NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Astrology - Cycles in trading based on planets

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tradermark with 28 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two trade618 with 17 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Richard with 12 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 10 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Richard with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gio5959 with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 103,360 views
    2. thumb_up 134 thanks given
    3. group 48 followers
    1. forum 196 posts
    2. attach_file 21 attachments

Search this Thread

Astrology - Cycles in trading based on planets

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: NT 8, TOS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5,139
Thanks Received: 11,527

I'll say this. I know somebody who uses astrology is his trading. and he does it very successfully. sometimes it's even scary.

on the other hand, I don't know anybody who bought any kind of service from a vendor, and is consistently profitable.

of course I don't know much, but for me this is a fact.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,239
Thanks Received: 101,662

Silvester17 View Post
I'll say this. I know somebody who uses astrology is his trading. and he does it very successfully. sometimes it's even scary.

on the other hand, I don't know anybody who bought any kind of service from a vendor, and is consistently profitable.

of course I don't know much, but for me this is a fact.

I think you could use which way the wind blows and still be a successful trader.

First we know that given a large enough sample size, you could use a fair coin and toss it a large number of times and come back with a lot of 'heads' in a row. It doesn't mean you are good at flipping the coin.

Second, I believe really truly good traders develop instincts and "feels" for the market, regardless of what they use for signal generation (wind blows, moon cycles) and they also probably use sound risk and trade management principles.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Big Mike View Post
I think you could use which way the wind blows and still be a successful trader.

First we know that given a large enough sample size, you could use a fair coin and toss it a large number of times and come back with a lot of 'heads' in a row. It doesn't mean you are good at flipping the coin.

Mike

yes, totally agree. it was just amazing how accurate he could "predict" key levels including the exact time. and he would do that day after day. almost like the famous crystal ball.

Big Mike View Post

Second, I believe really truly good traders develop instincts and "feels" for the market, regardless of what they use for signal generation (wind blows, moon cycles) and they also probably use sound risk and trade management principles.

Mike

now for me this is probably the biggest edge you can achieve. unfortunately not an easy task. even many professional traders are lacking this little ingredient.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,239
Thanks Received: 101,662

I'm assuming your talking about gio?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

Big Mike View Post
I'm assuming your talking about gio?

Mike

but of course.

Thanked by:

rogerf 
Victoria, TX

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futrues, Zen-Fire, IQFeed, Kinetick
Trading: 6E, CL, GC

Silvester17 View Post
yes, totally agree. it was just amazing how accurate he could "predict" key levels including the exact time. and he would do that day after day. almost like the famous crystal ball.

now for me this is probably the biggest edge you can achieve. unfortunately not an easy task. even many professional traders are lacking this little ingredient.

Surely anyone who can predict key market levels including the exact time they will be reached day after day would be the richest person on earth by far. Does Gio publish these levels? I would pay dearly for something that tells me exactly where price will go and the exact time it will get there day after day.

I've known traders who can literally take totally random entries and, using their trade management skills alone, can be profitable most days. So I think Mike is correct in that it's good trade management that makes the difference.

Silvester17 
Columbus, OH
Market Wizard

rogerf View Post
Surely anyone who can predict key market levels including the exact time they will be reached day after day would be the richest person on earth by far.

I guess that's why he retired. need some time to spend all that money.

rogerf View Post
Does Gio publish these levels? I would pay dearly for something that tells me exactly where price will go and the exact time it will get there day after day.

no, not that I know of. but I do know he had some very generous offers for his method. don't think he wants to sell anything. no need, he is/was making enough loot.

Thanked by:
 andrewtrader 
Lithuania

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MBT DesktopPro, Multicharts,NinjaTrader
Broker: MBT,CQG/AMP
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 31

aquarian1 View Post
Thanks for" clarifying the astrology topic for us once and for all."

welcome.

This is going off-topic, but anyway:

aquarian1 View Post
Does God exist?

yes. Look at mirror Unified field of consciousness having central consciousness point. Everything is made of it and lives within it.

aquarian1 View Post
Is time linear?

parallel

aquarian1 View Post
Is there a constant required in the E=MC^2 equation?

depends on energy system you want to evaluate. Light characteristics can be changed. Once you enter into dimensionality dependencies are more complex. Also not everything humans perceive as Nature laws on Earth are so limited and valid on more mature planets.

Why?

raefon72 
brisbane australia

Platform: nt7
Broker: Looking for a new one
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 9

Hi Mark,

I also am a newbie so i don't want to say too much. However Wells Wilder has some research in relation to the lunar cycles. Its called the delta phenomenan. I have done some research myself and found a few interesting things that should be taken into account. These are not for humor and are not intended to be discrimintive.

1. Females run a 28 day cycle same as the moon. It has been documented that weomen can time in together when in a close proximity to each other. I personally give this some level of awarenss. I have 2 daschounds 1 male 1 female. When the female is comming on heat the male dogs personality changes dramatically and he will gladly bite off my arm for touching her. Put it into human context and consider a highrise building full of young men and women close proximity and heaps of smells and endorhines floating around. Throw in a mans ego and greed and you have a big mess of confusion.

2. The moon has a large effect on all animals on the earth. If you have not read a fishermans almernac buy one and have a read. It gives a great insight to the effects of the moon on various plants and animals.

3. There are 4 moons to a cycle and they don't overlap for 19 years. Or to think of it another way the moon wobbles around the earth. It is a full moon everywhere on the same day but it is closer to some then others.

4. A lot of crops and various works are done on a full moon. The effect on the economy is a knock on effect. Farmers have a tendencey to sow crops by the light of a full moon. The crop germinates and grows from that date dependiong on rain etc. The harvesting is set from the day of planting give or take a bit. It has so many ripple effects that flow through the economy. July wheat comes to market and it's delivery dates is determined by when it was planted and got it's first rain.

5. I fly hang gliders and study general meterology quite a bit and have seen the effects of a king tide pushing water up onto mud flats creating massive clouds like a steam bath. Normally the water wouldn't get that far back so it stands to reason with out the moons tidal effect thos clouds would not have been generated.

To summerise the biggest effect I feel happens in relation to the moon would be an extended period of madness. If I see the markets moving as a full moon is comming on I am well aware that it could continue untill the effects of the full moon start to wear off.

The exact causes and effects of the moon are a mystery to me but I would be kidding myself if I thought somthing that could move billions of tonnes of water could pass over me and have no effect, I am aware I have just desensitized my feelings of the moons effect.
Hope this helps.
Raef

Thanked by:
 andrewtrader 
Lithuania

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MBT DesktopPro, Multicharts,NinjaTrader
Broker: MBT,CQG/AMP
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 31

raefon72,

you convinced me that we should definitely use 28 moon days period for our charts. So I pulled EUR/JPY for several past years and was stunned with accuracy of global economical and psychological tendencies this chart reflected.

Please see attached chart. Even such optimist as myself can clearly see that price just fallen and jumped again up. Must be because of earthquake or some other minor cataclysmic event like infamous Euro crisis.

On the serious side it's interesting, that recent dips down go with ~15*28 days period. If such pattern repeats we will see consolidation and another spike in ~420 days.

Last Updated on February 7, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts