2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Journal: Adventures of a New Trader : Live Dreams

Live Dreams
Toronto

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Stopped out on that last trade too.

Entered a new trade this morning. It was on the 1 hour chart as the 1 day chart was no showing any clear signs.

Sell Eur/Usd
price 1.3663
stop 1.3688
Target 1.3513
I closed this trade at 1.3641 as I did not like the way the price was moving. Down then up the down again then up then down again. So I decided to pull out and wait

Vsn April option 0.35 actual price of vsn.to 14.87

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Live Dreams
Toronto

Entered a new trade this morning. I think with my newbie brain The one day chart now looks good for a sell.
Prior days were very choppy

Sell Eur/Usd
price 1.3606
stop 1.3690
Target 1.3450

all day today things went well... let's see what tomorrow holds.
I may tighten up my stop at a proper retrace point later tonight

now 11:43 pm stop modified to 1.3560

now next morning 6:00am jam 31and got stopped out. Market closes today so now the fun part of evaluating my week.

Live Dreams
Toronto

I am MIA a lot

yea yea yea ....I have a pile of excuses

Last yea I lost a lot ....Ok well lets do better this time around

My Goal this year - same as when I started:- I added a few more

1) Properly structure my Dividend portfolio for the Good yields I can get with managed risk
Aim 4% and stable monthly income
Plan: To mimic BMO Dividend ETF to get pick on stocks
Plan: To Buy BMO Dividend ETF to take advantage of the diversification, cash flow from distributions
This has been working for me so far - especially with my absentee-ism which I will get better at

2) Learn More about small cap investing and analysis and valuing companies
(currently sucking in this department)

3) Learn To Trade Forex Profitable
Plan: I found Baby Pips .com - School of Pipsology…. Elementary to graduation here I come!
(I have been very unsuccessful so far and got alittle frustrated but I will be more patient... as I give up too easily sometimes)

4) Avoid Inactivity fees..(like I said MIA).....Structure your portfolio so that you avoid Inactivity fees.... $20 a quarter is alot of money and I am not working with a lot of money and these fees make it hard to build
(like I said MIA)

5) Make more than just 11 posts.

Great so I have my goals! lets GO!

Live Dreams
Toronto

Live Dreams View Post

Lets focus on this Goal this week

1) Properly structure my Dividend portfolio for the Good yields I can get with managed risk
Aim 4% and stable monthly income

Looked at BMO Canadian Dividend ETF Holdings - Took the March Dividend Distributors
Looked at the 1-3 year graph direction is stable or up
Ran the TSX stock screener for positive earnings per share then increasing revenue then for a PE less than 20 and compared it to my March list.
For March Dorel Industries Inc and Power Corporation Canada made it past EPS but Rogers Communications won the stock screener round and its Dividend % currently is 4%

as per the yahoo finance news " Following the approval of the dividend increase, the Rogers Board declared a 48 cent quarterly dividend on each of its outstanding Class A Voting shares and Class B Non-Voting shares. This quarterly dividend will be paid on April 1, 2015 to shareholders of record on March 13, 2015, and is the first quarterly dividend to reflect the newly increased $1.92 per share annualized dividend level."

Fits My criteria so I'm thinking about it

I'll read about Rogers and its competitors tomorrow
Bed Time

Live Dreams
Toronto

Rogers Communications Price $43.70 - as per Global Mail Today

Quarter......................... Q4/2014........ Q3/2014......... Q2/2014 .......... Q1/2014
........................................ Dec.......... Sep .......... Jun .......... Mar
Revenue........................ ......3,366 .......... 3,252 .......... 3,212.......... 3,020
Gross profit .................. ......1,221.......... 1,303.......... 1,302.......... 1,156
Total cost of revenue.............. 2,145 ..........1,949 ..........1,910 ..........1,864
Total operating expense ..........2,748 ..........2,573 ..........2,472.......... 2,392
Income after tax.............. ...... 297 ..........332 ..........405.......... 307
Net income.............................. 297 ..........332 ..........405 ..........307
Diluted EPS excluding
extraordinary itemsvalue............ 0.57 ..........0.64 ..........0.78 ..........0.59
Dividends per share.................... 0.46.......... 0.46 ..........0.46.......... 0.46
Diluted normalized EPS............... 0.63.......... 0.77.......... 0.83.......... 0.61

PE - 16.85

Cashflow
Net change in cash ....................-2,125.......... -2,197.......... -2,292.......... -120

Dividend increased : Annual Dividend- 1.92 Quarterly starting March 0.48
It Will be interesting to see their performance during the year and if they can improve.

The competition! Price $54.24 BCE Inc. Bell - Quarter | Annual
................................Q4/2014 ..........Q3/2014 ..........Q2/2014.......... Q1/2014
........................................Dec ..........Sep ..........Jun.......... Mar
Revenue.......................... 5,528.......... 5,195.......... 5,220 ..........5,099
Gross profit...................... 2,090.......... 3,732 ..........3,729.......... 3,607
Total cost of revenue ..........3,438 ..........1,463 ..........1,491.......... 1,492
Total operating expense ........4,416.......... 4,006 ..........4,009.......... 3,981
Operating income................. 1,112 ..........1,189 ..........1,211.......... 1,118
Income after tax.................... 594 ..........703 ..........707 ..........714
Net income ..............................582 ..........631.......... 639.......... 648
Diluted net income ....................542 ..........600 ..........606.......... 615
Diluted EPS.............................. 0.65.......... 0.77.......... 0.78.......... 0.79
Dividends per share ....................0.62.......... 0.62 ..........0.62.......... 0.62
Diluted normalized EPS.................... 0.70 ..........0.85.......... 0.84.......... 0.84

PE - 18.18

Cashflow
Net change in cash ....................1,071.......... -185.......... 385.......... 206

Bell's figures looks like it is the better company with its positive cash flows and higher revenue and higher more stable EPS per quarter. Also Dividend increased : Annual Dividend from $2.47 to $2.60

Perhaps I was a little hasty in Buying Rogers. I will Buy BCE instead even though it is above $50.

Plan: I will wait to get my Rogers dividends and wait for a little price appreciation to Sell.
Sell Rogers If Price Goes $43.00 (a support) in this waiting to Sell period
Buy BCE Monday - I still have time to get the dividends from them so yay

Live Dreams
Toronto

Working on My Goals! GOAL 1. - Putting some Target Figures to it- Edited Quote

Live Dreams View Post
I am MIA a lot

My Goal this year

Aim: (a) 4% and stable monthly income
Aim: (b) $40 Monthly Dividends - $480 of Dividends by Year End - Smoothing things out a bit on my little money bundle
Long Term Aim: (b) Dividend distributions enough to pay your Rent ($900 per month) - Ha ha! Challenge! Now there is something fun to aim for... Lets try...Long way to go
Plan: To Buy BMO Dividend ETF to take advantage of the diversification, cash flow from distributions

I bought 2 ETFs this week - ZDV.TO - BMO Canadian Dividend and ZRE.TO BMO REIT 4% Distributions :
These will increase and smooth out my monthly Cash Flow a bit

I have been having trouble visualizing my performance
I moved My spreadsheet to Microsoft Access
I tried to make Access show my monthly cash flow from dividends so I can see it easily
and see how much more I need to reach my goal this year.
I Put in the stock and #of shares I want to buy and the dividend and the dividend frequency and it updates to show the effect on my little bungle.
I'm feeling Good about that
Took me the whole night and it still needs some work but I'll improve it as I go along now....Im just glad I got it working
Things are looking alot more organized now.

Bed Time

Live Dreams
Toronto

One more thought before bed
Working on My Goals! - Lets work On performance Measures- Edited Quote

Live Dreams View Post

My Goal this year

Aim: (a) 4% and stable monthly income
Aim: (b) $40 Monthly Dividends - $480 of Dividends by Year End - Smoothing things out a bit on my little money bundle
Long Term Aim: (b) Dividend distributions enough to pay your Rent ($900 per month) - Ha ha! Challenge! Now there is something fun to aim for... Lets try...Long way to go
Performance: Exceed BMO Dividend performance by 1%

added: Performance: Exceed BMO Dividend performance by 1%

On paper: Easy
(Ending BMO Dividend ETF price + Distributions - Beginning BMO Dividend ETF price / Beginning BMO Dividend ETF price) X100
compared to
( Ending Dreams value - Beginning Dreams value/ Beginning Dreams value ) x100

On Access:
No Idea How I'm going to do this but lets see if I can make this work tommorrow

Bed Time for real this time

Last Updated on March 7, 2015

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts