NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

trader000's Topstep Trader Combine Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one trader000 with 51 posts (34 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 LogicalTrader with 3 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 LogicalTrader with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 trader000 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,119 views
    2. thumb_up 54 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 71 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

trader000's Topstep Trader Combine Journal

trader000
Ohio USA

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 64

DATE: 10/11/2013
P-L: +$22.50
BALANCE: $50,665.00

DAY NOTES: FINAL DAY OF COMBINE.

Today’s goal was simple – get a profitable trade, take a few 1 tick losses. That would give me a profitable day (combine metric) + lower my time in trade (TIT) of my losing trades. While I accomplished this, I did get too cute for my own good in trying to lower my TIT. I decided to try to find the low in beans for my TIT lowering goal. Well, I got in the trade and in the blink of an eye, I lost 1 point on the trade and I only intended to lose 1 tick! I was quickly and abruptly reminded why I stopped trying to time lows and highs of the day. And also why I love trading breakouts on soybeans. For some reason, I wanted to play the low of the day and was promptly incorrect but took 4x the size of the loss I wanted on that trade as I had planned to take 2-3 more TIT lowering trades. At this point I just shut it down to make sure the day ended in profit and 2 quick, losing trades.

Overall the combine was decent but I clearly fell short too many days in executing the system. It’s very easy to say in hindsight, but I should have been able to pass all the combine requirements, including profit factor. But, that’s on me and only me. Soybeans and my trading methodology provided plenty of opportunities.

This journaling experience was great. I found it valuable to get my thoughts on paper and to be accountable in a public place. IMO TST should extend this indefinitely because the long-term impact can only improve traders. If the goal is to get people funded, a journaling discount incentive is 1 way to get there because it forces stubborn people like myself to really think about their trading day.

P-L from today:

TST stats, before today:

Note:
TST website shows my combine completed (before today's data is present) and my combine goes till 10/11. It says completed October 11th (today). So I'm not sure if their system is still out of whack due to the combine rule changes, but my combine was scheduled to end Oct 11th and I should have all metrics met for a rollover.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
trader000
Ohio USA

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 64

FINAL COMBINE TST STATS.
Got email that I qualified for rollover.

Last Updated on October 11, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts