NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading Journal - Day Trading Crude Oil with Fibs & S/R

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one greg9 with 68 posts (47 thanks)
    2. looks_two Futures Operator with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 DoubleClick with 4 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rmejia with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 16,876 views
    2. thumb_up 48 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 83 posts
    2. attach_file 42 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading Journal - Day Trading Crude Oil with Fibs & S/R

greg9 
SLC, UT

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra
Trading: ES CL
Thanks Given: 102
Thanks Received: 67

Long 94.73
Stop 94.67

Target open for now

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

greg9 
SLC, UT

No trades today. Options ex, rollover in futures. Not a day I want to put on risk.

I find my most profitable days are tues, wed, thurs.

2nd friday of the month in CL is usually good but not options ex.

I'm looking forward to next week!

greg9 
SLC, UT

I've spent alot of this week churning out some new indicators for TOS. I have alot I want to get done to get up to speed. I have a weekly open, a weekly pivot, monthly pivot, and the NY open plotted on my chart. I also got the Opening Range setup.

Below is a shot of it.

One thing I haven't paid a ton of attention to in the past is volume. I am incorporating it into my trading on the 15 min chart. I want to learn more about how volume spikes affects turning points in the market. Anyone out there use volume extensively? How do you use it?

No trades today. Energy report came out today and there were some wild swings on the ES, Gold, and the Dollar.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CL.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	113429  
 Futures Operator 
New York, NY

Platform: Sierra Chart, thinkorswim
Broker: Amp-Rithmic/TT, IB
Trading: CL, GC, NQ
Thanks Given: 2,039
Thanks Received: 258

gsl8r View Post
I've spent alot of this week churning out some new indicators for TOS. I have alot I want to get done to get up to speed. I have a weekly open, a weekly pivot, monthly pivot, and the NY open plotted on my chart. I also got the Opening Range setup.

Below is a shot of it.

One thing I haven't paid a ton of attention to in the past is volume. I am incorporating it into my trading on the 15 min chart. I want to learn more about how volume spikes affects turning points in the market. Anyone out there use volume extensively? How do you use it?

No trades today. Energy report came out today and there were some wild swings on the ES, Gold, and the Dollar.

Hi gsl8r, nice journal! Your method/rules are eerily similar to mine. BTW, you didn't happen to learn the 50% entry to -23.6% target methodology from a fellow named DH by any chance, did you?

greg9 
SLC, UT

Futures Operator View Post
Hi gsl8r, nice journal! Your method/rules are eerily similar to mine. BTW, you didn't happen to learn the 50% entry to -23.6% target methodology from a fellow named DH by any chance, did you?

Thanks for the response Futures Operator. I did learn that from DH. I found DH in the summer of 2010 and followed him for about a year. I learned so much from him and it really changed the way I look at the markets now. I branched off a while ago to do my own thing and gravitated to Crude. After trading and watching ES, 6E, NQ, YM, CL, GC and others it was CL that I found to be the instrument that fits my personality the best. I only follow CL now and that is the only instrument I trade as well. Making that transition was hard from watching a bunch of instruments to just 1, but now I find I am able to focus on it and trade much better. My results keep improving and I have never looked back.

I incorporate his ambush trade into my methodology but also incorporate a bunch of other support/resistance studies that have helped bring some clarity to the madness.

Futures Operator 
New York, NY

gsl8r View Post
Thanks for the response Futures Operator. I did learn that from DH. I found DH in the summer of 2010 and followed him for about a year. I learned so much from him and it really changed the way I look at the markets now. I branched off a while ago to do my own thing and gravitated to Crude. After trading and watching ES, 6E, NQ, YM, CL, GC and others it was CL that I found to be the instrument that fits my personality the best. I only follow CL now and that is the only instrument I trade as well. Making that transition was hard from watching a bunch of instruments to just 1, but now I find I am able to focus on it and trade much better. My results keep improving and I have never looked back.

I incorporate his ambush trade into my methodology but also incorporate a bunch of other support/resistance studies that have helped bring some clarity to the madness.

Pleasantly surprised that I have much the same experience, learned an unbelievable amount from DH over a few years about all aspects of trading, traded ES, 6E, 6B, GC. Now focusing on CL, love the way it moves and can 'feel' the market of it, and my own methodology incorporating DH style fibs, S/R, ACD, and VSA. Excited that you have much the same experiences/methodology/risk management that I do, will be following your journal closely, and starting one of my own soon as well!

greg9 
SLC, UT

Futures Operator View Post
Pleasantly surprised that I have much the same experience, learned an unbelievable amount from DH over a few years about all aspects of trading, traded ES, 6E, 6B, GC. Now focusing on CL, love the way it moves and can 'feel' the market of it, and my own methodology incorporating DH style fibs, S/R, ACD, and VSA. Excited that you have much the same experiences/methodology/risk management that I do, will be following your journal closely, and starting one of my own soon as well!

That is great! Yea I learned so much from DH and it was such a market paradigm shift for me. I am looking to hit things harder from here on out. I am getting some indicators up to speed to help with some new ideas I have learned from journals here on futures.io (formerly BMT). There is a huge amount of knowledge and history here to look at. What a great resource this site has been!

I am getting married next week and will be out all next week but will be monitoring things from my phone as much as I can..... don't want to miss anything good!

I look forward to seeing your journal!

Thanked by:

greg9 
SLC, UT

Today the market bottomed on high volume on the monthly pivot line and then ran up to yesterday's low almost to the tick!

I took a paper trade long at 92.70 and held until 93.48. On paper this week until I return the week after.

I am looking to hold longer and trail stops better when the market propagates in my direction. Still torn between taking many smaller targets and trying to hold for a larger move. Tight balance between the two.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	316
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	113524  
Thanked by:
 Futures Operator 
New York, NY

gsl8r View Post
That is great! Yea I learned so much from DH and it was such a market paradigm shift for me. I am looking to hit things harder from here on out. I am getting some indicators up to speed to help with some new ideas I have learned from journals here on futures.io (formerly BMT). There is a huge amount of knowledge and history here to look at. What a great resource this site has been!

I am getting married next week and will be out all next week but will be monitoring things from my phone as much as I can..... don't want to miss anything good!

I look forward to seeing your journal!

Thanks, and congratulations on getting married! Hope your spouse supports you well in your trading!

greg9 
SLC, UT

I need to learn to hold longer! It was up at the top of its range but it wasn't breaking and I got impatient and exited.

Looking for longs into the close.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	237
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	113649  

Last Updated on September 5, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts