NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

A Super Simple Scalping Method w/ more setups then you can shake a stick at

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one futurestar with 8 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kronie with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Jigsaw Trading with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kronie with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two futurestar with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 7,548 views
    2. thumb_up 13 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 14 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

A Super Simple Scalping Method w/ more setups then you can shake a stick at

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

most scalpers have to pre-anticipate the turn, in order just to land their trades in the turn, if you're experienced, then you'll understand the wisdom of that statement, without being convinced.

simulated trading is a fools errand in comparison to live trading where there's no reset, no replay, no retry, no mulligans, no crying, no sighing that you didn't get more than you did...

often times, TA are described (the tools) as lagging, and they are. anytime you wait on "bar close" to do something, well, there you have it.

often times, TA averages and bands are doubly delayed or lagging, as they smooth out averages of raw data. so, for example channels (whether donchian or keltner bells or otherwise) will show a perfect bottom, indicative of either a retrace or rebound, and on the typical scalpers model, it indicates time for action, when you close an active position and initiate another position in the direction of the anticipated trend..

scalpers loose more than they make, even when doing size of 2 contracts or more, or whether they use minimum gain on first and runner on second. the stop losses add up faster, from over trading...

so, the valid question of what tools you're using, needs to be followed up with a few more questions

one technique that I found very effective is using the advanced features of the dome and simply clicking on "rev on close". you might be surprised what that does for your profitability and success... as always, sim101 first!....

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
futurestar
Charlotte, NC

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 9

DionysusToast View Post
Where do these tools come from? Just standard tools with particular settings?

That is correct Dionysustoast. These are just standard tools with a particular settings

futurestar
Charlotte, NC

kronie View Post
most scalpers have to pre-anticipate the turn, in order just to land their trades in the turn, if you're experienced, then you'll understand the wisdom of that statement, without being convinced.

simulated trading is a fools errand in comparison to live trading where there's no reset, no replay, no retry, no mulligans, no crying, no sighing that you didn't get more than you did...

often times, TA are described (the tools) as lagging, and they are. anytime you wait on "bar close" to do something, well, there you have it.

often times, TA averages and bands are doubly delayed or lagging, as they smooth out averages of raw data. so, for example channels (whether donchian or keltner bells or otherwise) will show a perfect bottom, indicative of either a retrace or rebound, and on the typical scalpers model, it indicates time for action, when you close an active position and initiate another position in the direction of the anticipated trend..

scalpers loose more than they make, even when doing size of 2 contracts or more, or whether they use minimum gain on first and runner on second. the stop losses add up faster, from over trading...

so, the valid question of what tools you're using, needs to be followed up with a few more questions

one technique that I found very effective is using the advanced features of the dome and simply clicking on "rev on close". you might be surprised what that does for your profitability and success... as always, sim101 first!....

Kronie,
You are correct about anticipating turns, however I'm not so much worried about getting the turn right at the top, but I'm more so worried about recognizing that market has turned and there is enough room for me to execute a trade. I think you will see what I'm referring to when I post my trades.

You are also correct about candles being lagging indicators, especially if you have to wait for a candle to close. However, I'm not good enough to just trade with just a DOM. What's a guy to do? I've pretty done away with all other indicators. With that said I'm still able to bag .5 ticks or better with this trading style.

Hopefully you will find this thread worth your time.

kronie 
NYC + NY / USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: "I trade, therefore, I AM!"; Theme Song: "Atomic Dog!"
Trading: EMD, 6J, ZB

futurestar View Post
Kronie,
You are correct about anticipating turns, however I'm not so much worried about getting the turn right at the top, but I'm more so worried about recognizing that market has turned and there is enough room for me to execute a trade. I think you will see what I'm referring to when I post my trades.

You are also correct about candles being lagging indicators, especially if you have to wait for a candle to close. However, I'm not good enough to just trade with just a DOM. What's a guy to do? I've pretty done away with all other indicators. With that said I'm still able to bag .5 ticks or better with this trading style.

Hopefully you will find this thread worth your time.

it is, hence the bump to push improvement, and the push to help with the understanding or increased insight.

try this, and see what your ability to remember prices are, you'll be surprised with your natural talent

always place T&S next to the Dome, and watch natural price action without indicators, then

open the properties on the T&S and color the selling red background highlight, and buying green or similar and watch the waves of color flush through, then you'll notice another facet of the equation

now glance at your chart, however, have same chart using a 1 bar uni-renko (download from nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) elite) and see what you notice about stopping and starting or continuing or reversing

wonder if that will make sense....
those tools combined with the above approach just might make a significant difference

take look at that commentary also

futurestar
Charlotte, NC

Last Updated on August 8, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts