NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

List of FIO traders who have passed the TST combine or funded

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one aquarian1 with 11 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Sirkin01 with 11 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 lemons with 11 posts (35 thanks)
    4. looks_4 GuyMM with 9 posts (21 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one TickedOff with 8.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two matevisky with 8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 6.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Topstep with 4.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 103,028 views
    2. thumb_up 713 thanks given
    3. group 91 followers
    1. forum 221 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments

Search this Thread

List of FIO traders who have passed the TST combine or funded

alejo 
madrid spain

Experience: Beginner
Platform: nt
Trading: None.
Thanks Given: 16,557
Thanks Received: 646

matevisky View Post
I have been just passed the combine, and I am doing the LTP.

Why is LTP hard? I dont think LTP is hard, is just simple prooving you can do it again and again and again. But there are some other new rules what you have to follow, which could make it harder ofcourse:
- You are allow to trade only 2 lots till you are not reaching the 1500USD profit, than 3 lots then etc... They are refering it as a scaling plan: Funded Trader: [AUTOLINK]Scaling[/AUTOLINK] Plan ? Help & Feedback Center
- Your profit target is less, during your combine, but because of the scaling plan we could say so it is the same (less profit, but you have to build up the account with small size)
- You are not allow to trade the news at all! You have to get out before it, and jump in after it. No news and spike trading at all
- You have to follow your plan every day. No scratch trade, if you are ready in 2 days. Do it again and again and again...
- You have 60 days to complie!

How can you fail? Only in one way. You get lucky to get your combine ready (1 lucky day, 1 lucky swing 1 lucky runner etc...) but building up from small size is more than luck...

Other reasons? I dont think so there could be other reasons. But If I fail, I will let you know a good one

hi, could you give more details about the no scratch trade please

thanks

alejo

La lucha es de igual a igual contra uno mismo
The fight is fair against oneself
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

alejo View Post
hi, could you give more details about the no scratch trade please

thanks

alejo

What he meant was that a trader should keep trading his normal style even if say he reaches the LTP profit target after 4 days - i.e. shouldn't spend the rest 6 days taking 1 tick profits or something to 'not lose'.

Thank My New Journal https://nexusfi.com/trading-journals/56579-just-being-trader-letting-go.html
Please visit and thank individual posts if you feel they are / will be serving some purpose for someone! Remember: Gratitude begets gratitude!
Thanked by:

alejo 
madrid spain

Platform: nt
Trading: None.
Thanks Given: 16,557
Thanks Received: 646

iqgod View Post
What he meant was that a trader should keep trading his normal style even if say he reaches the LTP profit target after 4 days - i.e. shouldn't spend the rest 6 days taking 1 tick profits or something to 'not lose'.

ok thanks

La lucha es de igual a igual contra uno mismo
The fight is fair against oneself
Thanked by:

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

Congrats to all those who made it.

I'm seriously thinking about doing the Combine either the 30or50k to start. Thinking about January or Feburary. I am going to start scouring journals and find all the nuances. I might ask for a custom, as they say you can customize your parameters. Specifically they ask you to trade 10of10 days. I'm going to ask for 4to6 days of profit vs being forced to trade all 10. That doesn't always make sense. If I get no home runs during that time, to keep chipping singles and doubles for the goal.

My method is of hitting singles and doubles, if a home run comes along to try to milk it, if not keep chipping for singles and doubles. Why expose yourself to a Z day after a huge trend day or two?

Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

KahunaDog View Post

I'm seriously thinking about doing the Combine either the 30or50k to start. Thinking about January or Feburary. I am going to start scouring journals and find all the nuances. I might ask for a custom, as they say you can customize your parameters. Specifically they ask you to trade 10of10 days. I'm going to ask for 4to6 days of profit vs being forced to trade all 10. That doesn't always make sense. If I get no home runs during that time, to keep chipping singles and doubles for the goal.

My method is of hitting singles and doubles, if a home run comes along to try to milk it, if not keep chipping for singles and doubles. Why expose yourself to a Z day after a huge trend day or two?

10 days is stand for 10 trading days. You don't forced to trade the market every day. Your choice. You have 30 days to compile 10 trading days. Hopes it clarify

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

matevisky 
Nelson, New Zealand

Thanks Given: 633
Thanks Received: 1,533

Scalpingtrader View Post
For the 10 day combine it's 30 days, not 60. Which boils down to roughly trading every 2nd business day, on average that is.

Thx. The live trader prep was 60 days. Did not crosschecked. Edited my post to avoid missinformation

Máté
Full time trader Live journal here
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

KahunaDog View Post

If you are in a "10 day" Combine, you have 30 calendar days to complete it (which will be about 22 or 23 trading days, depending on the month.)

You can also do a "continuous" Combine, which is renewed every month on a subscription basis, so it does not have an actual time limit at all. You still have to trade at least 10 days in total, but can take as long as you want to accumulate them. You are required to do at least 2 months in the continuous subscription, unless you pass the Combine sooner.

But you never have to trade "10 of 10 days" in a row, whichever one you select.

See TsT Help Page

Bob.

Edit: just to be clear, on the continuous you have a minimum requirement of 10 traded days, but you can trade as many as you need after that in order to meet the Combine objectives.

KahunaDog 
Hawaii at the beach

Platform: Nt8, MotiveWave, TOS
Broker: S5
Trading: ES, ZB fine alcohol and muscle cars
Thanks Given: 1,168
Thanks Received: 412

Thank you guys. I misunderstood, thinking total time was 10days and you had to trade all 10. 10 in a month is a lot less pressure.

Thanked by:

tturner86 
Portland, Oregon

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Thanks Given: 10,459
Thanks Received: 12,695

KahunaDog View Post
Thank you guys. I misunderstood, thinking total time was 10days and you had to trade all 10. 10 in a month is a lot less pressure.

And if you do the continuous then it can be 10 trading days out of 2-3 months. Which is a lot less pressure.

Thanked by:
 garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Rithmic
Trading: "CL ES 6C 6E" NQ only nowadays
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 454

Passed the combine took 5 in total including rollovers. Last one I did was a month earlier and started off on the wrong foot but got a rollover. This one was ok from get go. Now waiting for their Email.

My guess is nowadays everyone has to do LTP despite their denying this. Seen guys with a Straight"A's" combine doing LTP so must be the norm nowadays.

Last Updated on September 13, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts