NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Astrology - Cycles in trading based on planets

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tradermark with 28 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two trade618 with 17 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Richard with 12 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 10 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Richard with 2.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 gio5959 with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 101,577 views
    2. thumb_up 134 thanks given
    3. group 48 followers
    1. forum 196 posts
    2. attach_file 21 attachments

Search this Thread

Astrology - Cycles in trading based on planets

rogerf 
Victoria, TX

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futrues, Zen-Fire, IQFeed, Kinetick
Trading: 6E, CL, GC

tradermark View Post
hi I am new to this forum and I am wondering if any of you pro traders follow or have any opinion on trading and cycles based on the position of planets and the earth.It sound like b.s. to me,I wonder if you pro's have an opinion.Thank you,tradermark.

I had a great astrology trading system once. I would go short in everything each time Pluto passed between the Earth and the Moon. It never lost. But, since Pluto got demoted, I had to give it up.

My astrology forcast today says I should splurge and buy myself a new dress and purse. Wonder what my wife would think....?

Personally, I think Astrology needs another "s" in the spelling.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

rogerf View Post
I had a great astrology trading system once. I would go short in everything each time Pluto passed between the Earth and the Moon. It never lost. But, since Pluto got demoted, I had to give it up.

My astrology forcast today says I should splurge and buy myself a new dress and purse. Wonder what my wife would think....?

Personally, I think Astrology needs another "s" in the spelling.

This guy was your trading buddy? You should not have let him go.

My sincere apologies for this post, I could not resist the temptation.

kkfx 
Mumbai, India

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, NT8,TradingView
Broker: AMP
Trading: Index,currencies
Thanks Given: 325
Thanks Received: 160

Bill Merriman says from next week onwards risk aversion will be off.

Merriman Market Analyst - MMA Comments for the Week Beginning August 29, 2011

andrewtrader 
Lithuania

Platform: MBT DesktopPro, Multicharts,NinjaTrader
Broker: MBT,CQG/AMP
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 31

Guys, this thread entertain me a lot

However I see that lack of understand what astrology is and how it all works lead you to false assumptions what is possible and what is not.

I think I am qualified to speak about this subject as I learned Vedic Cosmic astrology, have basics of Avesta astrology and practice meditation every day.

First of all - forget astrology in trading. You will not get any consistency. Read on to find out why.

Short intro and context of astrology:

Astrology is an exact science to calculate influence of planetary bodies upon birth of a living being to see inharmonious influence, damaged/weak chakras and associated physical and character qualities, disabilities, diseases, attachments, psychological tendencies. All of this gives idea of the soul's current advancement level and karma heritage, and points to development direction and tasks for soul in this incarnation. It's a pretty exact map of a person that could be displayed in so called birth chart/natal chart.

Practical application is to identify problematic areas of personal make-up and use special everyday practices (mantras, etc) to nullify these planetary/karma influences. It can be used to warn people about areas of activity that have no future/success for person (because of character qualities, or another spiritual direction than person currently chooses), potentially damaging/breaking engagements, sometimes warn about lethal diseases/attachments, most probable life span, death causes and so on. Only highly realized masters know and share these patterns, but they are all extrapolated from natal chart as a start and mahadasha (date-planet aspect tables in 12 year increments) tables afterwards.

Major bodies in Solar system are directly connected to energy centers (chakra) in human body. There are 7 major chakras in human body. Each chakra amplifies some part of your sensory perception, like smell, taste, vision, etc, also is connected to some attributes of emotional perception/expression and character qualities, like self confidence, hesitation, passion, creativity, intellect, will power, etc. etc. Search web for that. Now when some planet in natal chart is considered "weak" or "damaged" you will have problems with chakra associated with that planet. Say Saturn is damaged, what translates 1st chakra problems, smell sensation problems, tendency to have lower part diseases, money problems, grounding, magnetic problems with all possible expressions.

What you need to understand is that astrology is primarily personal development tool on karma and soul level and should not be associated with something magical, future prediction, isolated situation prediction in nude and simplified way. There is always YOU in the center of situation and everything else is evaluated how something around "sticks" to you harmoniously, or not.

It the light of what was said above, let's get back to trading.

[1]Q. Can we find astrological patterns to use in trading?
[1]A. NO. Astrology works on personal level as a tendencies that appear in longer time frames. There are a lot of participants in market and too many random variations of expressions and psyche, situation is too complex to be quantifiable, as every participant has it's own astro makeup and "weaknesses" what means they will react differently to the same astro aspects.

[2]Q. Am I affected everyday by planets/moon and while trading?
[2]A. Absolutely. Your physical and emotional feelings and tensions, greed, self confidence, self image, "easiness", etc. are all influenced by stellar bodies every day and every minute and they vary. If you work with yourself, take effort to stabilize your physical, emotional and mental levels EVERY DAY, you are more aware about things that influence you and can make more informed decisions, are less influenced by "urges" to act somehow, overreact, over/under-valuate situation.

[3]Q. But we mostly agree that Full/New moon influence masses, if that's a pattern why we can't use this in trading?
[3]A. You cannot have exact setup, because of reasons mentioned in [1]st answer. We all have different planetary aspect configuration, what is inharmonious for one, can be great for another, as it nullifies some other inharmonious aspect and alike. While we can all sense some emotional/psychological "background" at that say Moon day for some it would be high potential day with sharp mind, perfect attention, for others it could be pretty bad day on all levels - physical, emotional or psychological.

With astrology you can:
- find harmonious day for certain type of activity;
- find good day for new start: product presentation, new policy, strategy, announcement, something that has to run over long time and grow;
- find calm/active day with less resistance to do some type of activity. That doesn't matter you will feel very good, but things will tend to go OK for majority;
- find if you have ground so to speak for your ideas, are they aligned with yourself;

With astrology you can't:
- can't find trading setups. Even if that day is considered harmonious, and you could feel Ok, but it doesn't guarantee any outcomes as market mechanics is outside of your influence, too complex, too many players, too many non organics involved;
- predict that you will meet blonde on the street Today/Tomorrow
- predict future that has no connection/relation to you personally (use remote viewing for that, military use that successfully).

Hope this clarifies this astrology topic once and for all. Astrology is NOT to be mixed with trading, there will be no consistent results. Also please remember - numerology, other harmonic setups have nothing to do with astrology, don't mix these as objectives are completely different.

As opposite certain cycles and harmonic patters do tend to work. Also there are stunning data mining results that confirms cycles. Personally I think Gartley/Pesavento patterns have potential for setups, but only under certain strict conditions.

-Andrew.

crosscreek 
Studio City

Platform: NT
Broker: IQ Feed
Trading: ES, ZN
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 44

For what it's worth, full moons have some relevancy at quite a few bottoms.

2011-2020 - moon chart, new and full moon, calendar, rhythmic occurence, luner, rhythm, repeating cycles, emotions, calendars, cyclic movements, the tide of time

Note the full moon dates for 2011 that have been, coincidentally or not, turning points or close to:

3/12, 6/9, 8/6, 9/12.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

andrewtrader View Post
Guys, this thread entertain me a lot

Hope this clarifies this astrology topic once and for all. Astrology is NOT to be mixed with trading, there will be no consistent results.

-Andrew.

Thanks for" clarifying the astrology topic for us once and for all."

Does God exist?
Is time linear?
Is there a constant required in the E=MC^2 equation?

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

I do not necessarily advocate astrology - nor do I deny its usefullness in trading without investigation.
I am disappointed with all the closed minds who seem to feel they know all the answers to everything - even without investigation.

While I do not endose or not endorse Bill Meridian's use of astrology in trading, here is his selection for the Dec issue of Dell Horoscope. This goes to print several months in advance of the issue month ( I purchased this on 22 Oct 2011).

His method is several first trade planets within Jupiter sign. (Jupiter make direct station to 0 degrees Taurus on the 25th). According to Bill this Jupiter effect will start to wane by 11 June.

He lists the following US stocks:
NVS
HUM
NDZ
PTR
AIZ
MRVL
KMB
UBS

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Saturday 10 Dec 2011

I looked at NVS and didn't like the chart.
The next chart Bill listed is HUM.

It looks pretty good. $85.16 would have been the price to buy at. Friday's close:
Humana Inc. (HUM)86.85 1.48 (+1.73%) = Friday, Dec 9th, 2011

Here are the charts:

So on this stock I would say is a buy on a pullback to just above $86 say $86.03
(I am negative on the market overall - Europe etc so this is just an exercise to contribute positively to the thread)

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,102

aquarian1 View Post
Saturday 10 Dec 2011
I looked at NVS and didn't like the chart.
The next chart Bill listed is HUM.

I think that the methods used by Bill are just bullsh.....

However, if you look at the chart and use technical analysis to filter that nonsense, you may well get out ahead!. If you like that chart it is worth more than 1000 pages of astrology.

I do not want to offend anybody, but feel that it is necessary to comment on all types of superstition. The Renaissance was about 500 years ago.

Linds 
Victoria, Australia

Platform: NT, MT4
Broker: NT
Trading: Bund , ASX 200
Thanks Given: 982
Thanks Received: 533

"Astrology is an exact science to calculate influence of planetary bodies upon birth of a living being...."

love it

Last Updated on February 7, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts