NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Experiences with the MarketDelta or Investor RT Platform

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one LS Chad with 8 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 7 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sysot1t with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Michael.H with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one sctrader with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two GentleTrader with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 LukeGeniol with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 LS Chad with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 43,110 views
    2. thumb_up 44 thanks given
    3. group 21 followers
    1. forum 56 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

Experiences with the MarketDelta or Investor RT Platform

esharris
leeds, UK

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I see Simon from futuresfx is offering Market delta for free to his members, not sure how is was doing this,, but its a good way to sucker people in to buy his course i guess...LOL

Harris

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Frank R
Wash DC

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 25

GentleTrader View Post
MarketDelta is derived from Investor RT, keeps the same code but adds footprint charts. MD keeps updating as IRT evolves. They have a comercial relationship. As IRT is the base, MD lags IRT as far as updates are concerned. IRT guys are also much more polite than MD when you need support.

Best combo: IRT plus Gomi ladder. Same benefits and a hundred bucks cheaper.

GentleTrader View Post
IRT is about $100 less than MD, which has footprint. You can get IRT, which is cheaper, and use Gomi ladder to have the footprint charts for free.

Isn't Gomi ladder just with NT? Unfortunately all the links in his profile cannot be accessed unless I am an elite member.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Frank Ricard View Post
Isn't Gomi ladder just with NT? Unfortunately all the links in his profile cannot be accessed unless I am an elite member.

If you use MD or IRT, you don't need Gomi's stuff. Gomi's stuff is just to make NT store bid/ask data, and his indicators are for volume studies and bid ask studies. All built-in with IRT and MD, as well as Sierra Chart.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Frank R
Wash DC

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 25

Big Mike View Post
If you use MD or IRT, you don't need Gomi's stuff. Gomi's stuff is just to make NT store bid/ask data, and his indicators are for volume studies and bid ask studies. All built-in with IRT and MD, as well as Sierra Chart.

Mike

IRT doesnt have number bars, aka footprint charts. It looked like Gomi designed a footprint chart.

Appreciate the response though, I was all but certain what you said was the case.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Frank Ricard View Post
IRT doesnt have number bars, aka footprint charts. It looked like Gomi designed a footprint chart.

Appreciate the response though, I was all but certain what you said was the case.

Try MD or Sierra

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Ashr 
San Francisco

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Infinity
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Looking for ES historical tick data for MarketDelta charts. Did anyone has it? I have DTN service. But they provide only for past 120days worth tick data. Please let me know. Thanks

LS Chad 
Milton, GA

Platform: Investor/RT, MarketDelta
Broker: DTN IQFeed
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 144

Have enjoyed following this thread. I have a couple questions for two of you.

Alexlaxmikant, can you give specific examples of aspects where MC is more flexible. I don't know MC well, but am always looking at opportunities to improve the product.

Michael H. - I also am not familiar with Gomi's footprint. Can you expand on how it is MUCH better than MD's Footprint?

Thanks,
Chad

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

slickiam 
Tomsk, Russia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: custom
Trading: gold
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 435

Michael.H View Post
Dr. Linn pretty much found a way to make extra money.. The footprint idea was his, but not that many people know that market delta and IRT are the same thing. He saw the value of the footprint, so he decided to re brand it and distribute it differently.... Im pretty sure he gets a cut from market delta.. I have no way to verify this, its just my take.
In terms of customer service, I have to agree that with market delta, there really is none. Every time i have a question, it takes a day to get back, and most of the times its just a link to their knowledge base.

However, if you want stability with lots of features, Market delta/IRt is worth it

MD support is not the equal I/RT support, imho
I was a customer of Linnsof last year and had the mirroring situation to yours
I had a support personally from Mr. Linn and Mr. Payne
It looked like they started their day from customers posts reading - Answers were sent right in the morning /CT/

But I agree with you that MD-I/RT are quite expensive and very qualitative

And I can confirm a high quality of customers support from Linnsoft /maybe the best/

Scientia Libertas Prosperitas
Alexlaxmikant
India

Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 8

LS Chad View Post
Have enjoyed following this thread. I have a couple questions for two of you.

Alexlaxmikant, can you give specific examples of aspects where MC is more flexible. I don't know MC well, but am always looking at opportunities to improve the product.

Michael H. - I also am not familiar with Gomi's footprint. Can you expand on how it is MUCH better than MD's Footprint?

Thanks,
Chad

Well I have used MD version 9 so my experience is limited with it only, I have to stretch my memory real hard since its been 2-3 years now.

Few things which bugged me in MD were it's limitation of backtesting strategies whenever market profile related tokens were used like developing POC token could only be used for 6-8 months of data.

Also the scripting language in MD is very easy but because of that it lacks the flexibility, for example - I run this line in MC very often at initial stage of strategy building. If specific conditions are met then buy next bar at xyz price and send the text file to local folder along with date, time closing price and name of signal. This wasn't possible in MD which is very vital for debugging trading strategies. This is also helpful for statistical analysis like how many days market closed positive when previous days POC was greater than it's previous POC etc.

Also there was one problem which troubled me a lot in MD at initial stage and that was repeat population of signals ex. if high is greater than last 4 bars high then buy, now what happen is that when bar changes and open of the bar is still higher than previous high then signal get repeated on this bar and alert signals pop-up again. To avoid that I had to use some other token ( I think it was number of signals, not sure ) I always felt that MD should let users write their own tokens and store them for later use.

Then there was portfolio backtester issue, I couldn't test pair trading strategies in MD or I couldn't test my portfolio.
Besides other minor issue like system used to get slow( CORE2DUO) whenever I tried to use auto scheduling import ( Substitute for Ascii mapping in MC )

LS Chad 
Milton, GA

Platform: Investor/RT, MarketDelta
Broker: DTN IQFeed
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 144

Alexlaxmikant View Post
Well I have used MD version 9 so my experience is limited with it only, I have to stretch my memory real hard since its been 2-3 years now.

Few things which bugged me in MD were it's limitation of backtesting strategies whenever market profile related tokens were used like developing POC token could only be used for 6-8 months of data.

The Profile Indicator has a token, PROF, which can be used in the Real Time Language (RTL). While the TPO Indicator/token is limited to 6-8 months, there is no such limitation on PROF, you can go back as far as you can get data (6 or so years on ES from DTN). PROF gives you access to time or volume based VAH/VAL/POC, etc (current/previous/historical).

Alexlaxmikant View Post
Also the scripting language in MD is very easy but because of that it lacks the flexibility, for example - I run this line in MC very often at initial stage of strategy building. If specific conditions are met then buy next bar at xyz price and send the text file to local folder along with date, time closing price and name of signal. This wasn't possible in MD which is very vital for debugging trading strategies. This is also helpful for statistical analysis like how many days market closed positive when previous days POC was greater than it's previous POC etc.

Each Signal Marker in a chart has an option to generate a Signal Action when the signal fires. Included in the options of the Signal Action is a choice for "Text to File". I don't know if that has all the flexibility you need, but this functionality is currently available.

Alexlaxmikant View Post
Also there was one problem which troubled me a lot in MD at initial stage and that was repeat population of signals ex. if high is greater than last 4 bars high then buy, now what happen is that when bar changes and open of the bar is still higher than previous high then signal get repeated on this bar and alert signals pop-up again. To avoid that I had to use some other token ( I think it was number of signals, not sure ) I always felt that MD should let users write their own tokens and store them for later use.

There are various ways around this, including using the Signal Statistics indicator (SSTAT) with results like "bars since last signal" to only provide that signal if it has been x bars since it last occurred. Could also use SSTAT to ensure it only signaled first occurrence of the session/day.

Alexlaxmikant View Post
Then there was portfolio backtester issue, I couldn't test pair trading strategies in MD or I couldn't test my portfolio.

While you can backtest a portfolio/quotepage of symbols together, and the backtest results in a cumulative/composite set of reports including all symbols...the symbols are tested one at a time and have no knowledge of the state of the other signals on any given bar. There are some complex ways to accomplish this (Quotepage Statistics Indicator and Array Indicator), but it is very difficult to get this done. Our Trading System is better designed to backtest single symbols (although it is very easy to access the data of any other symbol within this backtest).

Alexlaxmikant View Post
Besides other minor issue like system used to get slow( CORE2DUO) whenever I tried to use auto scheduling import ( Substitute for Ascii mapping in MC )

We have done a great deal of improvement in the area of efficiency over the past 2 or 3 years. I think you might find things much improved on this front from 2 or 3 years back when you last tried the product.

Chad

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 11, 2019

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts