NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Another TST Combine

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one garyboy275 with 44 posts (130 thanks)
    2. looks_two xelaar with 12 posts (18 thanks)
    3. looks_3 BeansTwoNiner with 8 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 6 posts (17 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 6.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two garyboy275 with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xelaar with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,770 views
    2. thumb_up 226 thanks given
    3. group 22 followers
    1. forum 94 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Another TST Combine

BeansTwoNiner
Toronto Ontario Canada

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 35

garyboy275 View Post
Making blanket statements only shows what you "think" you know. I havent posted deeper stats which I do have but havent posted.

With a 62% win ratio and an avg win to loss ratio of 2:3 its still positive expectancy. Thats after all the bad trades, glitches with software, bad orders, not getting filled on FIFO etc. Might not seem much to you but I know where I need to improve and CTD (inspite of their constant push towards it-almost to the point of spamming) I doubt could improve what I need to improve.

BTW are you associated with TST in any paid capacity that you are benefitting from them?

I'm just another recruit just like you.

Hoag's blanket statements were said to me as well. And yes, I only know as much as I know, that's why I ponied up to expand my knowledge as my trade reports speak for them self.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
BeansTwoNiner
Toronto Ontario Canada

Actually Hoag's comment of average losers greater than average winners were said to me on many occasions when I requested many scout calls.

All the best to you and your journey.

Thanked by:
 garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Rithmic
Trading: "CL ES 6C 6E" NQ only nowadays
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 454

BeansTwoNiner View Post
Actually Hoag's comment of average losers greater than average winners were said to me on many occasions when I requested many scout calls.

All the best to you and your journey.

Actually at some point in near future I will post a detailed analysis of this combine. At this point I neither have enough time nor motivation and that leads to priority of other things to do the detailed analysis. I am sorry if I sounded harsh earlier. Your comments sounded a bit "elite-traderish" I am sure you didnt mean like that but I am under a lot of duress right now so please dont take offense.

As far as the biggest winner vs biggest loser, if your win % is big enough (like for me it is) you can get away with it my only problem is sticking with stop losses. My over +10 tick losses are way more than I d like them to be. My stop is 7 tics but I move it around and I need to stop that. One thing that TST doesnt show in their stats that "should" be there is the MFE vs MAE. To me that is a very key stat. Going forward I am keeping a tab on that.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
BeansTwoNiner
Toronto Ontario Canada

garyboy275 View Post
Actually at some point in near future I will post a detailed analysis of this combine. At this point I neither have enough time nor motivation and that leads to priority of other things to do the detailed analysis. I am sorry if I sounded harsh earlier. Your comments sounded a bit "elite-traderish" I am sure you didnt mean like that but I am under a lot of duress right now so please dont take offense.

As far as the biggest winner vs biggest loser, if your win % is big enough (like for me it is) you can get away with it my only problem is sticking with stop losses. My over +10 tick losses are way more than I d like them to be. My stop is 7 tics but I move it around and I need to stop that. One thing that TST doesnt show in their stats that "should" be there is the MFE vs MAE. To me that is a very key stat. Going forward I am keeping a tab on that.

I too suffered from moving stop when I shouldn't, try this, make it your goal for this week to NOT move your stop. That is your goal, not to improve your stats or care about the outcome of the trade.

As not moving a stop or target is a key fundamental to trading. I did that for a week and I got over it. I no longer have the urge to act on moving a stop when the market get close. Think about it for a second, if you are inconsistent with your actions, how can you rely on your stats?

And don't worry, no offence taken, just surprised a fellow TST'er would have that kind of reaction to my comment having put Hoag in the subject, a little respect would have been shown as we're all here to help each other. If you have not requested a Scout Call, Hoag will say exactly what I mentioned. How you overcome it, is up to you as he does not give any advice as to how, only that you need to improve upon that.

So rather then spending your time thinking you are doing the right thing to correct it, its better to just get the right answer from someone who knows what they are talking about. Cause you can easily spend the next 20 weeks trying something new, or trying something else, only to be in the same position you are in right now.

Time is money remember.

Listen, if you ever need to chat, look me up in the CTD Office Hours as that is where I hang out during the day. I'm also in the Financials Pit if you cannot get access into CTD OH.

I just don't want others going down the path I took when there are solutions out there to speed up the learning and developing process. As today, that is all I did, journal my thoughts and assessment of the market and it was a Trading Goal of mine to do that today.

Thanked by:
BeansTwoNiner
Toronto Ontario Canada

Journal my thoughts and assessment using the concepts I have learned from CTD that is and its an eye opener.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

BeansTwoNiner View Post
Journal my thoughts and assessment using the concepts I have learned from CTD that is and its an eye opener.

@BeansTwoNiner,

Stop mentioning CTD. I have a lot of respect for TopstepTrader and their program, but you sound like a complete shill. You are damaging their reputation by doing this hard sell on Every. Single. Post. about CTD. Enough already!!!!

You are a newbie and we understand, learning and feeling good is exciting, and you are welcome to share your experience here. But I swear every single post mentions CTD and I've had it!

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
BeansTwoNiner
Toronto Ontario Canada

Big Mike View Post
@BeansTwoNiner,

Stop mentioning CTD. I have a lot of respect for TopstepTrader and their program, but you sound like a complete shill. You are damaging their reputation by doing this hard sell on Every. Single. Post. about CTD. Enough already!!!!

You are a newbie and we understand, learning and feeling good is exciting, and you are welcome to share your experience here. But I swear every single post mentions CTD and I've had it!

Mike

Sorry dude, just excited about what I have learned.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

BeansTwoNiner View Post
Sorry dude, just excited about what I have learned.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
BeansTwoNiner
Toronto Ontario Canada

I'm excited because Bob has helped me develop to the point now and it turns out, you're right, I'm doing a hard sell and didn't even realize it. I just did not want people going down the path I went of wasting endless amounts of time and money on things I've tried in the past.

For that I truly am sorry.

Thanked by:
 garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Rithmic
Trading: "CL ES 6C 6E" NQ only nowadays
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 454

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on January 7, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts