NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Astrology - Cycles in trading based on planets

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tradermark with 28 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two trade618 with 17 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Richard with 12 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 10 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Richard with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gio5959 with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 102,963 views
    2. thumb_up 134 thanks given
    3. group 48 followers
    1. forum 196 posts
    2. attach_file 21 attachments

Search this Thread

Astrology - Cycles in trading based on planets

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,012

trade618 View Post
I have a trading account but I have yet to take a trade.

Following on from the 29 bar cycle, and before the 60 bar cycle I sent earlier, there is this 37 bar cycle. I have no explanation for this, just observation.

You will find many such a things, its just that you need to be sure "if its going to do the same thing this time again" and be able to trade it.

That's the only key thing there. So I suggest first trying this out on sim trading before jumping on real one.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
trade618
brisbane qld australia

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 3

LastDino View Post
You will find many such a things, its just that you need to be sure "if its going to do the same thing this time again" and be able to trade it.

That's the only key thing there. So I suggest first trying this out on sim trading before jumping on real one.

Hi, here is a time & price 50% from an hour or so ago I just saw on ES. More of these please :-)

Thanked by:
Shaban
Turin + Italy

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 129

At another Site, they pointed out this textbook that covers Financial Astrology, Planetary Cycles, Bradley barometer, etc....
https://app.box.com:443/s/k8wmgc9bmtx736r9r20ti72owwband2l

this is the Bradley barometer of 2021...who knows if it will go like this....

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/yddZskJm/Bradley-2021.jpg[/img]

Thanked by:
trade618
brisbane qld australia

Is that a trend forecast for the ES contract?

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 57,437
Thanks Received: 26,276

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade or mock someone for a trading idea that seems unlikely to me, so that isn't what I am doing.

But has anyone traded this kind of pattern with real money in live trading over a period of time?

A very long time ago I dipped into many cycle ideas, including some that seemed pretty unlikely to me. My attitude was I'll try anything no matter what I may believe about it, if it works. (PS: they didn't work. ) I didn't actually trade live money either, I hope for obvious reasons. (I did with some other cycle things that were not so unusual... they didn't work either.)

But there are an infinite number of ideas that someone can come up with and justify with selective hindsight, and put levels and lines on a chart and decide that it works. That's a drawback of this kind of thing, you can make it fit a past chart, but does it help when you put on a trade, a real one?

Just adding in my skepticism, not trying to tell anyone they're wrong. But be careful, that's all.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:
trade618
brisbane qld australia

There are a few of us that have never put on a trade and have never succeeded even in demo sim trading etc. Well, maybe i am the only one...anyway

Bobwest, maybe you are an advanced trader. Maybe trading and making serious money. With the kind of success as trader I may want to have.

Though I love looking at Planetary Lines, and counting rhythmic cycles of time, you are right. I have never made a cent from trading.

Lately people have been telling me that, actually, it's all about risk management, and reward (profit) management.

Hopefully by the end of all this it will be easy to tell my kids how to do it, I mean actually show them how to trade. I'd like it to be that simple. Some say it is.

What does work for you Bobwest, and do you want to share it? Would it make any difference to your edge if you told me?

I am intrigued, amazed and open minded about the ideas that this thread may open and reveal to me. But at then end of the day (actually at the open of the market) I am looking for enough conviction in a trade that I am willing to risk x amount of dollars for the opportunity to make a lot more than my initial risk.

Anyway, not sure what this has got to do with Astrology and time cycles based on planets. But if you want to see any of that then I can share a few of my hindsight observations too.

This happened on the 6th May 2021

trade618
brisbane qld australia

However, forecasting in advance that ES price will trine US natal Mars after transiting Moon squares US natal Mars, well that would be worth writing a post about. Or would I not say a thing, and just trade it!

My mantra is hindsight to insight to foresight.

Who cares about about what someone else says has happened or is going to happen or even might happen. I am working on convincing myself that something actually works.

Any ideas? :-)

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 57,437
Thanks Received: 26,276

trade618 View Post
Lately people have been telling me that, actually, it's all about risk management, and reward (profit) management.
What does work for you Bobwest, and do you want to share it? Would it make any difference to your edge if you told me?

I'm afraid that I believe that trading is extremely individual, and that something that works well for one trader probably will not work for another. This is a sad thing, but it seems to be true, which means that communicating "how to" trade is not going to be successful.

I would say that the essentials are screen time, trading and loss control (risk and position management.) You have to be in it, basically, and try things and refine them, and keep your head above water as much as you can. You can be trading sim if you need to, but you need to be trading, not watching. Engagement makes a difference. When or if you can trade live it will be better, even if in the micros for one contract at a time, with serious control of losses.

I have no other useful words of wisdom, if these qualify for that. You might try a trading journal here to record your actions and let you objectively examine them. Your choice on that, obviously. Some traders prefer not to.

trade618 View Post
Who cares about about what someone else says has happened or is going to happen or even might happen. I am working on convincing myself that something actually works.

Agreed. You need to be on your own path, not anyone else's.

Good luck.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,012

trade618 View Post
Would it make any difference to your edge if you told me?

Yes, and I think bobwest is trying to be nice there but one should never ask woman her age, man his salary and a trader his trading strategy unless its out for shilling (selling -oopppss-)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Shaban
Turin + Italy

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 129

In the same text, there is also the Bradley 2020 Barometer:

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/X7G09qkq/Bradley-2020.jpg[/img] condivisione foto

this the S & P 500 which had a slightly different trend:

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/nLn5ShBv/S-e-P-500.jpg[/img]

Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 7, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts