NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Price Action Mack Style

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one msull35706 with 15 posts (73 thanks)
    2. looks_two Infinite with 8 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 JMP3 with 8 posts (18 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 5 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one msull35706 with 4.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two gbpack5 with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JMP3 with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tturner86 with 2.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 56,234 views
    2. thumb_up 205 thanks given
    3. group 57 followers
    1. forum 86 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Price Action Mack Style

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

BeachTrader View Post
What I think lsubeano means is that this particular forum is for vendor and product reviews. This thread on Price Action Mack Style sounds more like a trading journal. Check out the other threads in this forum to see what I mean. Much more of a discussion on vendors - good / bad / ridiculous / etc.

Correct.

This thread is for product reviews. Make your review then move on --- this thread is not for journaling or posting your own trades.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks
 mongoose 
Chicago, IL

Experience: None
Platform: oil super computer
Trading: multiple
Thanks Given: 817
Thanks Received: 433

Big Mike View Post
Correct.

This thread is for product reviews. Make your review then move on --- this thread is not for journaling or posting your own trades.

Mike

Actually I think he may have meant this thread as more of a journal. There are at least 2 other review threads for "Mack" already, one for his daily youtube videos and one for his site which is priceactiontrading.com .

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,537

mongoose View Post
Actually I think he may have meant this thread as more of a journal. There are at least 2 other review threads for "Mack" already, one for his daily youtube videos and one for his site which is priceactiontrading.com .

I agree and have moved it to Journals.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 msull35706 
Saratoga, NY USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 141
Thanks Received: 809

Big Mike View Post
Correct.

Mike

Mike

Thx for moving my thread to Journals from Product Reviews.
My bad on initially creating thread.
Beginner's mistake...

Thank you

Mike Sullivan

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Tripken 
Knoxville, TN/USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradeStation
Broker: TradeStation
Trading: ES
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 1,562
Thanks Received: 1,364

Hi Mike,

just found your journal on using Mack's PAT and it stopped. Are you still active with PAT or on a different thread, was really interested in sharing, discussing PAT using Mack's methods.

Thanks, TripK

Thanked by:

jcdawsey 
Bristol, VA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 813
Thanks Received: 2,687

Hello fellow Price Action Traders. I'm so glad to see so many others finding success using Mack's teachings! He is a wonderful mentor. At the beginning of this year I happily joined the ranks of the profitable traders (in large part due to Mack's teachings).

I've always been curious to know how many others are profitable thanks to Mack's teachings. I wanted to start a poll on this subject, but I'm not sure how (or where to put it, for that matter). Anyhow, I hope that all of you are finding great success with Price Action Trading as well. If you haven't reached that profitable stage, just keep at it. It will come! I can speak from experience. It just takes a little time.

I'd be interested in hearing who else has had their lives changed by Mack's PATs. I hope others share.

P.S. I know this is a trading journal, so I'll leave a link here to my journal wich shows entries following Mack's techniques as well. I also post videos of live trading days on youtube (which are imbeded in my journal). If anyone is interested, you are welcome to post/view/etc. there as well.

Journal

Youtube Channel
James Dawsey - YouTube

I love this journal you guys have running. Keep it up!

Later,
James D.

steveo107
Frankfurt Germany

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 12

Hello Fellow PAT traders,
I am glad to see there are more people that have discovered Mack and his price action trading strategy. As you know, Mack makes his living trading and then shares his daily review of his chart to help people like us learn the PAT strategy. However, IMO, the place to learn his approach to PAT is on his web site and his daily Youtube videos. It does not get any better than that. If a person is interested learning how to day trade the S&P 500 emini futures, symbol ES, then Mack is your man. He only trades the ES and once again, makes his living doing this. He does not jump around to any other instrument. (He does not need to.) If you want to become a successful (meaning profitable) day trader then learn from Mack. Of course, this is just my opinion, Mack is the best and most cost effective mentor on the internet. I am finally on the road to becoming a successful day trader, trading only the ES in the morning session. This is all I need to meet my daily goal and grow my account.

Check Mack out. priceactiontradingsystem.com
Steve

Thanked by:
 supermht 
Naperville IL

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: NT broker
Trading: NQ ES 6E GC CL
Thanks Given: 1,189
Thanks Received: 661

steveo107 View Post
Hello Fellow PAT traders,
I am glad to see there are more people that have discovered Mack and his price action trading strategy. As you know, Mack makes his living trading and then shares his daily review of his chart to help people like us learn the PAT strategy. However, IMO, the place to learn his approach to PAT is on his web site and his daily Youtube videos. It does not get any better than that. If a person is interested learning how to day trade the S&P 500 emini futures, symbol ES, then Mack is your man. He only trades the ES and once again, makes his living doing this. He does not jump around to any other instrument. (He does not need to.) If you want to become a successful (meaning profitable) day trader then learn from Mack. Of course, this is just my opinion, Mack is the best and most cost effective mentor on the internet. I am finally on the road to becoming a successful day trader, trading only the ES in the morning session. This is all I need to meet my daily goal and grow my account.

Check Mack out. priceactiontradingsystem.com
Steve

R u working with Mack?

steveo107
Frankfurt Germany

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 12

supermht
R u working with Mack?

No, I am a member of Mack's premium site and have been studying his approach since May 2013. Day trading is not easy to learn, but if I am ever going to learn it and be successful it will from Mack. I contend if you cannot learn price action day trading from Mack, then you will probably never learn it.
Steve

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

Benjie View Post
Hi Mike,

I have been watching a couple of Mack's videos since VinceVirgil recommended them in one of his posts, but was shocked when I saw one of his videos where he scalps the ES for 4 ticks take profit and a stop loss of 8.
Which would mean he has to get more than 66% winners to break even, you might even need 70% with some brokers.
Which made me avoid buying his 100$ manual, as I thought nothing good can come out of such trades.
Whats your thoughts about implementing his strategies on CL ?? I am a previous Euro trader on forex market, CL trading can provide much more entries than Euro per day. And what was your Stop loss on these trades you posted ?

As long as your actual risk (the max amount of ticks the trade goes against you + 1 tick) is equal to the scalp target then you are good. I may enter a trade with a 8/10/20 tick stop, but take my profit on my actual risk. It the trade went against me 5 ticks then 5 ticks would be a scalp target, 10/15 ticks would be a swing. (A caveat with this is I do not allow a trade to go against me more than once, once it is in my favor and past a scalp profit I will bring my stop to B/E.)

The biggest thing is being patient and taking the best setup, if you can do that you will have a higher % of winners.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 27, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts