NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

My Personal Combine

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Sayounara with 65 posts (28 thanks)
    2. looks_two xelaar with 7 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Pedro40 with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 BeansTwoNiner with 6 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one BeansTwoNiner with 0.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MarketPilot with 0.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xelaar with 0.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Sayounara with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,633 views
    2. thumb_up 45 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 99 posts
    2. attach_file 100 attachments

Search this Thread

My Personal Combine

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

What is the P/L up to now?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

Thanks Given: 100
Thanks Received: 81

Pedro40 View Post
What is the P/L up to now?

Hello Pedro40. early on in this journal I realised that I was far from ready to take a real combine. ever since I haven't payed much attention to the P/L. I've been trading as much as I can with sim, live and replay. my goal was to gather as much trading experience as possible. I still haven't figured out what type of trading really fit me best. so I've been experimenting with a few different style.

Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

experimented with a 11 tick chart during the europe session. finally able to get my initial stoploss size to under 10 ticks.

Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

tried to trade CL with renko chart. it's much more difficult to read price action with renko chart. but it's so much easier to stay in a trade. made a lot of mistakes. but I could clearly see the potential of renko chart. will experiment more.

Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

I've been trading too much lately that I've began to feel burnt out. so today when the hour came I felt that I really wasn't in the mood, and it probably best for me to just watch the market. yet when the setup came I was compelled to take it. and it turned out to be a winner. so I took the next setup, and the next, and the one afterwards. until I felt that the market was surely going to congest and decided not to be baited into any more trades. so ended up watching it go up another 100 ticks.

a day like this, almost every setup worked, even the counter-trend ones. yet the same setup often fails under different market conditions. so it was utmost important to base one's trading decision upon the current market condition. had it been possible for me to conceive early on that today might be a hard-trending day?

I think the market did give me clues:
1. nice long swings, but not fast and furious, evenly paced. with intermittent retracements of 1 bar or 2.
2. it broke resistances consistently, and it respected supports, even the small ones.
3. almost every setup worked, even counter-trend ones. and it consistently offered opportunities to scratch losing trades.

any more clues that you could see but I failed to notice?

Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

I've been trading CL with renko charts, and I'll post the trade results of the last few days for record keeping.

the renko chart makes it really easy to see market structure. it displays clearly the higher highs/lows for an uptrend and vice versa for downtrends. I've come up with a method based on this and have been trading it for the last few days. the results were good but unsatisfactory.

my initial trade size was 2 contracts, I scale in 2 more whenever I'd the opportunity, and exited all with discretion. made 100+ ticks for the 1st day, 70+ticks for the 2nd day, but only 13 ticks for the 3rd day, because it kept hitting my stoploss trade after trade, 2 hours into the session I was looking at -147 ticks. afterwards I caught a nice runner and was also able to scale in once later on, and held them all till I recouped all plus a bit more.

granted the 3rd day was a non-farm payroll day, market was quite volatile, and I made the mistake of looking for homeruns and letting good trades turn bad and also not cutting my losses short. but still it made me realise that, despite the small stop size, I still relied heavily on large swings to make money. and I'm really uncomfortable with that. I can not confidently trade a method that depends on catching homeruns to offset its frequent losses. this has made me realise that my ideal trading method is something that catches small market fluctuations with high winning rate.

although this method still has very good potential, I'm abandoning it to look for something that suits me better. but I'm keeping its records here just in case I might want to return to it later.

p.s chart settings:
7 renko chart for market direction.
2 renko with 3 EMAs (10,20,30) for active trading.

Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

Last Updated on August 3, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts