NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Adamus View Post
Have you guys actually done his course? It sounds great from the description but it actually tells me not very much at all that I can use to judge whether the course content is something I would benefit from. I've been looking at the psychology of trading pretty intensely now for the last few months because that's where my problems all lie, so maybe this course will only tell me stuff I know already - and the only benefit would be the personal 'coaching' element.

Hi @Adamus,

I have done Ray's course Intuitive Development for Traders (IDT) via TopStepTrader.

That particular course does not have coaching and I believe that the coaching is in some separate course.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Adamus View Post
Have you guys actually done his course? It sounds great from the description but it actually tells me not very much at all that I can use to judge whether the course content is something I would benefit from. I've been looking at the psychology of trading pretty intensely now for the last few months because that's where my problems all lie, so maybe this course will only tell me stuff I know already - and the only benefit would be the personal 'coaching' element.

I've got the 101 lessons book by Dr. Steenbarger, looking forward to read it. Didn't do IDT yet, might consider. Too much at the table right now. I have signed for CTD.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I was considering doing both IDT and CTD for a while, planning to go through during the summer dolldrums, but I learned on Friday in TST squawk they are hiking the price on Monday. So I signed up on Saturdays starting today. Now as I checked CTD website, they indeed hiked the price from 1495 to 2995. So I locked in at the old price.

My reason to do this despite already been funded by TST, is I want to develop further. I was consistently profitable over time only with very short term momentum trading, I tried a lot of swing trading, position trading, but never was consistent or trusted any system or approach. I want to develop further, I want to trade size. Size always was a limiting factor to me.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
BeansTwoNiner
Toronto Ontario Canada

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 35

I'm in week 1 of CTD right now. Also did IDT. IDT gives you a road map of the other variables you need to have down, entries and exits are only part of the equation.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

BeansTwoNiner View Post
I'm in week 1 of CTD right now. Also did IDT. IDT gives you a road map of the other variables you need to have down, entries and exits are only part of the equation.

I am still waiting on my login/information for CTD that supposedly starts today. How do you like it so far?

My main reason was to unlearn all the bad basic things I have been taught over the years by several mentors, all this indicator madness, ema spaghetti, etc. I have found a refuge in trading price action, supply/demand and order flow, but really want to expand it further onto swing trading level and beyond the day trading.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Not at home this week, so did not trade on Monday, did a bit of trading on practice yesterday. Still adjusting default stop size and filters, but starts to look much better. Taking these setups is same key level zones warrant better results as for my main setup and allow for nice rides. Also helps to reduce number of trades.

The first trade here got somehow quacked from the trade by non-exiting tick, despite having stop 4 ticks away. Had to increase as this ain't fun. Then planned a short but at some point decided to try to catch it ticking down from the range and potentially going up, it hit my stop to the tick, but the whole premise was wrong. I need to limit myself to trading with stop market orders unless fading a very key level. Then few good trades I should have held longer. Overall a slightly positive day, starts to look better. Now with the setup being fixed I need to formulate stop management strategy and finally come up with a trading plan.

Thanked by:

Adamus 
London, UK

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, home-grown Java
Broker: IB/IQFeed
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 789

xelaar View Post
Hope this answers the question. If anybody curios about concepts that I use I recommend to read first a bible of markets "Trading&Exchanges" by Larry Harris published by Oxford Press for basics of market internals, price discovery, liquidity, exchange matching mechanisms, etc. Another great book about the principles of Order Flow Trading by Daemon Goldsmith "Order Flow trading for Fun and Profit". Also check out Jigsaw trading website for some free material. I am doing several videos for Peter Davis on trading fast markets with Jigsaw tools that I used last two weeks in my Combine trading, so check out those too when they are out.

Hi Xelaar,
I was following up on your recommendation to read "Order Flow Trading" and I can find it on Amazon apart from one copy for over £100 - is it so rare? It says it was published 2011. Is it an ebook?

I am currently looking at levels in the market and I can't find a description on your journal about what you use to establish your key levels. Do you mind sharing again?

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Adamus View Post
Hi Xelaar,
I was following up on your recommendation to read "Order Flow Trading" and I can find it on Amazon apart from one copy for over £100 - is it so rare? It says it was published 2011. Is it an ebook?

I am currently looking at levels in the market and I can't find a description on your journal about what you use to establish your key levels. Do you mind sharing again?

Hi it was never sold on Amazon, I think 1000 copies were printed only. It costs 100 bucks new I believe or bit more.
It's not something you can't live without especially if you understand order flow already, but it can help a totally new trader to grasp how order flow works, stop liquidations. There are almost no ready made strategies in there, it's just a general overview. So bite no nails about it. You can get a sense of it at the author's site Trader Education

Levels.. it's must less about levels than about reading the order flow when price is traded at the level or nearby. But you can start with basic levels - just yesterday's high a low and see what you can digest from price action when it is closing on them.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Actually lately there have been quite interesting order flow related webinars here at nexusfi.com (formerly BMT). Especially Peter Davis's, MarketDelta's and less so OFA presentations.

Adamus 
London, UK

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, home-grown Java
Broker: IB/IQFeed
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 789

Actually I am aware of those seminars and they look good, but the reason why I was chasing up Daemon Goldsmith was because of an old announcement of a seminar by him on another well-known forum (not this one) that focuses on forex and part of the introductory blurb said:

Quoting 
Have you ever thought about who is participating in the foreign exchange market besides your fellow retail traders? If the answer is no, you should certainly change that. Although we can not have directly an insight into the order books of the large banks, we can identify some of the characteristics of important market participants and use this information in our trading.

In order to try to reconstruct what other traders might do, you have first to have a basic knowledge why the trade, how they trade and other known characteristics. Not all participants in a certain group share the same characteristics, but there a few that most of them do. So who is trading in the FX market?

So that got me interested because of the lack of volume data in forex and yet this talk about order flow. I'd love to take advantage of volume data-based order flow analysis with software like that from DionysusToast but obviously I'd have to go to 6E futures to do that and I'd lose the 1/2 ticks that I like in forex.

PS thanks for the pointer to his website - strangely I missed that one in google.

PPS Actually it seems that that quote above is actually a quote of Daemon Goldsmith - according to the user name on forexfactory.

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts