NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Men vs Women, which is the better trader?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ReaM with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two karoshiman with 5 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 addchild with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two supermht with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Itchymoku with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,432 views
    2. thumb_up 12 thanks given
    3. group 17 followers
    1. forum 44 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments

Search this Thread

Men vs Women, which is the better trader?

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

DarkPoolTrading View Post
Well done for giving it some thought. People need to be careful with their answer because I would guess most will just answer based on the gender who contains the most traders. Obviously men. That has nothing to do with which gender has a better predisposition to trading. It merely points to likely environmental factors that over time have made this a mans game.

I am a man and think woman have a better predisposition to trading. Two main reasons:
  • Woman will more readily admit when they're wrong. Men can often be stubborn in trying to prove they're right. In trading, the only 'person' who is right is the market
  • Woman are more willing to analyze their emotions. As most will admit, psychology is huge in trading. For men in general, analyzing emotions is something we need to learn, with woman it is natural.

Obviously these are generalizations.

On which planet do women more readily admit they are wrong?

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,326

DionysusToast View Post
On which planet do women more readily admit they are wrong?

In my experience men are more stubborn in forcing their opinion on situations in an effort to prove they are right.

Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,562

DionysusToast View Post
Looks like a lot of guys here left their PCs logged onto futures.io (formerly BMT) when they went to work and wifey noticed this when she was cleaning the desk.....

LOL - what a surprise -
GFIs1

Life is telling the truth

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

Anecdotal evidences tells us that men make better mechanics, refuse collectors, pilots. Anecdotal evidence tells us that women make better nurses.

I think if women were better traders than men, then Goldman would be taking advantage of this.

Of course, you could argue that more men WANT to be traders and that is why more men trade. I would agree with that and I would counter with the fact that the desire to do something has a great deal to do with your success. So the fact that more men want to be traders means men will be better at it.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
 Itchymoku 
Philadelphia

Platform: corded black telephone
Trading: ticker tape
Thanks Given: 1,683
Thanks Received: 3,681

I believe there also might be a self manifesting deterrent for females in there being so little women to begin with. It's safe to assume that most people seek the friendship, approval, and or guidance of peers in their same industry most comfortably the with the same gender. If I was a female, I'd feel very lonely and compelled to switch back to a profession natively taught in a college where I would be able to communicate with other women. I definitely find women to make decisions based off their support network and trading doesn't necessarily have a secure or popular reputation, so it might be shunned away at first attempt in pursuing such an endeavor. In addition, a girl might find it troublesome, or even feel obligating, to befriend males to get any sort of notion of acceptance in this community where I'd have say the success rate is close to the female participation rate. ~ <5%

R.I.P. Joseph Bach (Itchymoku), 1987-2018.
Please visit this thread for more information.
 supermht 
Naperville IL

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: NT broker
Trading: NQ ES 6E GC CL
Thanks Given: 1,189
Thanks Received: 661

Does it really matter? cheer.....

Thanked by:
ReaM
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 97
Thanks Received: 112

My observations have been that women are not able to grasp even the simplest concepts. Like in math or poker or whatever I've done in my life. It does not mean it's bad, they are different and are much worse suited for trading or any kind of competitive environment.

You need to understand that every piece in your car, iphone, the keyboard you are typing on, the cpu inside your computer, the internet, the house you are in right now, the tech inside the monitor you are reading this message with, even the language, were invented (but not necessary manufactured) by men. They are all products of highly competitive environment, where women will not be able to hold on with the competitors.

I don't think it's because of children. Already back in school you could the difference. Anyone thinking women are better suited for trading needs to brush his eyes with tooth paste.

But I still though would prefer a women over men any day hahahah xD It would have been really unfair if women were better at BOTH looking good and trading. I'd kill myself then.

But as the previous poster said, this does not matter. meh

addchild 
Bay Area California

Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

ReaM View Post
My observations have been that women are not able to grasp even the simplest concepts. Like in math or poker or whatever I've done in my life. It does not mean it's bad, they are different and are much worse suited for trading or any kind of competitive environment.

You need to understand that every piece in your car, iphone, the keyboard you are typing on, the cpu inside your computer, the internet, the house you are in right now, the tech inside the monitor you are reading this message with, even the language, were invented (but not necessary manufactured) by men. They are all products of highly competitive environment, where women will not be able to hold on with the competitors.

I don't think it's because of children. Already back in school you could the difference. Anyone thinking women are better suited for trading needs to brush his eyes with tooth paste.

But I still though would prefer a women over men any day hahahah xD It would have been really unfair if women were better at BOTH looking good and trading. I'd kill myself then.

But as the previous poster said, this does not matter. meh

Yeah everything,

except those pesky things like kevlar, gas furnace, circular saw.........oh yeah, also the code compiler, and I think the first computer algorithm.

Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Of course there are exceptions. But I would tend to agree women often don't find trading as appealing due to the high risk and the unsavory aspects that comes with trading such as the related sacrifices. They can be good teachers about trading.

A few notable examples of women traders or instructors:

Linda Bradford Raschke
Cynthia Kase
Liz and Jenny show on tastytrade.
Karen the "supertrader".
Donna of https://www.donnaforex.com

The few analysts featured on CNBC.

Rachel on futures.io (formerly BMT).

And a special mention of wgreenie Other mentions however dubious: https://www.shadowtraders.com ; https://www.tradershelpdesk.com https://www.simplertrading.com/ ;

ReaM
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 97
Thanks Received: 112

addchild View Post
Yeah everything,

except those pesky things like kevlar, gas furnace, circular saw.........oh yeah, also the code compiler, and I think the first computer algorithm.

Of course, women invented things... But now go and compare list of things invented by women and men.

You can't disprove what I've written by three examples (or by a hundred)

Last Updated on July 31, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts