NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Five A Day

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ratfink with 265 posts (281 thanks)
    2. looks_two GFIs1 with 30 posts (42 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 14 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 CPRICE76 with 7 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Daytrader999 with 1.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two GFIs1 with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ratfink with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 podski with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 48,865 views
    2. thumb_up 388 thanks given
    3. group 18 followers
    1. forum 352 posts
    2. attach_file 98 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Five A Day

podski 
Belgium

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

Do those types of product stop you from messing with them once the trade is on ?

That might be a good thing for some of us :-)

p

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: TST/Rithmic
Trading: YM/Gold
Thanks Given: 17,423
Thanks Received: 8,425

podski View Post
Do those types of product stop you from messing with them once the trade is on ?

That might be a good thing for some of us :-)

p

Yep, you bet, once it's fired only their system can give or take my daily dinner! Seems to suit me..., gawd I needed it.

ps note that is different from most 0-100 binary options which do allow early close out

Travel Well
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

podski View Post
Just remember that the most important thing you did was get the direction right !!

I can't even claim that, in my usual inimitable style half of them were counter-trend shorts, on a rocket ship day, deary me. It will be interesting to see how we go, I love the feel of the interface and its action, just need to make sure I keep missing the TILT pedal...

I may try and segregate an active trade in the main account a la @GFIs1 and just have a certain period of the day when I attack the beauty with this new beasty.

Cheers, have a Lucozade on me.

Travel Well
Thanked by:

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

I think bulls are vulnerable unless they take out 94 before losing 68, failing up here in the hwb zone from the top would be undesirable. Interesting day, will see in the next few days if the rocket ship was a fifth wave kick-off or a bear correction rocket spiker.

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

A losing final day of the week and a typical Friday, stuck in a consolidation and obviously (hindsight, ha) best avoided really.

Only 3 trades in the main account, -16, +16, -10, so net -10. Poor trading but SMB at 9 < 42 was better than typical.

And a multitude in the new Sprint sandpit account, played and experimented a lot, ended down -20 so a poor day there but kept 106 from yesterday to make it a good week, and it's great for putting more focus on the importance of time.

Lessons to learn are the usual - stop fighting the trend(s), be more selective with trades, the usual chestnuts, can I crack them?

Have a great w/e.

Travel Well

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Bulls stayed strong taking out 94 and defeating the potential short hwb from highs, extensions broke out, might be hitting a target now but can of course blow through again, first signs of weakness only if 94 now lost and a short pullback holds, but bulls will still have a legitimate long pullback currently sitting at 1670, depending on where the current advance halts. Swing shorts still have no setups unless the trend fails first.

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

Looking towards 1765 so long as trend stays strong, much under 1670 would be suspect.

Thanked by:

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

With all the political shenanigans so far this week I have mainly focussed on getting familiar with the Sprint Markets platform and doing a little software development and tidying, hopefully more orderly market action resumes shortly, well, maybe.

In the main account I should have made better use of my longer-term take on things as it was pretty close, but weirdly I still don't yet really understand myself in that arena.

If I can do this:

Why can't I just put the trade on? Even just once or twice a month would be good, what a wimp..

In any case I have learned again the simple difference - when I am out of control and over-trading I am utterly devastating (Monday 7 wins, 15 losers) and when I am in the zone I am utterly devastating (Tuesday 6 winners from 7 trades, today 4 winners from just the magic Five trades).

Sandpit account now sits at +28% but clearly the swings are unsustainable until control is present everyday and position size gets dropped from 10%->5%->2%. Aggressive exploration does focus the attention though, I always feel it is asking the 'Why do we make it so hard' question, when under the right conditions it clearly isn't.

So the lifetime of work between the ears continues, at least I am happy with my short-term edges and still enjoying the challenge of finding the really magic salt that would eliminate the TILT days, but then I guess there's a lot of us trying to do that.

Travel Well

ratfink 
Birmingham UK
Market Wizard

I'm cooking dinner tonight so done trading for now, good day, if a little jammy in places.

Main account, finally did as advised by @GFIs1, stuck a trade in it and walked away to get the food, came back to find +41T in it so closed it and smiled. Had one earlier loser for -12T so net +29T in here.

Sprint sandpit had the usual rollercoaster headwaves with 16 winners and 12 losers for a net equivalent of +40T, not complaining but runs of 6 and 4 winners and 6 losers suggest huge differences between good and bad mind zones. Thinking I need to open/close the shop for an hour at a time on this one. Early days still here though, love the platform despite low R/R suits my edge when I keep myself in check, basically need 5:4 win/loss ratio or better to be breakeven in a session.

Long term view I had a little play this morning and this is where and why I think we are here:

3 valid extension support areas each traded that 1550 area and have unfilled targets in the 1740's as yet. Thing is I think that could be a Gannland definer, it will put a top in OR on the 4th go at all time new highs it will gap/blast through and just fly north into 2014, we shall see ..

Pullbacks down to 1550 still valid, much longer term pullback at 1200's also valid but of no interest unless we get a weekly trend failure.

Imho.

Travel Well
Thanked by:

podski 
Belgium

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

ratfink View Post
...stuck a trade in it and walked away...

By George ...

:-)
p

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on March 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts