NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading the new CME E-Micro's (E micro) MES, MNQ, MYM, M2K and other micros

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 27 posts (77 thanks)
    2. looks_two bob7123 with 23 posts (35 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 17 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mattz with 17 posts (46 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 7.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 2.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 166,695 views
    2. thumb_up 945 thanks given
    3. group 160 followers
    1. forum 486 posts
    2. attach_file 30 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading the new CME E-Micro's (E micro) MES, MNQ, MYM, M2K and other micros

AbdeL
Casablanca

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

vptrader View Post
Sounds very reasonable for sure .... I wonder will they extend those commissions to the Micro currency contracts.

yeah sure its reasonable commission
even with this high commissions on Micro currency futures contracts i see its far better than trading Fx,
and my point of view is better to trade on a exchange regulated market.
also if anyone still wants to trade fx and dont know which broker to choose
its better to go with an ib like Optimusfutures they do all the work for you.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 Nostar123 
Atlanta

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ib
Trading: Es
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 17

Spoke with interactive brokers regarding commissions and got this reply:

Yes, the micro emini future as well as the whole product family will be available at Interactive Brokers. The all-in pricing will be between 0.31 USD and 0.46 USD per contract. We will inform you as soon as more details will be available.

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

AbdeL View Post
Micro E-mini S&P 500 MES

Daytrading margin is only 40$

comissions is 0.40 usd per side for all Micro E-mini so thats very very good

Nostar123 View Post
The all-in pricing will be between 0.31 USD and 0.46 USD per contract.

Looks like they're going out of their way to generate some liquidity right off the bat.

vptrader View Post
Sounds very reasonable for sure .... I wonder will they extend those commissions to the Micro currency contracts.

It would certainly make them more viable from a day trading standpoint. Time to start beating them up about it LOL...

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 centaurer 
south africa

I think it is easy to forget we are all pions.
There is almost 38k of open interest on the big S&P right now at $700k+ a car.

Between the big contract, ES and SPY there needs to be a reason for these to hang around. If you(by "you" I don't mean us, I mean hedge funds) need a fraction of ES you can already do that with much finer granularity with SPY.

These contracts are not going to be successful because of the demand from retail that can't afford ES.I would think it has to cut into SPY's business at the institutional level. That will not be easy by any means.

centaurer 
south africa

tpredictor View Post
@josh

As an aside, it is not the leverage that makes futures so difficult to trade-- it is the lack of granularity. People confuse this all the time and think high leverage is what causes traders difficulty. Leverage is not the problem. It is the lack of granularity.

Sorry, I just don't think that is correct.

Any instrument is hard to trade because most people are using losing systems that have an optimal bet size of zero.

The farther you get away from zero with your bet sizing the quicker your bottom line will converge to the true win rate of a losing system. Of course having finer control over the amount of leverage will let losing systems pretend to be winning systems longer.

You can't make a losing system profitable with bet sizing but you can make a winning system unprofitable by over betting.

The leverage is exactly what makes futures harder because of the added chance of over betting winning systems, turning them into losing systems.

srgtroy 
Los Angeles, California Republic
Legendary  R.I.P. 1965-2023 

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,375
Thanks Received: 3,722

centaurer View Post

Between the big contract, ES and SPY there needs to be a reason for these to hang around. If you(by "you" I don't mean us, I mean hedge funds) need a fraction of ES you can already do that with much finer granularity with SPY.

These contracts are not going to be successful because of the demand from retail that can't afford ES.I would think it has to cut into SPY's business at the institutional level. That will not be easy by any means.

If you accept that the S & P 500 Index is the single best proxy for the global market, then you will have two choices to play that proxy with lower leverage -- micro-ES and SPY. The most efficient system always wins and micro-ES, with its 24 hour cycle, will more efficiently act as a proxy for the global market then SPY (although at first its prices will be a function of the Emini). That said, SPY has a massive first mover advantage and it will take some time, probably years, for micros-ES to catch up. But I think it will be a viable trading vehicle from the start for those seeking lower leverage or greater granularity.

R.I.P. Roy Goldberg (srgtroy), 1965-2023.
Please visit [url="https://nexusfi.com/off-topic/60226-srgtroy-r-i-p-brotha.html[/url] for more information.
Thanked by:
 Opstar 
Wherever I want to be

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 180
Thanks Received: 86

centaurer View Post

Institutions are going to keep the spread tight for this new instrument because unlike the other micro contracts, emini has tremendous volume already and the micro has the same tick increments.

weathers343
los angeles ca

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 5

centaurer View Post

The lower margin requirement to hold a micro es contract vs spy is a major advantage. This benefits both institutional and retail traders. Plus the micro has 24 hour trading and twice the granularity of spy. If the fees are comparable, the micro es beats spy hands down.

Thanked by:
roio
Calumet

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 8

Looks like amp has commissions at the following great for a small account guy like me looking to get away from option decay on spy

Micro E-mini Russell 2000M2KCME-GLOBEXUSD 0.27 0.54
Micro E-mini S&P 500MESCME-GLOBEXUSD 0.27 0.54
E-mini S&P 500 IndexESCME-GLOBEXUSD 1.70 3.40
Micro E-mini DowMYMCME-GLOBEXUSD 0.27 0.54
Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100MNQCME-GLOBEXUSD 0.27 0.54

portal.ampclearing.com/account/commissionquote.aspx

Thanked by:
 mbondiett 
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 49

roio View Post
Looks like amp has commissions at the following great for a small account guy like me looking to get away from option decay on spy

Micro E-mini Russell 2000M2KCME-GLOBEXUSD 0.27 0.54
Micro E-mini S&P 500MESCME-GLOBEXUSD 0.27 0.54
E-mini S&P 500 IndexESCME-GLOBEXUSD 1.70 3.40
Micro E-mini DowMYMCME-GLOBEXUSD 0.27 0.54
Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100MNQCME-GLOBEXUSD 0.27 0.54

portal.ampclearing.com/account/commissionquote.aspx

Thanks @roio. The link you listed did not work for me. Maybe because I cannot log in.

I did find this link though that lists every product.

https://portal.ampclearing.com/account/commissionQuote.aspx

I would not expect that this list is exactly what we can expect but hopefully pretty close.

“The major work of the world is not done by geniuses. It is done by ordinary people, with balance in their lives, who have learned to work in an extraordinary manner.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley
Thanked by:

Last Updated on August 28, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts