NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

trader000's Topstep Trader Combine Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one trader000 with 51 posts (34 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 LogicalTrader with 3 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 LogicalTrader with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 trader000 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,201 views
    2. thumb_up 54 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 71 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

trader000's Topstep Trader Combine Journal

atata 
Calgary, AB

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, IB, TOS, MC
Broker: IB, Rithmic
Trading: CL, ES, GC, ZS, ZB
Thanks Given: 90
Thanks Received: 99

I've read a silver story on limit up. Forgive me, I am really bad when it comes to names, pretty good with numbers but names... /I wonder if it was Jack Schwager.../ anywho the author has bought some silver contracts when SI was ~8 or so as an advise from his broker. This was at the beginning of his career with not much knowledge of the markets. Nothing happened for months other than taking some heat therefore he has closed his position. Shortly after si started to limit up for days... meaning nobody was selling... since nobody was selling. Everyday silver market opened and went to limit up with no trade at all, so shorts got just slaughtered and longs were just laughing to bank... so when you short a limit up or down you have to think that could go on for a few days, without having a chance to get out at all. What is the likeliness or probability such thing to happen? well probably next to nothing but it did happen in the past.
I have to admit I did trade the limit up on ZS, I went short and got out very quickly making a few ticks after the first limit up. My logic was we had still ~3 hours trading and the big guys want to get in with more contracts so they will try to manipulate the corresponding market such as ZC to get a price drop which will "force" ZS to come off limit for a few points before going back to limit. My logic has worked however it is a risky stuff and they are higher probability trades out there. You may rather want to try buy a limit up like 5 points below limit up value with a 5 points stop and than you might get another 10-20 points after hours if it works out for you. That might have higher probability however I do not have any numbers to support it one way or the other.

Hope this helps,

atata

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks
trader000
Ohio USA

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 64

8/27/2013

Storms in area knocked my internet out. I love TimeWarner until something happens - weather or 'upgrades' - and then I get nervous. No trades today.

trader000
Ohio USA

8/28/2013

+$165.00
Balance: $49,855

Caught some on the T4 dom today, should be back at $50k hopefully tomorrow.
Beans were tight most of the day for my method at least, so I'll take the profit and move on.

trader000
Ohio USA

8/29/2013

+$30
Balance: $49,885

Very poor execution on my part today. This p-l should be considerably different but suffice to say the beans shook me out of 2 very nice trades in hindsight. I got jumpy on the T4 dom and literally exited 2 different trades seconds before taking off in my direction. No reason to exit other than trading like a rookie.

trader000
Ohio USA

8/30/2013
+$290

Balance: $50,175

Caught the break to the downside w/ 2 contracts. Really liked the look of it and almost put another 1-2 contracts on. In hindsight, would have been a good idea. A week of woulda, coulda, shoulda -- esp on Thursday. That day bugs me, but it's done and move on from it... and hopefully learn from it.

trader000
Ohio USA

9/3/2013

No trades.

I need to get over my fear that I missed the boat when trades on the combine T4 do not fill near the open. If I miss a few trades, I feel like I missed the move and shouldn't bother the rest of the day. And more often than not, that is a bad idea. Soybeans provide plenty of volatility most of the time and missing a trade or two is not the end of the world. It's frustrating if something doesn't fill, but not a reason to shut down and not trade. Definitely something I need to work on, as that has been an issue for me since I can remember. If I get into my grove early, I can keep going. If I miss trade(s) early, I go into shutdown mode and that is not necessary.

Here's my current combine stats:

Thanked by:
trader000
Ohio USA

9/4/2013

+$7.50
Balance: $50,182.50

Got short in the combine platform later than I wanted and then had brilliant idea to trail my stop. Market hit it and then continued down move. Not sure why I trailed this, I know trailing is no good in the long run but wanted to 'protect' the trade since I got in 'late'.

trader000
Ohio USA

9/5/2013

+$290
Balance: $50,472.50

Better execution today. Should still be trading this and up much more, but will take the profit and move on.

trader000
Ohio USA

9/6/2013

No trades. Wasn't in the game mentally today.
Have a good weekend.

Combine stats as of 9/5/2013:

Thanked by:
trader000
Ohio USA

I got an email from TST that I am not meeting the word requirement and not including images for each day I traded. I did find the email that says 200 words, which is quite a bit when just posting about your day. I guess I can just ramble in order to meet the word requirement by saying anything that might use more words and create more run-on sentences, but that seems unproductive and is just using space in order to have more words in your posts to meet a random 200 word goal.

As for images, are my T4 images not showing in this thread? I am also posting the stats off the TST page, so I'm not sure what else is needed from me. Maybe someone on the forum will have an idea what other images I am supposed to be posting.

I replied back, but don't expect a reply till Monday. If I'm not going to get the full 70% discount, I will discontinue posting. This is an added step in my daily process and I thought my journal was going well and acceptable. I see now my words per post are lower than the 200 mandate, but I am also posting on days when I don't trade (which is not required) so maybe I will just wait to post on days that I don't trade and combine those w/ days that I do trade to meet the word requirement. Then I can game the system, just as traders were doing w/ the TST TIT requirement. That link goes to a post that not only includes a TST image, was purely informational, not a requirement and promoting TST all in one... but I doubt that post counts to any word mandates.

I guess I'll see what TST says back, but no discount = no more journaling for me.

Wait, should I have held onto this post for a day when I placed a trade to boost my word count?

Last Updated on October 11, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts