2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Journal: Adventures of a New Trader : Live Dreams

Live Dreams
Toronto

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi

This will be My Trading Journal. Please feel free to offer advice and share I welcome it as this is how we get better

The last forum I joined I had issues with my messages disappearing so I hope this works.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Live Dreams
Toronto

Humble Beginnings *

I moved to Canada from Jamaica in 2008. I bought stocks back in Jamaica on the JSE : Jamaica Stock Exchange which has about 60 listed companies to play with.

I moved to Canada in Feb 2008 this was a bad time for my small portfolio of Jamaican stocks down was 25% because of the starting recession even my portfolio with my investment firm was loosing money and I had to move to Canada. I liquidated what I had left to pay for my move and tie me over while I adjusted to my new environment and attempted for find work. February in Canada is freezing and probably not the best time for a person from a hot tropical country to move there and I remember asking myself OMG what did I do!! * *

But I stuck with it and finally found a job set up my RRSP for long term savings because of the Government benefits and a TFSA for short term goals like courses. A little out of my paycheck direct deposit so I wouldn't feel it or miss it. I found myself itching to get back a stock portfolio like I had back home but saving more was very challenging. I got motivated by my favorite company as a kid Nike's Moto "Just Do It".

So with $100 I started my Stock Account… I am so glad that there was "no minimum" that's all I had at the time and I just used it was a savings account and added a little each pay. The start was slow but eventually I have a few dollars to buy my first stock BBD.B-TO cheap and gave dividends. *

I am now fascinated by the amount of books on investing there are in the library in Canada. In Jamaica we did not have access to this much information I cant wait to dive in and learn and improve. I am worried about content so If there are any you guys out there can suggest I am all ears. *

~Currently My Little Stock Account~ **current funds
Dividend = 5700
AGF *buy @ 9.55 **now 11.40
ATP buy @ 14.08 now 4.79
BA buy @ 27.60 now 28.12
BBD.B buy @ 6.38 now 4.91
HRB buy @ 14.51 now 29.77
PWT buy @ 9.96 now 10.41
RY buy @ 55.40 now 59.92
SLF buy @ 23.27 now 29.86 *

Growth = 1100
MNT buy @ 19.50 now 15.27
FXCM buy @ 14.59 now 14.46 * *

Small cap = 1500
MMY buy @ 0.54 now 0.30
MRO buy @ 0.26 now 0.11
VRS buy @ 0.40 now 0.36
LOY buy @ 0.59 now 0.70 *

Forex = 2700
Trading EUR/USD *

My Goal this year:
1) Properly structure my Dividend portfolio for the highest yields I can get with managed risk *
Plan: to start I will closely follow and mimic BMO Dividend ETF to get pick on stocks
2) Learn More about small cap investing and analysis and valuing companies
Plan: Borrowed Peter Leeds Invest In Penny Stocks A Guide to Profitable Trading
3) Learn To Trade Forex Profitable
Plan: I found Baby Pips .com - School of Pipsology…. Elementary to graduation here I come!

Live Dreams
Toronto

Wow I cant believe its been so long since I actively did anything. I got married in October so It was a little crazy after July I guess. I only watched over things but didn't do any major trades maybe just increased my share holdings in 2 of the stocks I already owned by a little.

Things have settled down a bit now so I can concentrate and work on getting a disciplined routine in. Today I dusted off my trading Journal... over the months I kinda just stuck papers I would find interesting to read at a later date, bits and pieces of research I did on some of the companies (which I am sure was half done) wrote down some thoughts and shoved them in there too .... So let the clearing begin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trading day.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	133556  
Live Dreams
Toronto

I think I took this screen shot at around 6:am
I entered a trade last night:
Short - EUR/USD
Price: 1.3630
Stop: 1.3684 - -48
Take profit: 1.3548 - +82

10:00pm Jan 15th

I redrew my treadlines ...and hmmm...
I think I will close this one... wait for the retrace to finish taking effect, then re-enter when I see a confirmation of another drop - 2 red candles should do the trick

Closed @ 1.3620 for +10 pips

Post mortem: checked @ 6:00am +4pips , checked at 1pm +38 pips, now +10pips

First day back ...

P.S .. still working on the folder clean up but made good progress yesterday

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-15-06-19-03[1].png
Views:	208
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	133686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-15-22-03-15[1].png
Views:	199
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	133687  
Live Dreams
Toronto

Today I did some analysis feel free to comment I'm a struggling beginner so every bit helps

My major Uptrend line was broken ... now twice
There are 3 tops (instead of double tops)
So I think the Uptrend had paused and now heading for a down trend - not sure how long it will last

So 2 Options Going into next weeks Trading
Option 1) Sit out this downtrend which may be a false break and unstable
Option 2) Try and Trade this downtrend

*Thinks..........Thinks............Thinks...........*

Solution: Gonna trade the down trend with minimal units so I am actively watching it and engaged but taking low risk
Learning experience

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Jan 17 2014.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	133904  
Live Dreams
Toronto

Finally Took the step to sign up for this course. Got the books and taking my time working through the materials. To help me practice Created a demo account on the Montreal Exchange.

Entered a trade to start the ball rolling

Buy VSN140419C 15.00 (VSN April 2014 $15.00Call) Last Price $0.45
Qty 1: Total Cost $45.00 Commissions $9.95 = $54.95
Reason For company: The underlying asset is VSN.TO and last price today was $15.10. I already have this stock in my Dividend portfolio. I added it as BMO currently has it in theirs and its earnings are positive and it currently gives a monthly dividend of $0.83 per share which works out to be a return of 6.6% per year. I thought this was pretty good. Looking on historical prices the stock moved from $11.56 in September to mow $15.10 January. I think this is good price increase. I think this may continue to I entered this call.

Reason For Quantity: Quality of 1 as I want to look at the mechanics of this as this is my first encounter with options

Took a look at the price change relationship between the actual stock and the option: Shhhhew... kinda volatile
...............VSN.......................%............%
...............Apr ......................Change.....Change
...............Option..... VSN.TO...Option.....VSN.TO
02-Jan.....0.20..... 14.320
03-Jan..... 0.20..... 14.300.....0%.....-0.14%
06-Jan..... 0.20..... 14.310.....0%..... 0.07%
07-Jan..... 0.30..... 14.610.....50%..... 2.10%
08-Jan..... 0.20..... 14.430.....-33%..... -1.23%
09-Jan..... 0.25..... 14.570.....25%..... 0.97%
10-Jan..... 0.30..... 14.610.....20%..... 0.27%
13-Jan..... 0.25..... 14.410.....-17%..... -1.37%
14-Jan..... 0.30..... 14.620.....20%..... 1.46%
15-Jan..... 0.30..... 14.640.....0%..... 0.14%
16-Jan..... 0.45..... 14.990.....50%..... 2.39%
17-Jan..... 0.55..... 15.200.....22%..... 1.40%
20-Jan..... 0.45..... 15.010.....-18%..... -1.25%

With each option contact with a $0.05 move that's $5 gain or loss or 10% gain or loss on your investment

LOL..... its a beast..... looks like you really have to be on top of your game with your analysis on this one. Lets see how it goes.

Live Dreams
Toronto

Ok Soooo .... this downhill ride....
On my one day chart I'm waiting for my red candle to form to confirm a good downward movement. Right now after a few days of downward movement ...I have 2 blue (up) candles waiting for those to go away ...lol...on run their course....

I am also wondering at what point will the chart tell me that my minor downtrend is over and my upward trend is beginning again. So far from Dec 11 on the 1day chart there have been 3 lower lows.

I think to answer my own question I will wait till the price trend starts to loop higher than the previous loop and the high points are higher than the previous high points.

Sooo siting tight and waiting for a red candle......

Live Dreams View Post
Today I did some analysis feel free to comment I'm a struggling beginner so every bit helps

My major Uptrend line was broken ... now twice
There are 3 tops (instead of double tops)
So I think the Uptrend had paused and now heading for a down trend - not sure how long it will last

So 2 Options Going into next weeks Trading
Option 1) Sit out this downtrend which may be a false break and unstable
Option 2) Try and Trade this downtrend

*Thinks..........Thinks............Thinks...........*

Solution: Gonna trade the down trend with minimal units so I am actively watching it and engaged but taking low risk
Learning experience

Live Dreams
Toronto

Got it.... I'm going in
Price 1.35428
stop 1.36330 -90 (standard)
Profit 1.3390 +150 (standard)

I'll give it a couple hours see where we are and adjust if needed. Yea trade 2

Options update: no price change on the vsn April $15 option still 0.45 while the stock price declined to $15.04

In other news.... it's soo cold here in Canada. ..lol Brrrrr. ... and bed time

Live Dreams View Post
Ok Soooo .... this downhill ride....
On my one day chart I'm waiting for my red candle to form to confirm a good downward movement. Right now after a few days of downward movement ...I have 2 blue (up) candles waiting for those to go away ...lol...on run their course....

I am also wondering at what point will the chart tell me that my minor downtrend is over and my upward trend is beginning again. So far from Dec 11 on the 1day chart there have been 3 lower lows.

I think to answer my own question I will wait till the price trend starts to loop higher than the previous loop and the high points are higher than the previous high points.

Sooo siting tight and waiting for a red candle......

Live Dreams
Toronto

Got Stopped out of this one @ - 90 pips

New Plan:
Buy: 1.3680
Stop:1.3655 - 25 pips
Traget:1.3775 +95 pips

Not too sure what the price is doing right now. I adjusted that main trend line twice so this says to my newbie brain that neither trend is very strong. I am going to be a bit cautious with this buy (I should have been a little more cautious with that sell order below by tightening my stops tighter than standard) My stop is now at the bottom of that last red candle and I am giving it 10 pip give. Lets see what this week holds

In other news: options
...............VSN.......................
...............Apr $15.00 ......................
...............Call Option..... VSN.TO
21-Jan..... 0.45.............. 15.10
22-Jan..... 0.45.............. 15.04
23-Jan..... 0.40.............. 14.96
24-Jan..... 0.30.............. 14.76

price of VSN is still decreasing....

Have a great week

Live Dreams View Post
Got it.... I'm going in
Price 1.35428
stop 1.36330 -90 (standard)
Profit 1.3390 +150 (standard)

I'll give it a couple hours see where we are and adjust if needed. Yea trade 2

Options update: no price change on the vsn April $15 option still 0.45 while the stock price declined to $15.04

In other news.... it's soo cold here in Canada. ..lol Brrrrr. ... and bed time

Last Updated on March 7, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts