NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Another TST Combine

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one garyboy275 with 44 posts (130 thanks)
    2. looks_two xelaar with 12 posts (18 thanks)
    3. looks_3 BeansTwoNiner with 8 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 6 posts (17 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 6.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two garyboy275 with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xelaar with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,770 views
    2. thumb_up 226 thanks given
    3. group 22 followers
    1. forum 94 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Another TST Combine

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Big Mike View Post
Yes, I don't understand people that think trading doesn't cost money.

As for interface, yes, it looks like Windows 3.1 is exactly right. The UI looks like the stone age out of the box, but if you spend an hour customizing it you'll find probably the best DOM in the industry...

Mike

I like T4, what else can I say?

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

xelaar View Post
I like T4, what else can I say?

It's all personal preference. Ninja, T4, X_Trader, they all have great DOM's and you should select the one that best fits your trading style.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Thanked by:
 garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Platform: Rithmic
Trading: "CL ES 6C 6E" NQ only nowadays
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 454

xelaar View Post
Just read in your post in TST AMA thread. I had the same problem with position size when OCO is on, .

I dont what you mean by that--S/L OCO by its very nature is a position reducing order no matter which way you slice it. So how can a sitting Stop/target OCO stop you from adding. OCO orders shouldnt stop you from adding to a position.

And if I am wrong it shouldnt allow you to do that in the practise account also.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

garyboy275 View Post
I dont what you mean by that--S/L OCO by its very nature is a position reducing order no matter which way you slice it. So how can a sitting Stop/target OCO stop you from adding. OCO orders shouldnt stop you from adding to a position.

And if I am wrong it shouldnt allow you to do that in the practise account also.

Oh I agree with you. Its a bug or something but you cant add to an open position up to max size, always 1 car less than max.
Its same in practice account.

Thanked by:

Surly 
denver, colorado

Platform: NT
Trading: ZS
Thanks Given: 628
Thanks Received: 1,263

garyboy275 View Post

Ninja behaves in this same way - if you have orders in the market (stop or limit) that exceed your position sizing limits it won't allow you to add more orders into the market. Its pretty common and makes sense from a risk management perspective. Also, its a trap to start blaming your software for having a losing day - its very tempting because its takes some of the responsibility away and lessens the frustration. But it will get you in the long run. The only thing that will make you a better trader is to take responsibility for your losses so you can learn from them. You probably realize this already but its worth mentioning it here.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. - Frank Herbert
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

This is true because oco potentially can get both sides triggered. Happened to me on mc live. Dont see how allowing 1 less car can help though

Thanked by:
 garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Days like this are really hard where you think you did everything right but still didnt workout. I stopped trading at -800 close enough for me. Also the reason for posting the public journal. Earlier I could always make the excuse that it wasnt my fault but the way I look at it is that its my account and ultimately I am responsible for it. Whether it goes up or down.

I had a good morning. One small gain then one loss but mentally I was good. Yesterdays profile was balanced and today was a gap up. I wanted to go long at open but there was nothing to lean against so I decided against it. Nearest stop would have been around 93.75ish about 40 tics away. I had trigger set for 93.80 but it never went there just gap and go. I was very disciplined and had good read. Never short in early morning coming off a balanced profile unless you find a solid reason(odds are just not good). It kept basing around 94.38ish to 94.50 I waited about 20 minutes to let it digest then got on when the move was ripe. Got in at 94.55 out for +30. Moved the stop to breakeven as soon as I got my 8-9 tics as planned yesterday. Then a small loss and small gains just chopping around. I stayed patient. Did some analysis and figured 95.18 to 95.30ish should provide some resistance. It topped around 95.18 got short2@ 95.09 then tried adding on its second ascent to 95.32(only after confirmation) I had put in a lot of effort into this trade. Tried going short at 95.24 thinking was going to hold it to end of day if it worked out(I had decent profit to hit a homerun). It rejected the order WTF--only had OCO orders open and I couldnt figure it out what was happening. Cancelled all orders (which is kinda risky for CL-you could be risking yr entire combine here on another rip) tried shorting again at 95.29 and missed it by a tic. It wouldve been fine by now--no big deal. Then closed 1 for a 5 tic loss since it wasnt going down. Then tried closing the other one and it wouldnt. I was long and short my own account on same contract. If you didnt know this is not only impossible but illegal too.

I tried a couple of different orders and tried cancelling orders nothing was working. Few seconds later I find out I am long 3 now. So I just flatten out and get the F out of the system. I find it rather comical now but one thing I forgot to do was take a screenshot of being long and short my own account. It's hard to explain without that but at the time I was more thinking of closing the position properly and trading properly rather than fixing someone's errors for them.

Anyways 5 days gone and I am down 1k. I have to really focus and build some wiggle room again.

Thanked by:
 garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Surly View Post
Ninja behaves in this same way - if you have orders in the market (stop or limit) that exceed your position sizing limits it won't allow you to add more orders into the market. Its pretty common and makes sense from a risk management perspective. Also, its a trap to start blaming your software for having a losing day - its very tempting because its takes some of the responsibility away and lessens the frustration. But it will get you in the long run. The only thing that will make you a better trader is to take responsibility for your losses so you can learn from them. You probably realize this already but its worth mentioning it here.

But it allows on their practice account.

I feel the same way. It was my choice to do the combine, my choice to do it on T4 and my choice to enter the trades when I did and its reflecting in my account. No one else has anything o do with it. Thats why I have a public journal. The OCO was a missed chance (no big deal) I miss at least 5-6 trades every day. To me its the process not the end result that matters. If the process is right the end result will always be right, there maybe some hic cups on the way.

Thanked by:
 garyboy275 
wa/ usa

xelaar View Post
This is true because oco potentially can get both sides triggered. Happened to me on mc live. Dont see how allowing 1 less car can help though

I ll take your word for it but unless its really close(or you have a restricting parameter such as limit etc) how can it trigger both I mean the milliseconds it needs to communicate-doesnt OCO mean One Cancels other ?

garyboy275 
wa/ usa

xelaar View Post
Oh I agree with you. Its a bug or something but you cant add to an open position up to max size, always 1 car less than max.
Its same in practice account.

No its not check the practice account screenshot all Auto OCO--shorted 2 , added 11 then added 2 more upto max 15 allowed. I wouldve expected what you said above.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 7, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts