NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

A TopStepTrader's Real Money Combine

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one iqgod with 130 posts (114 thanks)
    2. looks_two xelaar with 7 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MarketPilot with 6 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jmsUK with 3 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FXwulf with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MarketPilot with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xelaar with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 iqgod with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,172 views
    2. thumb_up 164 thanks given
    3. group 22 followers
    1. forum 160 posts
    2. attach_file 70 attachments

Search this Thread

A TopStepTrader's Real Money Combine

jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

@iqgod

Hope it soon passes, but take your time to get well: was a good start, so be encouraged and there is plenty of time in this combine for you to resume when you feel up to it. Be patient
Best
JS

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

It is currently two steps forward and one step backward with recovery.

Just as we thought the younger one is fully recovered, here she is collapsing into my arms - my shoulders are aching with alternately carrying two weary children.

Though worn down and hazy there is a glow inside me - I have found my family again.

I just read @FXwulf's lonely journey here and I actually cried. I also stumbled back to my terminal yesterday and traded the Indian index futures with real money - I don't know why I did that since I can hardly think from the weakness but ended up losing 10% of my capital for no reason (and the things I did were plain silly - did not remember how many lots I had sold high up and covered twice the number on the half way down thinking I was flat when I had long positions in a falling market and then realizing the NEXT day (gap down) what I had done.)

I suddenly realized that the time I give to trading is just "time at the workplace" - I did not want to go from one workplace to another one - life is still confined and restricted (by bosses and now by the Big Boss Mr.Market).

Perhaps I am feeling desolate more because of the illness but I am seriously thinking of giving up intraday trading.

To that effect TopStepTrader may not be the best fit for me - it is purely for an intraday trading style.

I will tone down on my quest for intraday setups i.e. stop monitoring the charts all day long.

I will focus on trading as a longer timeframe pursuit, and will minimize time spent in front of the screen.

To that effect I will not be aiming for a TST funded account any longer and will trade with my own minimal capital. It still can be quite profitable I guess.

In essence I am seeking "time leverage".

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Perhaps I overreacted.

By experience, the essence all of living a purposeful life boils down to managing time wisely, managing yourself wisely.

The above, like trading, is simple but not easy.

I hope I find myself soon after my illness - it seems like I have woken up to a different world.

Rip Van Winkle.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Rip Van Winkle:

Rip Van Winkle | Great Northern Catskills

jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

iqgod View Post

Though worn down and hazy there is a glow inside me - I have found my family again.

I just read @FXwulf's lonely journey here and I actually cried. I also stumbled back to my terminal yesterday and traded the Indian index futures with real money - I don't know why I did that since I can hardly think from the weakness but ended up losing 10% of my capital for no reason (and the things I did were plain silly - did not remember how many lots I had sold high up and covered twice the number on the half way down thinking I was flat when I had long positions in a falling market and then realizing the NEXT day (gap down) what I had done.)

My friend, I sympathize. The hardest time to be disciplined is when one is BELOW peak, hence the rule: only trade when you are in peak condition. Even then, trading is difficult and demanding, unless you are really good. Don't watch the market, as it drains energy, just wait till you feel better and THEN make your decisions.
Sorry if this sounds bossy, but you know it's right.
Keep on keeping on.
JS

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

jmsUK View Post
My friend, I sympathize. The hardest time to be disciplined is when one is BELOW peak, hence the rule: only trade when you are in peak condition. Even then, trading is difficult and demanding, unless you are really good. Don't watch the market, as it drains energy, just wait till you feel better and THEN make your decisions.
Sorry if this sounds bossy, but you know it's right.
Keep on keeping on.
JS

Thanks @jmsUK. You are right, of course.

Lying in bed powerless to do anything made me want to get up and do 'something' - unfortunately by habit that something became trading. What an unnecessary waste of capital!

I am flat and lying down flat till I can have the energy to be disciplined.

FXwulf
Kailua-Kona, HI

Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 208

iqgod View Post

Just as we thought the younger one is fully recovered, here she is collapsing into my arms - my shoulders are aching with alternately carrying two weary children.

I suddenly realized that the time I give to trading is just "time at the workplace" - I did not want to go from one workplace to another one - life is still confined and restricted (by bosses and now by the Big Boss Mr.Market).

Perhaps I am feeling desolate more because of the illness but I am seriously thinking of giving up intraday trading.

To that effect TopStepTrader may not be the best fit for me - it is purely for an intraday trading style.

I will tone down on my quest for intraday setups i.e. stop monitoring the charts all day long.

I will focus on trading as a longer timeframe pursuit, and will minimize time spent in front of the screen.

To that effect I will not be aiming for a TST funded account any longer and will trade with my own minimal capital. It still can be quite profitable I guess.

In essence I am seeking "time leverage".

IG

Hey my friend Im so sorry that my post affected you so deeply and caused you a loss of your own confidence and of a portion of your account! please understand this was NOT my intention.

My intent was to share my personal journey and shed some light on some of the mistakes and pitfalls that perhaps others can avoid by being aware of the potentials before they embark on their journey.

We all walk our own path ultimately. For some folks, trading comes naturally and easily. In fact one of my dear friends is a young woman who saved up $5k for a tradestation futures account, wielding only that with a few youtube videos on supply/demand(courtesy of sam seiden) doubled her account trading crude in 3 weeks and went on to creating a $1/4 miliion account within the next 6 months! She continues to excel in a way ive NEVER seen replicated, a natural, pure and simple.

My best friend(I was best man at his wedding) has about the most simple system in the universe. He has about 30 markets he looks at. Qualifies good zones high/low on the perceived curve, places his trade with a 10:1 R:R and likes to travel about the world riding motorcycles with his wife. His winning % is abysmal by most standards( like 17%), but he routinely more than doubles his account every year and makes a darn good living working no more than 3 hours a week!

For me personally i can tell you that I spend very little time trading now. I swing trade very large TF's in the forex markets, trade ETF and various stock options(average trade length is about a month), and I spend about 1-2hours from 8-10am EST placing a few short term NY session futures trades and another hour around 7-8PM placing overnight trades in the futures markets for some Pac-asian markets. My hours are not conducive to london so I dont trade it.

Decide what you want in life my friend, what lengths you are willing to go to achieve it, and then do it. If you fall short then walk away or simply adjust your aspirations, NO REGRETS.

Good luck my friend

feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk

Wulf

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Thanks for the reply @FXwulf.

I guess I am depressed due to the continued illness.

I feel I am "almost there" (i.e. things are working) and here I go and blow 10%+ of my account. Agreed I began in a groggy state which was not the best for trading out of anyways, so I will let this one instance go and remind myself to trade only when fit.

I hope to join the ranks of the traders you listed AND spend lesser and lesser screen time so that I can be with my family.

I sincerely thank you for the wishes.

Thanked by:

tinkug112 
Vizag+india

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Nifty
Thanks Given: 110
Thanks Received: 89

Very happy to see you Back IQGOD

@FXwulf very nicely written.

iqgod View Post
Thanks for the reply @FXwulf.

I guess I am depressed due to the continued illness.

I feel I am "almost there" (i.e. things are working) and here I go and blow 10%+ of my account. Agreed I began in a groggy state which was not the best for trading out of anyways, so I will let this one instance go and remind myself to trade only when fit.

I hope to join the ranks of the traders you listed AND spend lesser and lesser screen time so that I can be with my family.

I sincerely thank you for the wishes.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Really great discussion here. I sympathize to IQGod and wish him well to recover soon both his health and his account! Wulf's story touched me too and I think what he did was to ultimately change many aspects of his personality to allow him to succeed in trading, rather than just "learn" it. Trading is simply analyzing psychology of masses, nothing more really.

As for intraday trading, I do believe trading longer term swings can be more suitable for more people, and perhaps more profitable too bar rare cases, but the problem with it is that experience building is very slow when you trade few times a week, as opposed few times or more a day. I consider my own intra-day trading being first and foremost an experience-building procedure rather than long-term life-style pattern.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 26, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts