NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Another TST Combine

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one garyboy275 with 44 posts (130 thanks)
    2. looks_two xelaar with 12 posts (18 thanks)
    3. looks_3 BeansTwoNiner with 8 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 6 posts (17 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 6.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two garyboy275 with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xelaar with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,770 views
    2. thumb_up 226 thanks given
    3. group 22 followers
    1. forum 94 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Another TST Combine

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

garyboy275 View Post

Great job!

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Rithmic
Trading: "CL ES 6C 6E" NQ only nowadays
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 454

Just a follow up. The stats shown don't really represent the 'true stats' for example the winners are getting skewed by 1 tick winners which I consider as flat trades. It was a momentum trading strategy based with something else added to it but objective was to trade each and every day. Given CL volatility the strategy worked really great. Wonder if it would work the same once things settle down? Given current conditions even 6 months should be enough to have a good cushion to sit through lean times.

The one losing day happened right after 2 big winning days. Up till then and since Then I traded mostly 1-2 lots and that day it was my first trade of the day and a really great setup and I got stopped to the tick on a 3 lot. I had thought of expanding the stop by a few tick since everything was lined up perfectly but I didn't and it fell 200 ticks from there. Given the volatility I didn't want to expand the stop since I already had the combine in the bag lest some slippage or something weird happened. After that I took a couple more trades but my heart wasn't really into it as I kept looking at what I could have done with the earlier trade. The reason I am sharing this is that I think more can be learnt from that day than the winning days. To me these are the days when u take baby steps toward maturing as traders

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Update:

I was asked to do LTP since 90% winning days and 10k profit vs a 3k profit objective isnt enough for TST. I started LTP yesterday and today I hit the $1500 target for LTP also but you have to trade minimum 10 days so I am just going to finish the 10 days with 8 more days to go.

I kept my stats for combines done in 2013 and I find that now I have matured especially well. I don't know how much TST pays attention to their trading rooms but called the CL bottom as it happened today before the 180 tick rally, my target was only 50 ticks and before that I was riding shorts down. The parameters I still find are very tight for CL trading and one wrong step as happened to me back in 2013 really puts you in a big hole where as if you start right then you have some (not much) room for errors.

Today I was short from 4841 with target being at least the weak lows at 4773 being taken out and 4765 as target and some unauctioned areas below from the overnight lows made earlier in week target 4723. Took it with only 1 lot and it churned around all day and based on stats there was a 70-76% possibility of target being hit but I got out at 4828 and added short again at 4850 down to 4805 area and then some scalps. The key idea was great but my stop was making me nervous and stop was 35 ticks higher. Had the stop been hit with a 230 gain yesterday I d be pretty much back at breakeven. The reason for sharing this trade is to show you what a thin razor's edge you are walking trading a TST combine or LTP.

garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Well past the target $1500, 6 more days to go.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

garyboy275 View Post
Well past the target $1500, 6 more days to go.

Great job, again!

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
 garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Done with the LTP after 5 days. JH called to let me know they are willing to go ahead. We'll see how it goes from here on.

pilotui 
Oklahoma City OK/USA

Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradeovate
Trading: NQ/ES/NG
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 153

garyboy275 View Post
Done with the LTP after 5 days. JH called to let me know they are willing to go ahead. We'll see how it goes from here on.

Congrats!

You are clearly killing it. Keep us updated.

Thanked by:
 futurestrader 
Houston, TX

Platform: MarketDelta
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 79
Thanks Received: 176

Congrats

Thanked by:
 jlwade123   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 684
Thanks Received: 897

futurestrader View Post
Congrats

Congrats! Great Trading.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

garyboy275 View Post

Congrats. Good job!

Bob.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 7, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts