NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Gave it some effort today too, more less orderly, but not ready to start logging trades. Still net positive. Just few screenshots for the journal.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I did not trade DAX today, I did not like how it moved in the morning, plus I did not have a good sleep.

I was busy today with other stuff so only was able to trade gold a bit. But in the end net positive, after commissions would be about break even, but again I did not put much effort if any to it, putting these screenshots here only for my own future reference and another proof that system works even if I trade it sloppy!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Trendlinebreak
Brampton Canada

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 1

Hello xelaar,

I'm just wondering why you seemed to have changed your style a bit.
You were using the 2min GC chart before with the jigsaw trading tool.

So, what changed? Did you find the jigsaw trading tool ineffective?

Thanks,
TLB

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Trendlinebreak View Post
Hello xelaar,

I'm just wondering why you seemed to have changed your style a bit.
You were using the 2min GC chart before with the jigsaw trading tool.

So, what changed? Did you find the jigsaw trading tool ineffective?

Thanks,
TLB

As I was saying even in my webinar video, the chart configuration is just off the convenience - I am not getting any signals based on bar closes on particular chart, etc

But just in case, the gray chart above is 2m GC chart and beige charts are 1 tick range charts. Exactly same as I was using before.

The entry type is different now, but I was always striving to improve my entry technique to increase possible winners and reduce/eliminate entry slippage.

As for Jigsaw tools, I was trading order flow without them before and I don't use them all the time nowadays too. It gives an extra bit of confirmation in some cases where I am not sure a trade should be taken or now, and in situation when my signal has not yet presented itself but the tide seems to be turning early and I might miss a good surf. Here I might rely on Jigsaw to confirm that. Thus said, they are definitely useful.

Trendlinebreak
Brampton Canada

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 1

xelaar View Post
As I was saying even in my webinar video, the chart configuration is just off the convenience - I am not getting any signals based on bar closes on particular chart, etc

But just in case, the gray chart above is 2m GC chart and beige charts are 1 tick range charts. Exactly same as I was using before.

The entry type is different now, but I was always striving to improve my entry technique to increase possible winners and reduce/eliminate entry slippage.

As for Jigsaw tools, I was trading order flow without them before and I don't use them all the time nowadays too. It gives an extra bit of confirmation in some cases where I am not sure a trade should be taken or now, and in situation when my signal has not yet presented itself but the tide seems to be turning early and I might miss a good surf. Here I might rely on Jigsaw to confirm that. Thus said, they are definitely useful.

Ok, thanks. I guess you changed from breakout to a pull back strategy.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Trendlinebreak View Post
Ok, thanks. I guess you changed from breakout to a pull back strategy.

It was never really a pull back or breakout strategy. It was and still is an orderflow strategy. Matter of where to entry, what profit to project and what risk to take. My original entry type proved less efficient live than on demo, hence I started to look to improve the expectation.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

No trading today. Low volume, unconvincing price action, possibility of news spikes. Did some experiments though, getting closer to that new plan to be finished. Important not to be greedy with targets.

I think I will be aiming to keep testing and logging at least till the end of September to get more proficient and hopefully to get tape bomb volatility out of the way.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

My current thoughs on DAX: this is a very different beast comparing to GC or CL. It behaves very different. It is prone to surges in trading, volatility and volume during short periods of time during the day, usually several times a day. Then it prints large candles with barely any pullback, it just grinds fast, giving no entry with any technical analysis approach. Other times it either sits in a narrow range and barely trades giving 1 car orders, or makes small blasts pushing stops out. I am coming to a conclusion DAX is not worth trading same way as I trade gold, rather one must only participate in these fast pushes and benefit from them. Similar pushes occur in GC too, but boy they are ridiculously fast and volatile, slippage is tremendous so my approach is to avoid them if I can't get into position on pullback prior to this event. These events happen usually at key levels, so there is some structure. On dax though, I am working on entering pretty much into these grinding moves on very small pullback DAX is doing (4-7 ticks usually). Until momentum is there a nice ride can offset several smallish losers. Also it is easy to know when you are wrong - it is when price directional movement stops. So small stop works, and also time based stop can be used - if trade is not in profit in let say 30 seconds, better dump it.

I am leaving tomorrow for a week, plan to start recorded trading with monitoring performance metrics once I am back!

Thanked by:
 jlwade123   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 684
Thanks Received: 897

xelaar View Post
I am leaving tomorrow for a week, plan to start recorded trading with monitoring performance metrics once I am back!

Enjoy your time off! I am testing a new momentum system that I am hopeful about from preliminary back testing. Perhaps I will have something to talk about when you return.

JLW

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Good moves, even though I had to sit out Draghi conference (played Super Mario instead lol).

Trade locations and directions from higher time frame intra day chart, trade entry and timing from range bar chart. Dropped faster EMAs, left only 200 and 1000 (for positioning). As I forfeited fast trades I have now time to draw trendlines and I believe it helps.

Todays trades and potential trades.

I am trialing S5 so here is a screenshot from their analytic tool. Decent one, even though nothing special, I can export trade log in csv file and import into my spreadsheet and generate even more stats. But for traders who have no better it is a good option.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts