NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

trader000's Topstep Trader Combine Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one trader000 with 51 posts (34 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 LogicalTrader with 3 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 LogicalTrader with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 trader000 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,256 views
    2. thumb_up 54 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 71 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

trader000's Topstep Trader Combine Journal

trader000
Ohio USA

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 64

kevinkdog View Post
If nothing else, you are showing that patience is key. Many people start a Combine (or open an account) and think they have to start trading immediately.

Good Luck!

Where in Ohio are you? I'm in Cleveland.

Thanks. Part of my issue is getting trades on my broker's dom and then over to TST. By that time, beans usually not sitting there waiting for me to enter before making the move.

I'm in NE Ohio as well.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,360

trader000 View Post
Thanks. Part of my issue is getting trades on my broker's dom and then over to TST. By that time, beans usually not sitting there waiting for me to enter before making the move.

I'm in NE Ohio as well.

Are you using market orders? Maybe switching to more limit or stop orders will help, especially if they are not close to current market.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
trader000
Ohio USA

kevinkdog View Post
Are you using market orders? Maybe switching to more limit or stop orders will help, especially if they are not close to current market.

Hi Kevin - I enter in a 'reactive' state - meaning I need bar closes before orders are placed. I am not entering at support/resistance levels that could be placed on the DOM in advance. Every 60 seconds I have a possible decision to make and then I place the order on my broker's DOM and then T4. And since beans wait for no man, just couldn't get over to the T4 quick enough.

But will start fresh Monday and try to get orders over there quicker.

Thanked by:
trader000
Ohio USA

8/16/2013
No trades on T4. And that's a wrap.

It helps that the combine does not force you to trade any day the market is open, so I got a cushion still in terms of time. I do have to watch this though b/c on the last combine I backed myself into a corner and was forced to go max contracts the last 2 days. That plan did not work out so well.

Have a good weekend.

trader000
Ohio USA

8/19/2013
Beans continue to be a great daytrading market.
Working multiple platforms not the easiest thing, but I'll get it figured out. No filled trades on T4 today.

trader000
Ohio USA

8/20/2013
-$310
$49,690

Well somehow I managed to get filled on a day where beans were just not agreeing with me. I thought I was in for 1 contract, but it was 2 so need to watch that closer. Back at it tomorrow.

alphagad 
Greece

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart, TWS
Broker: IB
Trading: EURUSD
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

trader000 View Post
I will be starting next week, probably Monday. Looking forward to it and the extra 70% off incentive helps.

Hi, good luck to you. Can you point me to where this 70% off is mentioned? Cant find it. Thanks a lot.

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,360

alphagad View Post
Hi, good luck to you. Can you point me to where this 70% off is mentioned? Cant find it. Thanks a lot.

I got it via e-mail...

Join a Combine. Journal your trading days. Submit to a forum.
GET 70% OFF THE NEXT COMBINE OF YOUR CHOICE.

Our goal at TopstepTrader is for you to develop into a consistent, disciplined trader and earn a funded account. When you journal your daily trading, your streaming consciousness, and what you did right and wrong, you're creating an invaluable record for yourself. And when a community can share those journals - it brings a global group of traders together for easy strategy sharing, discussion, personal development and more.

So here's the deal - to encourage daily tracking, we want you to journal a Combine. We are going to do this on a rolling basis, so we're limiting the initial phase to the first 20 traders with approved forum links. If you're interested in tracking your trading on a forum, please email [email protected] to ask for details. Please put "70% Combine Journal Discount" in the subject line.

So what happens if you pass your journaled Combine or earn a rollover? Great! In that case, we'll credit you 70% back of the Combine that you purchased and journaled.

"Public journaling is a great tool in not only developing the trader but the entire trading community." - Michael Patak, CEO

Please call us at 312.252.*9490 or email us at [email protected] with any questions. And as always, trade well.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
trader000
Ohio USA

8/21/2013

Beans were stuck in mud for a while today, no trades for me.

trader000
Ohio USA

8/22/2013

Had to call it early today, no trades in combine. This was a decent day that I should have gotten some fills on if I was paying attention better. Was preoccupied and then tuned into the TST squawk to learn about new combine rules.

Last Updated on October 11, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts