NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

DTs Pre Market Prep

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 1,135 posts (6,417 thanks)
    2. looks_two xplorer with 13 posts (13 thanks)
    3. looks_3 WilleeMac with 13 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 12 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 5.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 DavidHP with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 xplorer with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 331,554 views
    2. thumb_up 6,587 thanks given
    3. group 285 followers
    1. forum 1,333 posts
    2. attach_file 1,518 attachments

Search this Thread

DTs Pre Market Prep

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

28th March

Still looking at this as a potential range low here, so looking to play the upside above 2596.

90 points range already - and back to the lows - I don't really see any significant areas here, even though there's an argument for a lower distribution, the overall action hasn't indicated that's significant.

As you can see - a huge drop yesterday and looking left it's really wide sessions without leaving us with many clues as to where it will turn but with a big clue to scale into any prolonged move.

Plan
- longs above 2595 - but no real targets, so a matter of trying to stay with any move and scale in if it starts running
- Watch the extremes of the week - but other than that, I don't see much significant to play off

Weekly Numbers
Range - 2591-> 2679.75
Value - 2596.25 - 2654

Daily Numbers
Range - 2596 -> 2675.75
Value - N/A - too elongated
Globex - 2600 -> 2624

Settlement – 2615.75

Long Term Levels - 2401.25, 2480.75, 2510, 2556.50, 2596.50, 2673.25, 2698.25, 2810

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

29th March

Volatile but no direction - so there's money on the table if you play it right. Our presumed range low is still holding but no signs of us

We are building up the distribution at the lows so look for fades at 2600 and 2630

That's an ugly profile. Almost symmetrical in how it extended through the low and up then the high early on.

Plan
- no bias
- looking to trade early on when it's cleaner than later on the offchance we go over the same area many times
- look to 2600 and 2630 as the extremes - be very wary of any trades in the middle
- so an early trade if there is one, then patience waiting to see how the range extremes do

Weekly Numbers
Range - 2591-> 2679.75
Value - 2600.75 - 2634

Daily Numbers
Range - 2593 -> 2633.75
Value - 2605.75 -> 2621.50
Globex - 2601 -> 2616

Settlement – 2607.50

Today only 2600, 2630

Long Term Levels - 2401.25, 2480.75, 2510, 2556.50, 2596.50, 2673.25, 2698.25, 2810

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

3rd April

Back from the long weekend and although yesterday was a holiday in many places but there was a lot of volume.

We have probed though the low and we are now looking to see if it holds. Obviously the macro economic background is that there's a looming trade war, so this might not be a technical market at all. So we need a lot of confirmation

Weekly Profile isn't much use to us yet - you can see how little traded between 2590 and 2630 - so longs above 2590 are of interest.

Same story here. I like 2590 as a line in the sand going into today - longs above, shorts below. Also - watching below 55 for another breakdown - even though that seems a long way down from here.

Plan
- Looking for a momentum day
- Longs above 2590, shorts below
- Keeping in mind this market might not be very technical

Weekly Numbers
Range - 2591-> 2679.75
Value - N/A

Daily Numbers

Range - 2551.75 -> 2638
Value - 2553.75 -> 2591.75
Globex - 2675.25 -> 2589.50

Settlement – 2575

4th April

More tariffs from China announced today and the market took a dive. This is not a technical market.

Yesterday off the open, the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P were all over the place, to the point where the DOW/Nasdaq were close to useless in refining a trade entry.

The market is volatile - opportunity is there but not the opportunity to enter with a 4 tick stop, nor the opportunity to pinpoint reversal areas ahead of time.

You can see the drop on the tariff news overnight here. We are at high risk of news hitting during the US session too. So for today we are ignoring levels and going with a simple plan....

1 -Try to scale into a position when the market appears to be putting in a run
2- Don't be too aggressive cutting positions just because it goes against a few ticks
3 - Be happy to not trade if it is just moving around wildly with no signs of follow through

5th April

We are basically in the same situation today as we were yesterday. From a technical perspective, looks like the bottom of the range has held and we are now heading up.

Reality is that we are still very much at the mercy of the "trade war" news. Both in terms of making us more volatile but also in terms of the risk of unannounced news making the market move violently in either direction.

Yesterday a 90 point range including overnight and we've continued up.

No levels today, I don't feel it's the kind of day we can expect anything like a "to the tick" move. So once again, we are ignoring levels and going with a simple plan....

2- Don't be too aggressive cutting positions just because it goes against a few ticks
3 - Be happy to not trade if it is just moving around wildly with no signs of follow through

6th April

A relatively narrow day with just over 1.5 million contracts traded. We still have US & China putting out "tit for tat" tariff announcements which send the market in a spin.

Whilst the slowdown yesterday is nice, I wouldn't yet take it as a sign that volatility is dropping.

We can see that overnight we have about 45 point range, so that's a sign volatility ISN'T slowing down. So news risk high, probably less liquidity overall and likely a good range IF you can just get on the right side of it.

So once again, we are ignoring levels and going with a simple plan....

Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,058

DionysusToast View Post

Daily Numbers

Range - 2551.75 -> 2638
Value - 2553.75 -> 2591.75
Globex - 2675.25 -> 2589.50

DionysusToast , what does the globex range represent?
Thanks.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Grantx View Post
DionysusToast , what does the globex range represent?
Thanks.

Range from overnight trade

Thanked by:

9th April

No let up in the trade war and things warming up in Syria. So high news risk again. I do have my eye on the inner range we seem to be stuck in - but not married to any opinions today.

We are in the middle of Fridays huge range. Not much volatility overnight though. So news risk high, probably a volatile day. Not looking at levels but just trying to find a safe spot to get in.

Thanked by:

10th April

Another volatile day - still within our range and exceptional volatility overnight. There are signs that China is backing down a little on the "Trade War" front - so hopefully all the saber rattling is over now and the markets will settle down.

Overall a market with no real bias, so we are sticking to the "try to catch onto a runner" plan and stay away from anything that is trying to predict where the reactions will occur.

Last Updated on January 7, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts