NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

List of FIO traders who have passed the TST combine or funded

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Sirkin01 with 11 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 lemons with 11 posts (35 thanks)
    4. looks_4 GuyMM with 9 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TickedOff with 8.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two matevisky with 8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 6.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 4.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 103,078 views
    2. thumb_up 713 thanks given
    3. group 91 followers
    1. forum 221 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments

Search this Thread

List of FIO traders who have passed the TST combine or funded

Sirkin01 
Rochester, ny

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Nt, ToS, rt
Trading: Crude
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 22

Basically section 8 goes into if you break any federal laws, in a nut shell, it seems to cover rogue trader not abiding by your size you are permitted to trade etc.

Sent from my iPhone using NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Sirkin01 View Post
Basically section 8 goes into if you break any federal laws, in a nut shell, it seems to cover rogue trader not abiding by your size you are permitted to trade etc.

Sent from my iPhone using NexusFi mobile app

The last two posts seem to referring to an agreement between the newly funded trader and TST is that correct?

peace, love and joy to you
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Sirkin01 
Rochester, ny

yes the contract is an agreement for two parties, like any contract. it goes into how profit is divided if there's a disagreement, how things are handles pretty basic stuff. Over all there is no fine print hiding a secret. Its pretty strait forward. I hope this helps.

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

aquarian1 View Post
1. Did you sign a futures account opening form when you were given a funded account?

Sirkin01 View Post
yes the contract is an agreement for two parties, like any contract. it goes into how profit is divided if there's a disagreement, how things are handles pretty basic stuff. Over all there is no fine print hiding a secret. Its pretty strait forward. I hope this helps.

So a funded trader signs an agreement with TST.

==> Do they also sign an futures account opening form?

(This would be a separate agreement with a futures broker in addition to an agreement with TST)

Thank-you.

Thanked by:
 Sirkin01 
Rochester, ny

I signed an agreement with them, you are trading with a pool of money. You don't receive a 50k account per say. you are trading 5 contracts, with a stop loss. That would be equivalent to the risk size of trading a 50k account. you see the change In the Live trader prep. May I ask why is this so important? Topstep has been around for about 9 years and have been vetted by many people, I am just trying to do right by them, they have never did me wrong. If there was something they were hiding or in some way taking advantage of people it would have come out. So whats your concern? what are you searching for? They are a prop company with a different approach to recruiting people. The combine and LTP are your interviews for a job if you pass both you get hired.

Thanked by:

aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA

aquarian1 View Post

==> Do they also sign an futures account opening form?

Thank-you.

I have asked this same question without a reply two times. You have still not answered it.

You could have replied;
"yes you also sign a futures account agreement."

or
"no, the agreement with TST is the only agreement you sign"

There have been several back and forths when one clear complete reply would have done the job.

It is not unusual to wish to read all written agreements before undertaking a contractual arrangement. Indeed it is recommended that you carefully read and understand all contracts.

If the agreements were posted online where I could read them I would not have asked you anything - I would have read the contract(s) and asked the company for clarification if required.

All companies post the contracts and ask you to read them as you will be bound by them.

From earlier in this thread:

aquarian1 View Post
So I want to know all the rules - all the catches - what I will have to sign - what I am liable for, that is in writing not what might be said in a email, etc before I start.
-----------
I find it so laborious to get the whole story that it becomes more time than its worth.

When I ask other FIO members simple questions - they get evasive and say things like:
"Oh post that in the ask anything thread"
"Oh look at the website"
"Oh why not ask support?"

aquarian1 View Post
In passing, if I open a futures account with a futures broker I am able to read the entire account agreement BEFORE starting and decide if I accept all the terms and conditions. It's posted online for anyone to read - just as it should be. Open and above board.)

Thanked by:
 jdrower 
Alameda, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierracharts
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 177
Thanks Received: 30

Sirkin01
Now that you are funded and trading 5-contracts, have you found that the TST rules have made you a better trader?
Thx
JD

Thanked by:
 Raider 
Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader & Jigsaw
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: ZB UB

You can add me (Raider) to the list of those who have passed. Passed the 150k combine.

Sirkin01 
Rochester, ny

jdrower View Post
Sirkin01
Now that you are funded and trading 5-contracts, have you found that the TST rules have made you a better trader?
Thx
JD

Great question in taking the combines yes I learned patients and size and stop control. Realizing the more trades you place doesn't lead to a bigger account. Waitting and having the ability to pass on trades to find the better trades to take. Yes I am a better trader for TopstepTrader and having to have an accountable set of rules, that I have to follow. To be critical of myself I still fall victim to my own bad habits that every trader has. Tst helped me realize we're I am lacking and what I need to work on.

Sirkin01 
Rochester, ny

Yes the bid/ ask changes it is a live account...

andrej View Post
Hey y'all!

I am wondering about one thing, but haven't seen any comments on this.... can anybody with a funded TST account please confirm that adding/removing limit order actually increases bid/ask in the order book? This would be a simple test to confirm you are trading a real live account at the CME.

Thanks!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 13, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts