to unexpected developments, and I hope I can continue to do so as the government shut down plays out -- including not taking planned trades if my execution is compromised.

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

The federal government shutdown began on October 1, 2013. I planned to trade government economic reports, which have stopped coming out. Rather than entering "no trade" day after day, I have decided to update this journal only when I have taken a trade.

Daily Trading Goals: I've been monitoring developments as a result of the government shutdown and making appropriate changes to my trading plan -- including my latest change which I made Friday. The weekend gave me time to reflect. My goal for today is to carry my idea out.

Best & Worst: I followed through on my Daily Trading Goal. It was a small step forward on my long journey to becoming the consistently profitable trader I want to be.

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goal: I have a trade set up prepared. If I can't execute my strategy with clarity and confidence, then I want to be happy not taking the trade. This is options expiration week and my plan calls for me to stay out from Wednesday to Friday. If today's outcome is a loss, then I want to be happy I followed my plan -- not over eager to get my money back the rest of the week.

Best & Worst: When things go well for me I want to push harder and exploit my advantage. My best trade today was realizing my desire to be more aggressive is an emotional reaction. I am better served by being deliberate and adhering to my planned actions.

What Did I Learn Today? I can't control my trade outcomes, but I can choose to view each trade as a small group of trade execution actions (which I can control) within a larger group of strategic trading actions (which I can also control), and know my fate doesn't rest on the whims of chance.

Thanked by:
FredDecjer
Chicago, IL, USA

Trades: 2

Plan Followed? Yes

Daily Trading Goal: On Friday I laid out my trading plan for Monday and gave myself the weekend to think over what I intended to do. Sunday afternoon I checked in with myself using my long hand Trading Journal and confirmed my plan. My goal for today is to carry out the actions I planned.

Best & Worst: Both my trades lost money today -- which is never fun -- but I am pleased to have carried out today's plan. My best trade was formulating a plan for tomorrow, so I won't need to make strategic decisions during the trading session.

What Did I Learn Today? No trade outcome -- and no Combine outcome -- is ever assured until it is completed. Believing otherwise is an invitation to disappointment. I am better served to focus on intelligent persistence.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 15, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts