NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

BigKahunaDogs Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one KahunaDog with 181 posts (141 thanks)
    2. looks_two GaryD with 10 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Blash with 9 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Popsicle with 4 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Popsicle with 1.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two GaryD with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 KahunaDog with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Blash with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 34,129 views
    2. thumb_up 174 thanks given
    3. group 18 followers
    1. forum 212 posts
    2. attach_file 64 attachments

Search this Thread

BigKahunaDogs Journal

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

bobwest View Post
Good luck with the new Combine.

About NT8, do you like it better than 7, and can you say what it is that you like more about it?

I am wondering if it's worth learning it yet....

Bob.

Thanks for the support.
Nt8 beta is fairly the same. There are a few changes. But it is very stable for my use. Before my volume profile stuff was not very stable. Nt7 would crash depending on what I'd use. This made consistency much more difficult I'd have charts and templates how I'd like it then wham it could crash. I'd also have to soft uninstall every few weeks as my various volume profile stuff was unstable especially with multiple volume stuff on it. I'd have to hard uninstall every 8to12weeks.
Overall the footprint is very stable and it has back tick data. The back tick data is one of its best features as nt7 needs to be on to show printed data. Running your cpu week long for long hours was needed.You can show back data of print, tick, volume, etc. If you use that it can be key.
Now with nt8 you can load your cpu and have it up in a few minutes showing overnight action, etc.
It supposedly truly uses multicore, while nt7 just bogged everything down.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

I have signed up for the combine by TopStep. The price was right I had a coupon code. With that code I was not able to postpone my date, thus am enrolled a week earlier than I prefer.

150k combine. Max 15 lots
I will first attempt to make a cushion of 500, then 1000, then 1500.
When I get to 1500, I will be able to trade much more freely and look for runners.
This is not to say I am not look for runners at all, but my priority is capital building at first.

I will start with 2-3lots. Attempt to get enough singles and doubles to build capital up.
When I get +500 to +1000 I may progress or scale in up to 5 lots.

Downside is
1. I am going out of town till 3/8, will likely not be able to trade 3/2-3/8. About 5 trading days.
2. I have had to update nt8 and it is not working properly right now. I need to fix that before any trades occur.

Good side is
1. Combine too cheap to pass up
2. Ability to use 15 lots, means I can scale very small and grow
3. The nt7 update seems to work fine.

Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

I'm thinking we're going to break this balance between 1927-1932 then rotate down to the 1917-1922 balance area.

Right now I am still trying to get my nt8 up and running for tomorrow's New York, I will likely be able to trade 1 session then will have to wait till mid next week due to other obligations.
I got the T&S and superDOM running fine, but the charts will not load. I will check the nt forum site.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

KahunaDog View Post
I have signed up for the combine by TopStep. The price was right I had a coupon code. With that code I was not able to postpone my date, thus am enrolled a week earlier than I prefer.

I hate to say this, but if you've done a Combine in the past, you should take a look at the fine print on the email you got from TST that had the coupon code. Here is part of the email I got:

"Offer valid for new customers only on the first month of any size Trading Combine."

I took that to mean that I can't use it (which I wanted to do, of course), because I am not a new customer.

I know that the page on the web site will take the code -- it took it when I put it in, although I didn't finalize the transaction after I re-read the offer.

I would definitely not go ahead with this Combine without contacting TST support and making sure that it is OK for you to do so.

It would be a very bad thing if you were successful in the Combine but found out that it was disqualified.

Bob.

Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

bobwest View Post
I hate to say this, but if you've done a Combine in the past, you should take a look at the fine print on the email you got from TST that had the coupon code. Here is part of the email I got:

"Offer valid for new customers only on the first month of any size Trading Combine."

I took that to mean that I can't use it (which I wanted to do, of course), because I am not a new customer.

I know that the page on the web site will take the code -- it took it when I put it in, although I didn't finalize the transaction after I re-read the offer.

I would definitely not go ahead with this Combine without contacting TST support and making sure that it is OK for you to do so.

It would be a very bad thing if you were successful in the Combine but found out that it was disqualified.

Bob.

If I made it through the combine successfully, they'd be foolish not to take someone to investigate further. I noted your post in the other thread and I noted the complaint from someone who had passed but was supposedly not qualified for his coupon code but was after it cleared up was offered to take the next step in the combine program. He was banned from this site though.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

KahunaDog View Post
If I made it through the combine successfully, they'd be foolish not to take someone to investigate further. I noted your post in the other thread and I noted the complaint from someone who had passed but was supposedly not qualified for his coupon code but was after it cleared up was offered to take the next step in the combine program. He was banned from this site though.

Just wanted to make sure you were going in with your eyes open. As I said the other day, I hope you do well with it.

Good luck. I'll be following with interest, and rooting for your success.

Bob.

Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

bobwest View Post
Just wanted to make sure you were going in with your eyes open. As I said the other day, I hope you do well with it.

Good luck. I'll be following with interest, and rooting for your success.

Bob.

Thank you again. I talked to them this am and they didn't mention it. We will see. Either way, I'll be ok with it.

Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

I have nt7 synchronized with the TOPSTEP account.
150,000 balance. My TST dashboard is up as well.

Now the only thing I need to get going is my NT8, since this past weekends update the charts for me will not load.

Market action did my recent hypothesis 3hrs ago, see post 3hrs prior, a few up. Dropped from 1930, to swing low of 1920.75, it is now plausible to go back up to 1926.50 or so to short to 1917. Of course this has to be confirmed with order flow for me to enter with a reasonable stop loss.
This is not rth so I cannot trade it now. But it is good practice and goo to note it is following what I believe is technically correct market action.

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Part of my situation is I have a backtested and forward tested my trading strategy and methods, but am used to trading it with a maximum of 2 lots sim and up to 5 lots sim. Most of my sim trading with this is with 2 lots. I have a prop firm external capital funding potential, but they want me to use 2 lots for my track record.

With 2 lots I have a much harder time letting runners have the full effect, vs 4 real short term trades taken out at target 1 then let 1 runner go, in regards to boosting overall pnL.

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

KahunaDog View Post
I have nt7 synchronized with the TOPSTEP account.
150,000 balance. My TST dashboard is up as well.

Now the only thing I need to get going is my NT8, since this past weekends update the charts for me will not load.

Market action did my recent hypothesis 3hrs ago, see post 3hrs prior, a few up. Dropped from 1930, to swing low of 1920.75, it is now plausible to go back up to 1926.50 or so to short to 1917. Of course this has to be confirmed with order flow for me to enter with a reasonable stop loss.
This is not rth so I cannot trade it now. But it is good practice and goo to note it is following what I believe is technically correct market action.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 29, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts